PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cupar (Scotland)
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm by JH

» Selkirk (Scotland) Borders
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 am by JH

» Hawick ( Borders) Scotland
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm by JH

» Earlston (Borders Scotland)
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am by JH

» Markinch Results
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:08 am by JH

» Stathmore (Scotland)
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:03 am by JH

» Helensburgh (Scotland)
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:22 am by JH

» Markinch Scotland.
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 pm by JH

» 2018 City of Edinburgh Running Festival
Tue May 29, 2018 5:56 pm by mwebster

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand?

Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

121 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:23 pm

YETI

untouchables wrote:
Nothing at all wrote:Even though you mentioned 10 athletes untouchables, not one of them will beat Rizzo let alone make the final. If you're this drunk come Easter, come and see me. I'll give you good odds for all those runners you mentioned.

I just think he can not do it, because he is in the middle of the field, pressure all around and I believe he hasn't got the running form to handle the that pressure. Then again, he might way too good for them. But I think there value out there to be taken. That's good if he wins good luck to Rizzo. I really don't care who wins to tell you the truth. I'd rather see one of my brothers horses win another group one instead.

Mate you seriously must be drunk. See below you comment from the meadowglen polls Laughing

I think Rizzo will run a 100m in 10.10 to 10.25 in good conditions. Could easily see him make the final of the Commonwealth Games. Luke is a world class 400m runner and would make the Commonwealth 400m final. Two different types of runners, hopefully they are both running in the green and gold next year

122 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

untouchables

YETI wrote:
untouchables wrote:
Nothing at all wrote:Even though you mentioned 10 athletes untouchables, not one of them will beat Rizzo let alone make the final. If you're this drunk come Easter, come and see me. I'll give you good odds for all those runners you mentioned.

I just think he can not do it, because he is in the middle of the field, pressure all around and I believe he hasn't got the running form to handle the that pressure. Then again, he might way too good for them. But I think there value out there to be taken. That's good if he wins good luck to Rizzo. I really don't care who wins to tell you the truth. I'd rather see one of my brothers horses win another group one instead.

Mate you seriously must be drunk. See below you comment from the meadowglen polls  Laughing

I think Rizzo will run a 100m in 10.10 to 10.25 in good conditions. Could easily see him make the final of the Commonwealth Games. Luke is a world class 400m runner and would make the Commonwealth 400m final. Two different types of runners, hopefully they are both running in the green and gold next year

I still say my tips are better than your dumb ass tips lol!

123 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 pm

GLPR

untouchables you are worst tips on here every week

124 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Greg Francis

auspro wrote:Baffling handicaps

...Runner backed into 2nd favourite last year off 8.5m,

...runs 12.29

...Comes back 0.5m

...Evidently now handicapped better then 95% of the field

...ludicrous

I’d be more worried about this guy:
120m Open Gift 9909 Fejiro Omuvwie 7.5

Discipline Performance Date
60m 7.06 21 OCT 2017
100m 10.75 23 SEP 2017

Has been given 2.25m lift for Stawell compared to his usually mark. Last few gifts has run off 5 -5.75m, most recently running 12.6.

Last 5 runs has “strained hamstring” last 30m and slowed down. Went from running 10.75 to 11.3 within 5 months leading up to Stawell.

Also the 70m:

70m Open 9909 Fejiro Omuvwie 5

Running off 5m, given a 1m lift from last run.
Ran 7.48 off 4m in QLD
Now runs off 5m for Stawell???

But it doesn’t matter anyways because the Stawell Gift winner is going to be… Greg Francis

125 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Thatsthestats

Greg Francis wrote:

...runs 12.29

...Comes back 0.5m

...ludicrous

Discipline     Performance        Date
60m            7.06                  21 OCT 2017
100m          10.75                 23 SEP 2017

Has been given 2.25m lift for Stawell compared to his usually mark. Last few gifts has run off 5 -5.75m, most recently running 12.6.

Last 5 runs has “strained hamstring” last 30m and slowed down. Went from running 10.75 to 11.3 within 5 months leading up to Stawell.

Also the 70m:

Ran 7.48 off 4m in QLD

But it doesn’t matter anyways because the Stawell Gift winner is going to be… Greg Francis

Mate have you been on the piss with Untouchables? If Fejiro wins I will buy you a beer. His technique is pretty scratchy

126 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 pm

auspro

If his hamstring holds together he will go well. Beats Ben Haywood here who is running around 10.6s. i think his 60m is his best but how does he get 7.5m with a 10.75?

harry potter been pulling marks from the sorting hat

127 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Toolman

I actually think Auspro is on to something here. Meets Eschebach 1.25m better off then he does in Qld. Not much reward for Tim at all for all his efforts in getting down to run in Victoria.

128 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 pm

untouchables

Thatsthestats wrote:
Greg Francis wrote:

...runs 12.29

...Comes back 0.5m

...ludicrous

Also the 70m:

Ran 7.48 off 4m in QLD

Mate have you been on the piss with Untouchables? If Fejiro wins I will buy you a beer. His technique is pretty scratchy

you are all mad have you not heard of Alcohol Prohibition in the 30's by the untouchables and i have tipped heaps of winners. afro

129 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 am

tasmanian

Who is Jacob Despard training with now that he is in Victoria?

130 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 am

Hubbaup

tasmanian wrote:Who is Jacob Despard training with now that he is in Victoria?

He’s with Scott Rowsell mate

131 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 am

untouchables

i have cancel my booking at Comfort Inn Country Plaza Halls Gap if there anyone wanting a room to stay try there it might be available.

132 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 pm

OldandSlow

Two outsiders off 10 (Campbell and Voumard) came out and made the final last year so Im looking at the top top end again to deliver us another few final appearance surprises.

Campbell's only lost 25cm and if fitter could go close again, but Ive not seen him all year so no idea if he has been doing any work. Does anyone know if he has been training?

Dunbar is as close to the limit as he has ever been for Stawell from memory, so would be great to see him sneak a final but not sure he can go under 12.3 win a semi. Either way would love a vet there representing the old blokes which brings me to Phelan.

He's back on 10 and shown glimpses of last years form. Wasn't beaten by much at Castlemaine by Baird earlier in the year and recently took out Doncaster. He did run 12.37 in his heat last year and missed the final by nothing after being pipped by Grubnic. I've written him off too many times to leave him off my fronties outsider list but think the legs are just a few years too old now

Lugo - He's comes back from his great 12.26 win at Bendigo but if he has anymore up his sleeve and gets a good semi draw I wouldn't want to be the one trying to run him down...the pocket rocket could get lucky

B Singh has had me stratching my head most of the season. Looking fit and strong, I've been wondering what he was planning on taking out. Either injured post Wang or waiting for Easter as he has run quick and made it look very easy. I know he's back a bit but wont be surprised if he could still go low 12.3

Sure the above will get a few laughs but no point calling out all the same names as half of them will most likely come up against each other in the semi's and get run out anyway.

Can't wait to watch it all unfold!

133 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 pm

YETI

Greg Francis wrote:

...runs 12.29

...Comes back 0.5m

...ludicrous

Also the 70m:

Ran 7.48 off 4m in QLD

THE FAMOUS GREG EGGHEAD FRANCIS WILL NEVER WIN STAWELL

134 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Sprinter101

Finegan entered for the Queensland Athletics Grand Prix tonight in the 100m & 200m, interesting to see if he runs.

135 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 pm

thecrimsonflash

Sprinter101 wrote:Finegan entered for the Queensland Athletics Grand Prix tonight in the 100m & 200m, interesting to see if he runs.

Is Greg Francis entered? I reckon Francis could drop a 10.45 if there is a nice tail.

136 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Sprinter101

thecrimsonflash wrote:
Sprinter101 wrote:Finegan entered for the Queensland Athletics Grand Prix tonight in the 100m & 200m, interesting to see if he runs.

Is Greg Francis entered? I reckon Francis could drop a 10.45 if there is a nice tail.

11.03 for Finegan

137 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Baltimore Jack

Summer of Athletics Grand Prix - 22/03/2018
Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre (QSAC)

Event 5 Men 100 Metre Run B Final Open
=======================================================================
Name Year Team Finals Points
Finals
1 Hayward, Benjamin Queensland 10.83
2 Flottmann, Jonty Queensland 10.92
3 Smith, Nick New Zealand 10.94
4 Radrudru, Kolinio Fiji 10.95
5 Lee Marai, Nazmie Png 10.99
6 Powell, Aaron Fiji 10.99
7 Lane, John Queensland 11.02
8 Finegan, Gary Queensland 11.03

Finegan ran hard for 60 then completely shut down. Was easily in front before dropping anchor.

138 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Sprinter101

Baltimore Jack wrote: Summer of Athletics Grand Prix - 22/03/2018              

Event 5  Men 100 Metre Run B Final Open
   Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Points
Finals                                                                
 1 Hayward, Benjamin            Queensland               10.83        
 2 Flottmann, Jonty             Queensland               10.92        
 3 Smith, Nick                  New Zealand              10.94        
 4 Radrudru, Kolinio            Fiji                     10.95        
 5 Lee Marai, Nazmie            Png                      10.99        
 6 Powell, Aaron                Fiji                     10.99        
 7 Lane, John                   Queensland               11.02        
 8 Finegan, Gary                Queensland               11.03      

Finegan ran hard for 60 then completely shut down. Was easily in front before dropping anchor.  

https://youtu.be/BasKY2d_W5I

Also ran a 22.51 200m

139 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Sprinter101

Sprinter101 wrote:
Baltimore Jack wrote: Summer of Athletics Grand Prix - 22/03/2018              

Event 5  Men 100 Metre Run B Final Open
   Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Points
Finals                                                                
 1 Hayward, Benjamin            Queensland               10.83        
 2 Flottmann, Jonty             Queensland               10.92        
 3 Smith, Nick                  New Zealand              10.94        
 4 Radrudru, Kolinio            Fiji                     10.95        
 5 Lee Marai, Nazmie            Png                      10.99        
 6 Powell, Aaron                Fiji                     10.99        
 7 Lane, John                   Queensland               11.02        
 8 Finegan, Gary                Queensland               11.03      

https://youtu.be/BasKY2d_W5I

Also ran a 22.51 200m

200m video: https://youtu.be/2uxkctWTg4k

140 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Baltimore Jack

Gary Finegan ran the best 60m trial for a Stawell Gift I've seen for a long time! He was going to hammer Hayward by 3m. Around 10.55 was on the cards.

141 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Bossenbanter

I don’t think Finegan’s run tonight is all it’s hyped up to be, perhaps on par with his pb run. I’ll be very interested watching him in the back markers race at Stawell after he is eliminated in the semi’s of the gift. He doesn’t have what it takes to win the Stawell final.

What has happened to Devon Allen? No media release, gone back on his word at STC stating he was racing, now denying it? They are leaving it a bit late if they are using him to get numbers in the gate. If he is a late inclusion and receives more than Ross on 1.5m, how will people react? Potentially write his name on the cheque now if so.

142 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Baltimore Jack

Bossenbanter wrote:
What has happened to Devon Allen? No media release, gone back on his word at STC stating he was racing, now denying it? They are leaving it a bit late if they are using him to get numbers in the gate. If he is a late inclusion and receives more than Ross on 1.5m, how will people react? Potentially write his name on the cheque now if so.

Devon Allen dropped a 10.26s on Saturday in Sydney. No wind. He runs away from the field and beats Hartmann by 2m. If he's in the gift, surely he has to go on scratch.

143 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:39 am

Ribera

Expert
Expert
Surely.....sounds like your pleading BJ Very Happy
Devon's wild card is in.
He will have more than scratch, like anyone else who runs 10.26 would have. Hale had 3+ after running 10.21 and couldn't win.
Off say 1.00m Devon will be hard pressed to give the likes of Rizzo and Finegan 3 & 4 + metres.

Rizzo still the one to beat as he is only 3.00m back from last years win. Smashed 'em last year and has clearly improved.

144 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:02 am

Elmer Fudd

Baltimore Jack wrote:Gary Finegan ran the best 60m trial for a Stawell Gift I've seen for a long time! He was going to hammer Hayward by 3m. Around 10.55 was on the cards.

If athletes have to declare times ran elsewhere their conduct elsewhere should also be fair game. This is unacceptable and it is completely wrong if he is able to keep the same mark. It would be punished in a VAL event and he has done it elsewhere for VAL purposes only.

145 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am

YETI

Baltimore Jack wrote:
Bossenbanter wrote:

Devon Allen dropped a 10.26s on Saturday in Sydney. No wind. He runs away from the field and beats Hartmann by 2m. If he's in the gift, surely he has to go on scratch.

If Devon Allen is a late entry surely he wont receive more than a 1m handicap. he does add excitement.

However I think he might struggle if he comes up against athletes like: Despard, Rizzo, Finegane, Woodhams and even Baird. This year's Stawell is still super wide open. With a handful of quality athlete's that can pull the trigger.

Like Ribera said: I think Rizzo is still the athlete to beat come easter. He was running fast at the opening of the season (clearly improved after watching him run at sandy). Most athlete's continue to improve throughout the season. But dont forget that he has experience when it comes to running at stawell. That is another factor that will play to his advantage.

However it's time for a poll. cyclops

146 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am

DDog

Spot on Elmer. Rules state all performances must be declared. I presume they must try or would make no sense having it. Won well at Euroa but big step up in class. Looks like Rizzo benevolent but not many runs, fantastic discipline if been fit and healthy all this time. Same old, some unbelievable handicaps in all races. Some athletes been “ gifted” events.

147 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 am

Yeca

It was horrible conditions up there by the looks of things. It was pissing down raining on the live stream. The handicappers know what Finegan can do. Stop looking for excuses to try and ping Finegan and start running faster and post a PB at 32 years of age then let’s talk about conduct!! Most of you hacks complaining are guys who run around each week playing the game of never getting out of your heat. This guy runs a PB at 32yo, declares it and you complain that he probably didn’t want to risk injuring himself 5 days after flying to Melbourne to run 3 hard runs. Sounds like the ones making these comments are the ones who are bringing the sport into disrepute and should be sanctioned, not Finegan!

148 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 am

GLPR

OldandSlow wrote:Two outsiders off 10 (Campbell and Voumard) came out and made the final last year so Im looking at the top top end again to deliver us another few final appearance  surprises.

Campbell's only lost 25cm and if fitter could go close again, but Ive not seen him all year so no idea if he has been doing any work. Does anyone know if he has been training?

Dunbar is as close to the limit as he has ever been for Stawell  from memory, so would be great to see him sneak a final but not sure he can go under 12.3 win a semi.  Either way would love a vet there representing the old blokes which brings me to Phelan.

He's back on 10 and shown glimpses of last years form. Wasn't beaten by much at Castlemaine by Baird earlier in the year and recently took out Doncaster. He did run 12.37 in his heat last year and missed the final by nothing after being pipped by Grubnic. I've written him off too many times to leave him off my fronties outsider list but think the legs are just a few years too old now

Lugo - He's comes back from his great 12.26 win at Bendigo but if he has anymore up his sleeve and gets a good semi draw I wouldn't want to be the one trying to run him down...the pocket rocket could get lucky

B Singh has had me stratching my head most of the season. Looking fit and strong, I've been wondering what he was planning on taking out.  Either injured post Wang or waiting for Easter as he has run quick and made it look very easy. I know he's back a bit but wont be surprised if he could still go low 12.3

Sure the above will get a few laughs but no point calling out all the same names as half of them will most likely come up against each other in the semi's and get run out anyway.

Can't wait to watch it all unfold!

phelan trial 11.7 on rubber not bad form
how dunbar get so big mark?

149 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am

Yeca

Great form from phelan. That is to be commended. Should be a real show for a finalist.

150 Re: Stawell Gift Final - where do we stand? on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:50 am

YETI

Yeca wrote:It was horrible conditions up there by the looks of things. It was pissing down raining on the live stream. The handicappers know what Finegan can do. Stop looking for excuses to try and ping Finegan and start running faster and post a PB at 32 years of age then let’s talk about conduct!! Most of you hacks complaining are guys who run around each week playing the game of never getting out of your heat. This guy runs a PB at 32yo, declares it and you complain that he probably didn’t want to risk injuring himself 5 days after flying to Melbourne to run 3 hard runs. Sounds like the ones making these comments are the ones who are bringing the sport into disrepute and should be sanctioned, not Finegan!

If Finegan was so concerned about the risk of an injury 5 days after running 3 hard runs in Melbourne. Why would you even bother entering and running in pissy conditions? Not a smart idea is it.

Good on Finegan for running a PB at the age of 32. Most athletes aren't able to achieve that goal. I think most people are unhappy with his actions in the lead up to stawell. Don't go out and run 11.03 pulling the hand break after 60m. Disgraceful Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum