PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kensington (SAAL) Handicaps - Sunday 25th November 2018
Yesterday at 4:38 pm by Admin

» VRTA 200m Open
Yesterday at 11:13 am by GLPR

» Under Age eligibility in SA - Interstate athletes take note
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:15 pm by howeey

» Hastings Results
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:58 pm by SANCHEZ

» Hastings Men's Gift 120m
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 pm by Mex

» Hastings Women's Gift 120m
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 pm by Mex

» 9th Annual NOOSA GIFT 2018
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm by Admin

» Noosa Gift Entry's Close this coming Monday 19th Nov
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:49 pm by NoosaGift

» Bowker Street Gift (SAAL) - Sunday 18th Nov 2018 HANDICAPS
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm by racingmania

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » YGTS & Flinders Stat that is hard to believe!!!

YGTS & Flinders Stat that is hard to believe!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
As people know I like my stats. Very Happy

Yesterday John Evans won the 200m at Flinders in an exciting race & finish, just edging out the WASPs pair of Lachlan Sheffield & Calum Scrivens.

It was the third occasion YGTS has produced the winner of the 200m at Flinders.

This is 'ridgey didge', I'm not making this up. The synergy between the three years is remarkable.  

2001 Leon Burckhardt (12m) 21.14sec
2008 Robbie James (12m) 21.24sec
2018 John Evans (12m) 21.34sec

Not only did they have the same marks, the official winning times went 21 point - 14, 24, 34.
AND the years are 1, 8, 18.

Un-fricken-believable!

lsheffield

you have too much spare time youngy

youngy

Admin
Admin
lsheffield wrote:you have too much spare time youngy

I think it was interesting enough to post and probably appeals more to those who have been around a while.

lsheffield

so when are you next due? and will there be bookies on course

2cents

Interesting Stat indeed Youngy- and not only too much spare time but a very handy memory it appears

youngy

Admin
Admin
2cents wrote:Interesting Stat indeed Youngy- and not only too much spare time but a very handy memory it appears

I appreciate it's not everyone's 'cup of tea'.

I like looking into the history of pro-running and finding interesting & fascinating pieces of information.

And I think it's important to keep details of the stable's results.

For instance yesterday was the seventh time, YGTS has produced the winner of the Open 70m at Flinders. That's a fair few wins of the same race, however it probably pales compared to others such as the late Toby Schreier who trained a prolific number of middle distance winners at the Bay including several elite mile winners.

I know the late Keith Patching, a Bay Sheffield Hall of Fame coach, trained at least 10 winners of the old Cousin Jack Gift which was held from 1964 to the mid 2000's.

Giddyup

Love the stats PY. What happened to McMillan in the women's 200 final losing nearly 2.5 seconds?

youngy

Admin
Admin
Giddyup wrote:Love the stats PY. What happened to McMillan in the women's 200 final losing nearly 2.5 seconds?

Jordan was very tired after about 8 races. Plus she ran the day before over 60m & 200m as well. Understandable she would struggle in the last one. A lot of races will do that.

Giddyup

That old Chestnut. Makes it hard for stewards & handicappers then to factor all of that in!!??

youngy

Admin
Admin
Giddyup wrote:That old Chestnut. Makes it hard for stewards & handicappers then to factor all of that in!!??

I find Jordan McMillan one of the easier to handicap - her form is well exposed.

She ran at the All Schools and was out again on Saturday then backed up on Sunday. One tired run in 10 doesn't worry us.

Giddyup

What a star hey. She's been touted as a potential Olympian in 2020 so fingers crossed she goes well!

Giddyup

Is she the best prospect in SA PY? Would be top 3 with Farmer & Murphy?

youngy

Admin
Admin
Sorry Giddyup,

I'd prefer not to speculate on who's best or has the most potential.  

I will say, in my time in Adelaide I can't recall a group of Under 16/18yo girls with the depth of talent we have at the moment.

If they all turn up in best shape in December, it will be a very exciting Under 18's 120m race at the Bay Sheffield.

Giddyup

On paper it looks good however haven't seen Murphy yet & would assume Farmer won't be running juniors after winning the women's last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum