PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT

WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm

justheshot

My Handicap suggestions to stage a great race

Although the Bunbury Gift is up against it date wise - 2 weeks after the Com Games & well into winter season sports domain - it has attracted a relatively high number of quality runners

This is perhaps more noted in the men but considering we only have 29 Women entries & 5 Heats - Bunbury still has 10 girls under what I would allocate 5.50m or less - so we should have 2 sub 5.50m runners each heat

I am in a fair position to approximate handicaps as 9 current or recent Curtin girls are entered - we will prob see about 10 Novice runners & have another 10 with good identified form

I split runners into the following

ThanksWomen Bunbury Gift

Open Female 120m Gift

CURTIN. My H/C
Amy Tolcon. 4.00
Very talented 2nd at last yrs U20 100 in 11.82
Coming off injury & may not be ready

Kiara Reddingius. 4.50
Very good form in Vic, winning Parkdale & fastest Ht runner on Stawell Sat before missing in Semi - hasn't broken 12-100 or 24-200 but her sheer strength comes into races with strong Head Winds & soft tracks

Carryne Teo. 10.0
Limit runner at Stawell a few times better at 70

Virginia Stasyszn. 10.00
Surprisingly pulled to 8.50m at Stawell a 12.80 & 25.60 runner who goes well off near limit marks

Emily Parker. 11.00
New 13.40 runner needs limit - prob gets Novice

WAS CURTIN
Julia Phillips. 3.50
Quickly developed to National level with me winning Kielor & Queenbeyan before running 11.78 to beat Jess Perris & 24.00 to win the State 200 Champs last year - a local Bunbury girl Julia has her eyes on a Win here since the, event was 1st announced 2 years ago - my prediction is she was,I'll be as ready as she can humanly get herself

Emily Longo. 4.50
Ex Jimmy Miller trained girl who was putting out some sub 12sec runs with a pb of 11.85 - before being slowed by an Achilles - has had time enough for a full Rehab

Kobi Nichols. 5.50
Won a Bay Sheff & has run consistently at a high level - particularly in Relays - very talented but maybe doesn't have the level of self belief to win a big race off a good runners mark - a sad loss to my squad after setting pb levels in Long 4x100 & 4x400 (54.62 auto on 1st Leg)

Rheinne Eifler. 9.00
Club level runner who has run often enough to get a fair mark but will prob get Novice

NATIONAL LEVEL RUNNERS
Riley Day. 1.00
As good as this girl is - she still deserves 1m as she hasn't run the low 11 a scratch runner should have - but she could easilly win off 1m

Sophie White 3.00
Huge talent - multiple National Age Champion and has the scope to be a great Gift runner - solid at 60m fast at 100 but elite at Hurdles & 200 indicating her strength late in a Gift - look for her flying late even if passed mid race

Eliza Wilson 5.50
Strong Beach Sprinter who was right up with the best at last year's National 100m Champs - so with her power could be a chance I'd Head Winds prevail

Emily Dixon. 5.50p
Consistent National class runner who looked great in the 4x100 at Nationals - a definite chance off this sort of mark

Alana Yukich. 5.50
Another strong 400 runner who has a low 12 100 pb - the quarter runners often do relatively better when 3 runs are required

Brittany Brymer 6.00
Has won some big gifts in WA & interstate - always rated her as similar to Kiara so could be a big danger off 6m & the Beach runners often shine in Pro Running

Joanne Standard. 6.00
Good State level Sprinter Hurdler who could surprise if given Novice

Lyndsay Troode. 6.00
Very strong runner - not noted at 100m but her mother set the WA record in the 1982 Com Games - so the genetics are there - ran a huge flying 53.8 Relay leg at Nationals & will handle 3 Rounds on a slow grass track into a Head Wind

Unsure of real form for the 10 girls listed below

Cassandra Anderson
Megan Davis
Brittany Houghton
Tiana Merritt
Sydney Rafferty
Katherine Sparrow
Imogen Spencer
Kaleigh Spithoven
Jane Sockley
Summer Walters
Taylor Watson
Sophie Watts

Will do Men Later

2 Re: WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 am

Runforit

Sorry, but WTF? Why exactly are you attempting to do the handicappers job for him?

3 Re: WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:00 am

justheshot

Just my opinion on H caps
Confident the H Caps will be well off mine

With so many WA runners with virtually no form in Pros there should be a lot of Novice marks handed out

Certainly one of my young runners - Jeremy Hill - has about 25 Pro Runs & got 6m for the Stawell Gift - this despite having a PB of just 12 sec

Perth is the most isolated 1mill+ city in the world & Pro Running is still frowned upon by the predominant Amateur running population

WCAL meets attract about 30-45 runners with Men & Women combined

Bunbury has about 80 entries with about half of those regular Pro runners

To make things trickier - WCAL are not staging this Gift - the Amateurs have the event & have recruited a Victorian Handicapper

All my athletes got pulled 1 to 1.5m from their previous Stawell or Bay Sheffield race

I'm guessing we will get more of the same in a Gift being run in WA - so figured it would be interesting to set marks as per my runners real form & see how much we get stiffed again

All the best

4 Re: WOMENS BUNBURY GIFT on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am

HarryWho

any indications on when handicaps will be released?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum