PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bay Sheffield Carnival - HANDICAPS for senior events
Today at 5:01 pm by Admin

» 2018 Bay Sheffield - U/18 & U/14 HANDICAPS
Today at 4:09 pm by Admin

» Marysville Results
Today at 3:05 pm by vicoutsider

» Marysville Gift
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm by Mex

» Keith Patching Sprint Poll
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 pm by Trackstar

» Brighton Athletic Carnival (SAAL) Handicaps - Sunday 16th dec 2018
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm by Admin

» Womens Gifts
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 pm by Mex

» Waverley Results
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm by JH

» Waverley Gift
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm by Mex

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo

Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm

DDog

Congratulations to you all for making the final of the inaugural 300m Masters Series to be run at Bendigo on Saturday at 3.20pm.

Very interesting discretionary handicap. Les Williams got pulled two metres and Biggs and Wearmouth stayed on same handicap. All other runners got lifts.

The start list is as follows:

Red Tancredi 0

White Ezard 8

Blue Greenough 11

Yellow W. Pasquali 22

Green Cherry 27

Pink Biggs 34

Black A. Pasquali 41

Grey Wearmouth 46

Orange Williams 53

Purple Emmett 81

Good luck to you all.

2 Re: Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am

Elmer Fudd

Why do you think so many of us didn’t enter? It always said discretionary handicaps. Why not the regular handicaps? It was never going to be fair. Waste of $25.

3 Re: Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:42 pm

DDog

Bloody Hell Elmer, you are probably right, only 28 entered out of a pool of around 100/150 vets. Must have been lot worried about something. At the beginning I thought it was a fantastic concept but now have serious doubts because of the handicapping and other issues.There was also a debacle a few meetings ago when Avondial Heights was included in the series which may have been fine with Wangaratta cancelled but no one was informed. No cut off date was also ridiculous, I wish I could get on the Melbourne Cup at the 200 m Mark.

4 Fair suck on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Bazza McKenzie

This is my first foray into PF but I have been associated with the VAL for many years. Sounds like DDog is a Wine Series contender and a bit pissed off. You could say 'fair suck of the old sav' dogman, you knew the conditions when entries started so suck it up but then if other athletes were advantaged maybe the handicapper is on a few bottles if his chosen one salutes. In fact I could do with one right now one, to quote Bazz ' I would drink it out of a Japanese wrestlers jockstrap'.

5 Re: Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Elmer Fudd

DDog : fantastic concept and very popular topic but not done right and hope it goes on with slight changes. Cutoff would see more enter instead of wait and see if performing later. Easy cash for VAL there. But still a lot won’t enter with musical chair marks in the final. Vets know what goes on. No event could have marks more downpat than 300 vets. It is run at every meet. One would think discretionary might be for one or two athletes if circumstances arose. Not to shape the whole field. As far as wang / avondale heights did anyone hear anything official or just via the trusty old back chanels?

Bazza : if his chosen one salutes… nail on head.

6 Re: Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Mex

A fantastic concept for the older athletes. Absolute credit to Darryl for organising it. I know of a couple of Masters athletes who chose not to enter. Probably still paying the price for wins in years gone past. If the sponsor is keen to go around again I think there would be more entries and with it being advertised before the first race of the season more may make the effort to compete at early races.

Could they give a bottle to the athletes that finish in the top three at the qualifying events as a way to increase the awareness? Do they include every athlete in the mix and not have an additional entry fee? Do they increase the entry fee for the qualifying events by $1 and that way you are qualified for the series?

I think that some of the above questions may be reflected upon at the seasons end. I also think that these kind of series help the competition.

7 Re: Wine Series Handicaps Bendigo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 pm

SANCHEZ

Agree Mex. Full credit to Daryl for going out of his way to organise something for the vets. Daryl had nothing to gain but was just trying to help the sport. Unfortunately the series came about in a bit of a hurry because of the need to get it going as soon as possible so points could start being accrued. Hopefully next year it is still around and the runners are aware of it earlier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum