PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Alva (Scotland)
Yesterday at 11:26 pm by JH

» Thornton (Scotland)
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:20 pm by JH

» Kenmore (Scotland)
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:16 pm by JH

» Peebles (Scotland Borders)
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 pm by JH

» Oban (Scotland)
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:37 pm by JH

» Cupar (Scotland)
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm by JH

» Selkirk (Scotland) Borders
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 am by JH

» Hawick ( Borders) Scotland
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm by JH

» Earlston (Borders Scotland)
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am by JH

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April

Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Pro Pasto

Get in while you can!

2 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 am

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
A final reminder to athletes that are looking for a last meeting prior to Winter training - entries for the Bunbury Gift close this coming Sunday.

Great prizemoney up for grabs and not too many entries from the Vics, SA or Tassie crews. As the Handicapper I will be looking at providing all with a competitive mark and are aiming for tight, exciting racing.

The organizers have put a lot of work and time into creating a great carnival that will be ongoing and become an essential part of the Australian Pro running calendar. You can also mix it in with a few days down at Margaret River having a crack at the wineries (one of my primary incentives for making the trip).

They are also happy to assist interstate athletes with arranging accommodation and travel from the airport. Enter on line:

http://bunburygeographegift.com.au/

3 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:32 pm

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
By the way, if anyone wishes to give me a call about the gift, they are welcome to do so. I wont handicap by negotiation, but I'm happy to discuss the general approach.

Cheers,

Mark O'Brien

4 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 pm

AussiePro

Don't know how this can become an 'essential part of the Aus Pro running calendar' when it's not supported or approved by any of the national or state Pro leagues???
It's the only handicapped event in AUS run by amateur's, and the handicapping is not done by an official handicapper.
The event organisers must go through the correct process for this to be considered a real Pro event.

5 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 am

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
AussiePro wrote:Don't know how this can become an 'essential part of the Aus Pro running calendar' when it's not supported or approved by any of the national or state Pro leagues???
It's the only handicapped event in AUS run by amateur's, and the handicapping is not done by an official handicapper.
The event organisers must go through the correct process for this to be considered a real Pro event.

This is a backwards way of thinking about ProRunning. We have so-called 'real' pro events that are very amateurish.

Furthermore, just because somebody is an official handicapper employed by one of the state pro running bodies, doesn't suddenly make them competent and superior (although we should all be greatly that they put their hand up for the job).

The Bunbury Gift has more financial support than just about every other carnival in Australia, and a handicapper who is arguably the most experienced and respected of any from the past two decades.

6 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am

AussiePro

Should we all go out and start our own Pro events then? And recruit our own handicapper?
How about we all organise, promote, handicap and event run in our own Pro event like Bunbury?
I'm sure the AAC and state pro leagues would be very happy about this Rolling Eyes
DizzyRunner - the name says it all!

7 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Mex

How can we not be excited about another big event? I am sure that there will be a mountain of work to continue this within the pro ranks. Continue to promote Pro running not hit out at it.

8 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 am

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
AussiePro wrote:Should we all go out and start our own Pro events then? And recruit our own handicapper?
How about we all organise, promote, handicap and event run in our own Pro event like Bunbury?!

Yes.
Yes.
And Yes please.

9 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

auspro

Gift entries

Mr Trae Williams 120m Gift 0
Mr Jack Hale 120m Gift 0.75
Mr Aaron Bresland 120m Gift 1.5
Mr Jacob Despard 120m Gift 2.25
Mr Jackson Symonds 120m Gift 4.5
Mr Liam Gander 120m Gift 5
Mr Calvin Borowski 120m Gift 6
Mr Dean Scarff 120m Gift 6
Mr Kian Paget 120m Gift 6.5
Mr Charlie Rigby 120m Gift 6.5
Mr Taylor Sharpe 120m Gift 6.75
Mr Jovan Hubana 120m Gift 7
Mr Adriaan Pelser 120m Gift 7
Mr Tim Eschebach 120m Gift 7.25
Mr Dylan Panizza 120m Gift 7.25
Mr bryce teo 120m Gift 7.25
Mr Michael Cochrane 120m Gift 7.5
Mr Hamish Adams 120m Gift 8
Master Mackenzie Liddelow 120m Gift 8
Mr Ryan Porter-Langson 120m Gift 8
Mr Bailey Reimers 120m Gift 8
Mr Asad Hosseini 120m Gift 8.5
Mr Evan Jarvis 120m Gift 8.5
Mr William Bailey 120m Gift 9
Mr Ryan Camille 120m Gift 9.25
Mr Joshua Jones 120m Gift 9.25
Mr Edward Ware 120m Gift 9.25
Mr Scott Andrews 120m Gift 9.5
Mr Evan Boon 120m Gift 9.5
Mr Brenton Mizen 120m Gift 9.75
Mr Bernard Bolum 120m Gift 10
Mr Nixon Hamlet 120m Gift 10
Master Dylan James 120m Gift 10
Master Dane Luitingh 120m Gift 10
Master Chris Michael 120m Gift 10
Mr Jordann Sampson 120m Gift 10
Mr Sid Shah 120m Gift 10
Mr Luke Shaw 120m Gift 10
Mr Grant Szalek 120m Gift 10
Mr Caleb White 120m Gift 10
Mr Rupert Lugo 120m Gift 10.25
Mr Adam Moore 120m Gift 10.25
Mr Duncan Bradbury 120m Gift 10.75
Master Lincoln Taylor 120m Gift 11
Mr Michael Tomic 120m Gift 11
Dr Simon Crichton 120m Gift 12
Mr Gary Ferguson 120m Gift 12
Mr Adam HALL 120m Gift 12
Mr Jeremy Hill 120m Gift 12
Mr Matthew Konsolis 120m Gift 12
Mr shahir naga 120m Gift 12
Mr Liam O'Connell 120m Gift 12
Mr David Phillips 120m Gift 12
Mr Glenn Ross 120m Gift 12

10 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Baltimore Jack

Tell me these are not the actual marks?
Despard's mark after winning St Albans was 2.75. Under VAL rules he gets a minimum 1meter penalty.
Either Despard is effectively back only 0.50 for winning the Stawell Gift or the $5000 Gift he won at St Albans was non-penalty.
Despard's mark at Stawell was 4.5 ONLY because he won a bonus race. seems the bonus carried over to the Bunbury marks. ??????
Those beaten by JD where he had 3.75 at St Albans have been stitched up.
Despard's mark should be no more than 1.0. That's the going rate for $40k.

11 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

auspro

I think you will find the VAL rules don't apply over here but I agree despard is well placed

12 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Baltimore Jack

It's not a matter of just the VAL rules. Ignore them if you want.
St Albans and the Stawell Gift are huge wins in pro running and the penalties should be appropriate no matter where you go.

13 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Justin Case

Have to agree with BJ. Just take a look at Hamish Adams for comparision.
Despard 12.121 off 4.5 in final (results sheet says he ran off 4.25 in final, must be a mistake)
Adams 12.212 off 9.5

Despard goes back 2.25 after pocketing $40k
Adams goes back 1.5 after pocketing $7k

On Stawell times Despard will beat Adams again. Doesn't seem right for $33k difference.

Are the handicaps for other events out?

14 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Mushroom

Not sure why you are looking at other Pro results, this race has nothing to do with Stawell & Prizemoney has nothing to do with the VAL has nothing to do with how the current Pro running is handicapped or penalised.

It is a standalone meet run by a completely independent organisation, so any comparisons of this nature are totally irrelevant.

15 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Being a stand alone event, with the handicapper not being bound by 'guidelines', it looks to me like he has tried to handicap it so that every runner has a chance to win it. If you're traveling that far to run you want an equal chance to take home the win. Looks well handicapped to me and the runner who has kept in shape after Stawell, etc will be the one who comes out on top.

16 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Cheers Phantom, Mushroom (and Dizzy from other thread). That was my mandate and that was exactly what I've tried to do.

17 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

Trackstar

Agree with Phantom the race is well handicapped based on best results. BUT BUT BUT.....Not to take into account the prizemoney for his win in the richest professional footrace on the planet goes against the principles of the sport.
If you got 10 decent, experienced, independent handicappers together, 9 of them would have handicapped him on his Stawell Gift win and put him on a mark of around 1 to 1.5. ONE handicapper would put him on 2.25. Jacob got very lucky when they made MOB handicapper
Good luck to him. I think he wins another major race.

18 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
He's a chance trackstar, but so are plenty of others. He has good athletes ahead of him and Williams, Hale and Bresland right on his hammer. Best on the day wins.

19 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Trackstar

I will be surprised if Aaron Bresland bothers.
I don't think Bresland would match Despard level over 120 on grass, let along give him start. Despard is being under-estimated in this. He has the backies covered.

20 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52 pm

auspro

Hale ran a very impressive relay leg. Last week. Might be back to his best again.

21 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Mushroom

Trackstar I am sorry I have to disagree with what YOU consider the Principle of our sport to be.

The Principle of Handicapped Running is to try and have every runner cross the line together if at there best, obviously this is not always the case because some are in better shape than others.

I think the other 9 you are referring to would be using your principle in which case they would be wrong.

Again this is not a VAL Event and I am sure Bunbury on this occasion could not care less who won the Stawell Gift. This is there event and done there way, it is a one off event where everyone is being given an equal chance.

22 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:27 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
I don't think someone's opinion can be deemed wrong, especially when it's such flawed logic that is being used to refute it.

If Mushroom's view was the case, then no penalties would ever be given for anything. All races would be handicapped totally differently for every event and athletes would find themselves up or down the handicapping spectrum depending on the field and what they ran in the previous meet.

It appears to me, (and here I do agree with Mushroom) Bunbury is being handicapped as a 'once off' event where previous wins are irrelevant because there will be no future Bunbury Gifts.

I don't agree with the approach but it is what it is.

23 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:10 pm

blues87

youngy wrote:
It appears to me, (and here I do agree with Mushroom) Bunbury is being handicapped as a 'once off' event where previous wins are irrelevant because there will be no future Bunbury Gifts.

That will be news to the organisers, who I believe are already planning next years event and are working to an initial 3-5 year plan.

24 Re: Bunbury Gift entries close 9th of April on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
blues87 wrote:
youngy wrote:

That will be news to the organisers, who I believe are already planning next years event and are working to an initial 3-5 year plan.

Hence, the reason I raised it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum