PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
John Quinn coach? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
John Quinn coach? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
John Quinn coach? EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
John Quinn coach? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
John Quinn coach? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
John Quinn coach? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
John Quinn coach? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
John Quinn coach? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
John Quinn coach? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Quinn coach?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John Quinn coach? Empty John Quinn coach? Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Anonymous

Speaking to a colleague the other day, he was talking up John Quinn. Quinn is at GWS and was fitness coach at Essendon.

This guy told me Quinn was the best sprint coach in Australia. He said athletes coached included Darren Clark, Cathy Freeman, Lauren Hewitt & Alozie. I wasn't sure, but I don't remember him coaching Clark or Freeman.  Not knockIng the guy, but I couldn't think of any athletes that improved heaps under Quinn or did anything special.

Any help with athletes coached to success?

2John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 am

Anonymous

Dale seers. Stawell gift winner.

3John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Anonymous

Quinny is a top class coach. Not sure he coached Darren Clarke... Before my time. He didn't coach Dale Seers to his Stawell Gift win. That was Andrew Murphy.

Regards,
Choice Bro

4John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Anonymous

Also, Peter Fortune coached Cathy Freeman and Lauren H... However Lauren did defect at a later stage to JQ
Choice

5John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Anonymous

Quinn's a good coach, but not the best we've got. wouldn't rate him in same class as Peter Fortune. Fort coached Hewitt to her PB's and was Cathy's coach for all her main achievements. Sydney athletics journalist Michael Hurst coached Darren Clarke to the Olympic finals and commonwealth gold in 1990. Quinn's best attributes are as a HP manager & co-ordination of an elite program like he does for the AFL and he did at the TIS.

6John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:11 am

Anonymous

Sorry, John Smith coached Seers (according to the Almanac and my memory)

7John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Anonymous

John Quinn coached Steve Perry over 400m to a time of around 46.1ish

8John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 am

Anonymous

I remember John Quinn as a respected coach to some of Tasmania's sprinters around the early 1990's. I am unsure if he trained middle distance/distance or field athletes but he certainly trained some of Tasmanias best sprinters at the time includind David Thom 10.53 and Glen McCarthy 10.66.

9John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 am

Anonymous

Elk wrote:I remember John Quinn as a respected coach to some of Tasmania's sprinters around the early 1990's. I am unsure if he trained middle distance/distance or field athletes but he certainly trained some of Tasmanias best sprinters at the time including David Thom 10.53 and Glen McCarthy 10.66.

Thom and McCarthy weren't Tasmanian born. Quinn imported them from NSW. He imported most of his athletes to Tassie. It's debatable about what benefit local Tassie athletes got from John Quinn's time there. Some say he was good and raised the standard and profile of track and field, others say he didn't support local athletes, preferring to import athletes like Thom, McCarthy, Robin Calleja and Simon Mcintyre. Agree Quinn's a respected and good coach.

10John Quinn coach? Empty Re: John Quinn coach? Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Anonymous

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

John’s career has spanned more than 25 years. He has worked with many of Australia’s leading athletes and coaches across a number of sports as diverse as track and field, swimming, AFL, rugby league, tennis, cricket and soccer. He was a team coach for track and field at the Sydney Olympic Games, has been the Australian fitness coach for two International Rules Series (AFL), traveled with the Socceroos in 2006 in the role of Head Conditioner in a friendly competition in Kuwait and currently holds a position as the strength and conditioning coach for the Dhaka Warriors in the Indian Cricket League. He is highly regarded in the sport and fitness industry and his expertise is regularly sought from sporting team’s and business’ looking to find a unique insight into elite performance that involves John’s personal interaction with some of Australia’s most legendary sportspeople. These have included Kevin Sheedy (coach of Essendon Football Club 1980 – 2007); James Hird (Essendon Football Club Premiership Captain 2000 and Brownlow Medalist 1996); Catherine Freeman (Olympic Gold Medalist 400m, Sydney 2000), Lauren Hewitt (100m/200m 3 x Olympian; World Championship finalist), Darren Clark (Commonwelath Games Gold Medalist 400m, 1990); Daniel Kowalski (Olympic Silver Medalist 1500m swimming, 1996) and many more.

Interaction. What does that mean?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum