PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kensington (SAAL) Handicaps - Sunday 25th November 2018
Yesterday at 4:38 pm by Admin

» VRTA 200m Open
Yesterday at 11:13 am by GLPR

» Under Age eligibility in SA - Interstate athletes take note
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:15 pm by howeey

» Hastings Results
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:58 pm by SANCHEZ

» Hastings Men's Gift 120m
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 pm by Mex

» Hastings Women's Gift 120m
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 pm by Mex

» 9th Annual NOOSA GIFT 2018
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm by Admin

» Noosa Gift Entry's Close this coming Monday 19th Nov
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:49 pm by NoosaGift

» Bowker Street Gift (SAAL) - Sunday 18th Nov 2018 HANDICAPS
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm by racingmania

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stawell lift

Stawell lift

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stawell lift on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Mex

STAWELL 'LIFT' - 800M & 550M

The VAL will apply a handicap lift for the Stawell 800m Open and 550m Open to the athletes winning handicap for those distances/categories during the 2018-19 season.

800m Open:

Lifts for Stawell to be a minimum of 5m and up to a maximum of 10m.
To be eligible, interstate athletes must have competed in Victoria in the previous 2 seasons, or have initial handicap of novice or less.
Winning athletes cannot go past their ceiling handicap and cannot break net time.
Athletes that are allocated a UP (Unacceptable Performance) during the season may not automatically qualify for the lift in the Stawell Gift. This will be at the stewards discretion.
Every first time novice entry must have at least one run off the novice handicap or less.
Athletes that win a Group 1 or Classic race after obtaining the Stawell Lift become ineligible for the lift.
A second win over the 800m distance will deem the athlete ineligible for the lift.
550m Open:

Lifts for Stawell to be a minimum of 5m and up to a maximum of 10m.
Winning athletes cannot go past their ceiling handicap and cannot break net time.
Athletes that are allocated a UP (Unacceptable Performance) during the season may not automatically qualify for the lift in the Stawell Gift. This will be at the stewards discretion.
Every first time novice entry must have at least one run off the novice handicap or less.
Athletes that win a Group 1 or Classic race after obtaining the Stawell Lift become ineligible for the lift.
A second win over the 550m distance will deem the athlete ineligible for the lift.
800M OPEN

Hastings
Terang
Waverley
Marysville
Maryborough
Castlemaine
Daylesford
Rye
St Albans
Wangaratta
Parkdale
Ballarat

Keilor
Bendigo

550m Open:

Meadowglen
Warrnambool
Geelong
Euora

2 Re: Stawell lift on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Mex

STAWELL 'LIFT' - OPEN & WOMEN'S GIFT'S
The VAL will apply a handicap lift for Open Stawell Gift and Women's Stawell Gift to the athletes winning handicap for the below races.

The athlete must not break net time in the win.
A second win over the 100/120m distance will deem the athlete ineligible for the lift.
The lift will be added to the athletes winning handicap for the Stawell Gift races only. Standard penalties apply for all other races.
In receiving this lift, athletes will not be handicapped to a mark that places them beyond their ceiling handicap. More information on ceiling times can be found within the Handicap Regulations.
To be eligible for the lift, the athlete must not break the distance ceiling time in the win.
A handicap lift that places the athlete under the ceiling target time will not be applied.
An athlete will not receive a handicap that exceeds 2m from their season start mark.
New Interstate male athletes must have competed at least once in Victoria from the novice handicap or less to be eligible for this lift.
Interstate female athletes must have competed in a VAL event within the past 2 seasons or have an initial handicap of the novice mark or less.
An win in an Open 100/120m race by a female excludes her from any lift in the Stawell Women's Gift.
More information on ceiling and target times can be found in the VAL Handicapping Regulations.

120m Open Stawell Gift lifts:

Hastings 120m Men's: 1m
Meadowglen: N/A
Warrnambool 120m Men's: 1m
Terang 120m Men's: 1m
Waverley 100m Men's: 1m
Marysville 100m Open: 1m
Maryborough: N/A
Castlemaine 120m Open: 0.75m
Daylesford 100m Open: 0.75m
Rye 120m Men's: 0.75m
Frankston: N/A
St Albans 120m Open: 0.75m
Wangaratta 120m Open: 0.5m
Maribyrnong 100m Open: 0.5m
Parkdale 120m Men's: 0.5m
Ballarat 120m Men's: 0.5m
Keilor 120m Open: 0.5m
Geelong 100m Men's: 0.5m
Doncaster 100m Men's: 0.5m
Bendigo 120m Men's: 0.5m
Euroa 120m Open: 0.5m

120m Women's Stawell Gift lifts:

Hastings 120m Women's: 1m
Meadowglen 100m Women's: 1m
Warrnambool 120m Women's: 1m
Terang 120m Women's: 1m
Waverley 100m Women's: 1m
Marysville 100m Women's: 1m
M'borough 120m Women's: 0.75m
Castlemaine 120m Women's: 0.75m
Daylesford 100m Women's: 0.75m
Rye 120m Women's: 0.75m
Frankston: N/A
St Albans 120m Women's: 0.75m
Wangaratta: 120m Women's: 0.5m
Maribyrnong 120m Women's: 0.5m
Parkdale 120m Women's: 0.5m
Ballarat 120m Women's: 0.5m
Keilor 120m Women's: 0.5m
Geelong 120m Women's: 0.5m
Doncaster 120m Women's: 0.5m
Bendigo 120m Women's: 0.5m
Euroa 120m Women's: 0.5m

3 Re: Stawell lift on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Mex

The Stawell lift system is a mainstay of the Pro Running scene now. I welcome the addition of a lift for female athletes as we move to a generation of greater equality. I am not sure about the lift for large gifts though. There used to be a time where you would set yourself for a major gift knowing that there was probably a back up option somewhere along the lines later. If you choose to take out a big race then I am not sure that you should receive a lift for Stawell. This is the world we live in though.
I do like the interest it has created though and I for one am looking forward to the first race of the season and a tip or two.

4 Re: Stawell lift on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin

I can't see the logic in offering the same lift for winning Keilor or Ballarat as Doncaster/Geelong. They are poles apart in terms of money & prestige. Geelong or Doncaster is not in the same hemisphere as Keilor or Ballarat.

I think the VAL should have just declared Keilor & Ballarat non-penalty for Stawell. No guaranteed lift.

But on the hand...…….I will concede the stakes for Ballarat or Keilor just went way, way, up!   A lot harder to win now.

5 Re: Stawell lift on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Mex

youngy wrote:
I can't see the logic in offering the same lift for winning Keilor or Ballarat as Doncaster/Geelong. They are poles apart in terms of money & prestige. Geelong or Doncaster is not in the same hemisphere as Keilor or Ballarat.

I think the VAL should have just declared Keilor & Ballarat non-penalty for Stawell. No guaranteed lift.

But on the hand...…….I will concede the stakes for Ballarat or Keilor just went way, way, up!   A lot harder to win now.

Or make the larger gifts worth only a quarter bonus. Small incentive compared to the other smaller races.

Maryborough now seems the odd one out. Perhaps there should be a quarter for it? The field has got smaller over the years and either holding your mark for Stawell or a small incentive may be needed in today's climate.

6 Re: Stawell lift on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:37 pm

auspro

Mex wrote:
youngy wrote:

Or make the larger gifts worth only a quarter bonus. Small incentive compared to the other smaller races.

Maryborough now seems the odd one out. Perhaps there should be a quarter for it? The field has got smaller over the years and either holding your mark for Stawell or a small incentive may be needed in today's climate.

not particularly.
"The athlete must not break net time in the win"
bigger gifts generally won in under net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum