PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

Log in

I forgot my password



Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cupar (Scotland)
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm by JH

» Selkirk (Scotland) Borders
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 am by JH

» Hawick ( Borders) Scotland
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm by JH

» Earlston (Borders Scotland)
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am by JH

» Markinch Results
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:08 am by JH

» Stathmore (Scotland)
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:03 am by JH

» Helensburgh (Scotland)
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:22 am by JH

» Markinch Scotland.
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 pm by JH

» 2018 City of Edinburgh Running Festival
Tue May 29, 2018 5:56 pm by mwebster

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Woodhams flying under the radar

Woodhams flying under the radar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Dale Woodhams seems to be the forgotten man when it comes to Stawell this year.

Former runner up who ran 12.1 off 7.25m in 2010. Now has 7.75m and ran a close second to another favourite Despard recently at St. Albans.

If he take one between now and Easter he could be running of 8.25m or even 8.5m.  Definitely not past his prime so if he is only in the same shape as 2010 that puts him under 12 seconds.

2 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

youngy

avatar
Admin
Admin
Interesting post there Meatpie. Thanks for your concern.  Very Happy  I'm not sure a 2nd place at St Albans is running under the radar. It's pretty much exposed form and he was well beaten by a gun in Despard who Dale is destined to meet worse off at Easter (among others including Rizzo, Woodgate & Sam Baird).

I'm also not sure Dale will ever get back to his best.

About 4 years ago Dale underwent major surgery to his stomach that kept him out of action for two years. Doctors were of the view it would take up to five years to get anything back to full strength and fitness. There were complications in the surgery that had a few people worried. Having your stomach removed, untangled then put back in is not recommended for anyone let alone an athlete at the age he should be at his best. They didn't exactly have a priest on stand by but the idea of running again was just a pipedream.

A lot of mental scars went along with those physical ones.

Anyway he's slowly recovered with a lot of patience and perseverence. He has been inspired a bit by Luke Versace coming back from adversity, although it won't finish with the fairy tale ending of Luke's journey.

I agree, fully fit he'd be dangerous but the toll on his body recovering from the issues he had has been massive and he's hoping he can just pick up a nice win somewhere. He can't attend Ballarat this weekend due to prior commitments but he should be able to run at Keilor & Bendigo.


_________________
"Let's Go While We're Young"

3 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 pm

DarrenW


youngy wrote:Interesting post there Meatpie. Thanks for your concern.  Very Happy  I'm not sure a 2nd place at St Albans is running under the radar. It's pretty much exposed form and he was well beaten by a gun in Despard who Dale is destined to meet worse off at Easter (among others including Rizzo, Woodgate & Sam Baird).

I'm also not sure Dale will ever get back to his best.

About 4 years ago Dale underwent major surgery to his stomach that kept him out of action for two years. Doctors were of the view it would take up to five years to get anything back to full strength and fitness. There were complications in the surgery that had a few people worried. Having your stomach removed, untangled then put back in is not recommended for anyone let alone an athlete at the age he should be at his best. They didn't exactly have a priest on stand by but the idea of running again was just a pipedream.

A lot of mental scars went along with those physical ones.

Anyway he's slowly recovered with a lot of patience and perseverence. He has been inspired a bit by Luke Versace coming back from adversity, although it won't finish with the fairy tale ending of Luke's journey.

I agree, fully fit he'd be dangerous but the toll on his body recovering from the issues he had has been massive and he's hoping he can just pick up a nice win somewhere. He can't attend Ballarat this weekend due to prior commitments but he should be able to run at Keilor & Bendigo.

What an amazing effort to come back this far.

4 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 am

Baltimore Jack


Great to hear a good news back story. I wondered why Woodhams wasn't as fast as he was Stawell back in 2010.
Hope he wins a decent gift soon.

5 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Woodhams still not a chance for Stawell? Guess we will know after this weekend at Bendigo but a 7.48 at Loxton in the 70m is a huge sign.

6 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Admin

avatar
Admin
Admin
Meatpie wrote:Woodhams still not a chance for Stawell? Guess we will know after this weekend at Bendigo but a 7.48 at Loxton in the 70m is a huge sign.

Event 136 - LOXTON 70m Open - Final:
Position Name Colour Mark Time
1 Nickolas Berry Green 10.00m 7.906
2 Hayden Rothe Yellow 7.00m 7.918
3 Dale Woodhams White 5.50m 7.934
4 Mitchell Tucker Red 5.00m 8.044
4 Nathan Hoare Black 13.50m 8.054
6 Lachlan Grubb Blue 6.50m 8.196


http://protrack.forumotion.com

7 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Flagstaff, apologies!

8 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:26 pm

auspro


Tough weekend when his main worry is not breaking the ceiling time for the stawell lift. Can he thread the needle and not break 12.30 to claim a half on a (likely) flying track?

9 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:01 am

Admin

avatar
Admin
Admin
BAY SHEFFIELD 70m Open - Final:
Position Name Colour Mark Time
1 Sasha Zhoya Red 3.50m 7.495
2 Tomas Semmler Blue 4.50m 7.599
3 Tim Rooke Yellow 5.25m 7.611
4 Rupert Lugo Green 7.00m 7.695 (Lugo ran 7.46s in the heat)
5 Nicholas Repalust White 4.00m 7.697
6 Aaron Harrison Black 11.00m 7.740

Aaron Harrison ran 7.58 at Flagstaff Hll. Roughly 1.5m faster than at the Bay. Harrison was also the slowest qualifier for the Bay Sheffield 70m final. The tail wind at Flagstaff Hill on a track that is slightly downhill was in the vicinity of 3m plus. Puts Woodhams in the low 7.6's on adjusted times. Woodhams was flat chat trying to win the (arguably) more prestigious Loxton 70m but just missed on the line in 7.93.

Not sure why Meatpie has an obsession with Woodhams, but given there will be a number of 'bonus winners' sitting this one out including one who smashed Dale at St Albans I wouldn't be getting too carried away with the Bendigo result.

Last week it was Finegan, this week it's Woodhams. Next week ?

PS: Since St Albans, most of the field has gone forward between 0.25 to 0.75, so Woodhams meets the field worse off including 1 athlete who ran 12.58sec to Dale's 12.56sec in the semi. He's gone forward 0.50m. That certainly tightens it up.

http://protrack.forumotion.com

10 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 am

Whispers


ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hey Meatpie

If you call having a REDHOT go at Dalysford and St Albans looking for the few extra metres and coming up short as Flying under the radar , then I will go HE for chasey.
Clearly shows hes just off the top bracket of runners.

11 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:42 pm

auspro


Admin wrote:BAY SHEFFIELD 70m Open - Final:
Position Name Colour Mark Time
1 Sasha Zhoya Red 3.50m 7.495
2 Tomas Semmler Blue 4.50m 7.599
3 Tim Rooke Yellow 5.25m 7.611
4 Rupert Lugo Green 7.00m 7.695 (Lugo ran 7.46s in the heat)
5 Nicholas Repalust White 4.00m 7.697
6 Aaron Harrison Black 11.00m 7.740

Aaron Harrison ran 7.58 at Flagstaff Hll. Roughly 1.5m faster than at the Bay. Harrison was also the slowest qualifier for the Bay Sheffield 70m final. The tail wind at Flagstaff Hill on a track that is slightly downhill was in the vicinity of 3m plus. Puts Woodhams in the low 7.6's on adjusted times. Woodhams was flat chat trying to win the (arguably) more prestigious Loxton 70m but just missed on the line in 7.93.

Not sure why Meatpie has an obsession with Woodhams, but given there will be a number of 'bonus winners' sitting this one out including one who smashed Dale at St Albans I wouldn't be getting too carried away with the Bendigo result.

Last week it was Finegan, this week it's Woodhams. Next week ?

PS: Since St Albans, most of the field has gone forward between 0.25 to 0.75, so Woodhams meets the field worse off including 1 athlete who ran 12.58sec to Dale's 12.56sec in the semi. He's gone forward 0.50m. That certainly tightens it up.

This is a pro running discussion board is it not? ....and i think you will find this post is ongoing from January, so its nothing recent, possibly an obsession. I can explain why Woodhams is the highlight this week (or Finegan last) but it seems pretty straight forward.

The Bendigo poll has these top 6 chances.

carter
rooke
woodhams
dunbar
phelan
lugo

I can tell you what 5 of them will run at Bendigo. Why not discuss the 6th?

12 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:16 pm

XXL


What do you think that field runs in the final auspro?

13 Re: Woodhams flying under the radar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:54 pm

auspro



woodhams
lugo
Rooke
Carter

No Dunbar or phelan

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum