PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bay Sheffield Carnival - HANDICAPS for senior events
Today at 5:01 pm by Admin

» 2018 Bay Sheffield - U/18 & U/14 HANDICAPS
Today at 4:09 pm by Admin

» Marysville Results
Today at 3:05 pm by vicoutsider

» Marysville Gift
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm by Mex

» Keith Patching Sprint Poll
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 pm by Trackstar

» Brighton Athletic Carnival (SAAL) Handicaps - Sunday 16th dec 2018
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm by Admin

» Womens Gifts
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 pm by Mex

» Waverley Results
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm by JH

» Waverley Gift
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm by Mex

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bay Sheffield Entries down - Get the entries ASAP!

Bay Sheffield Entries down - Get the entries ASAP!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Not sure why, but the Bay Sheffield entries are well down on previous years.

Currently less than 70 entered for the Open Bay Sheffield. Sasha Zhoya is in the field.

The Women's Bay Sheffield is not too bad with 56 so far. Maddie Coates appears to be the likely backmarker.

SO if you haven't entered as yet - might be the year to get among the action!

Last minute entries are being processed so get an entry in now.

http://protrack.forumotion.com

geton

Always good to see the defending champs back to defend their title! Has Farmer entered do we know?

Admin

Admin
Admin
geton wrote:Always good to see the defending champs back to defend their title! Has Farmer entered do we know?

I've only seen the list up to Friday, and Molly Farmer's name was not on the Women's Bay Sheffield list.

By the way I've just got the lists for the purposes of the form guide(s).  

Giddyup

You're right geton it is great when they defend their title, however, from talk around the place the bad blood between some officials and her coach suggests they'll ensure she isn't competitive anyway. This includes the U18's!

Admin

Admin
Admin
Giddyup wrote:You're right geton it is great when they defend their title, however, from talk around the place the bad blood between some officials and her coach suggests they'll ensure she isn't competitive anyway. This includes the U18's!

Really Giddyup is this what you want? A bun fight on Protrack? Accusing us of making Molly Farmer uncompetitive because of some perceived bias?

What an appalling insinuation. Sorry, not everyone shares your vindictive and malicious traits.

I've moved on and have no issues at all with Molly Farmer.

Anyway, Molly will be handicapped on her best results. The fact is, she has taken more money out of the sport than the combined winnings of every other Under 18 in the sport. The number of sashes she won in the Under 18's, on my watch, is the most of any junior athlete. At some stage, that record of success takes it toll. For instance there are about 50 under age girls in the sport, many without a sash yet. The idea is to share them around. If you've won a bucket load of the chocolates so far, it's pretty hard to justify to the other kids why you should rocket back up to the top of the food chain.  

Basically, if she is uncompetitive it's because she won't be in the shape she was at the Bay Sheffield last year. And that's her coach's responsibility, not the handicapper's.

SANCHEZ

Honestly I don’t think you guys do yourselves any favours by closing entries so early. Why the need to cut them off a month out? With online entries these days that 6 week out cut off is from a bygone era.

Admin

Admin
Admin
SANCHEZ wrote:Honestly I don’t think you guys do yourselves any favours by closing entries so early. Why the need to cut them off a month out? With online entries these days that 6 week out cut off is from a bygone era.

I don't disagree with you Sanchez. And the SAAL does keep the entries open for a few more days. But 1 month is reasonable if you knew how much work is involved.

The Bay Sheffield is a massive 3-day meeting. The work involved is 10 fold compared to other SA carnivals. The entries have to be finalised much earlier than normal because of the sheer size of the program.

It's South Australia's Stawell Gift. And like the VAL, we have to close it off earlier than the normal closing time for other carnivals. Stawell entries close on 13th March, 38 days before Easter (20-22 April 2019).

If you want to put an entry, contact the SAAL, we'd love to see you here Sanchez.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum