PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bay Sheffield Carnival - HANDICAPS for senior events
Today at 5:01 pm by Admin

» 2018 Bay Sheffield - U/18 & U/14 HANDICAPS
Today at 4:09 pm by Admin

» Marysville Results
Today at 3:05 pm by vicoutsider

» Marysville Gift
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm by Mex

» Keith Patching Sprint Poll
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 pm by Trackstar

» Brighton Athletic Carnival (SAAL) Handicaps - Sunday 16th dec 2018
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:31 pm by Admin

» Womens Gifts
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 pm by Mex

» Waverley Results
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm by JH

» Waverley Gift
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm by Mex

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » Polls » Waverley Gift

Waverley Gift

Who wins the 100m?

1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 15 ]
7% 7% [ 11 ]
2% 2% [ 3 ]
4% 4% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 2 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
4% 4% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 3 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 2 ]
3% 3% [ 5 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 2 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
17% 17% [ 28 ]
16% 16% [ 27 ]
2% 2% [ 4 ]
4% 4% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 3 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 24 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 168

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Waverley Gift on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Mex

Not many of the regular runners would understand why Waverley has been up until this year the Northcote Gift. I think it was a good decision to make the change, the history of this meet will not be dampened by the change. There have been a number of great performances to win the open and then Men's gift. I think we will see another instalment this weekend. Looking at the entry list shows exactly why I have loved this sport for as long as I have. The quality backmarker vs athletes on large marks. 17m between our back marker and front marker. I have been in both situations where you get to chase an outmarker and then as a frontmarker trying to hang on. Both have their challenges but running to the best of your ability is the key. I have enjoyed this event for a long time and am eagerly awaiting the results this weekend. Who do you like?

2 Re: Waverley Gift on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Bang bang

R.Lugo
Bajwa
Baker

3 Re: Waverley Gift on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:59 pm

GLPR

rizzo
carter
matthews
burleigh
lugo
punchihewa

winner: lugo

4 Re: Waverley Gift on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

YETI

Red: Rizzo
White: McNamara
Blue: Dooley
Yellow: Rooke
Green: Burleigh
Pink: Lugo

Winner: Rizzo

5 Re: Waverley Gift on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Mex

I always look forward to this gift. There have been some quality athletes take home the sash and I think we will get another one tomorrow.

Riali 2.25m 9% - When Riali won Northcote in his first year I wondered how good he could have been running off a big mark at Stawell. He quite possibly could have had 7m or more but ended up much further back than thaty due to his wins. I felt that he was mismanaged at the time. Fast forward and he has become a quality back marker but I feel that the Stawell gift may have got away from him. If he wins tomorrow he will have a good chance at another final come Easter time but he will have his work cut out for him to win off a very tight mark, although with a late Easter the track may be soft and slow so you never know. I think that will be firmly in his mind. I have him in the final myself and steaming home.

Rizzo 2.25m 7% - Rizzo is also a quality athlete. He covers the ground effortlessly and is good to watch. When he is up and firing he is also very hard to beat. Being of levels with Riali will be a great spectacle in the final should they both make it. Who starts the best? Who holds their form? Who wants the win and the metre more. I have Rizzo in the final as well.

Bailey 8m / Burleigh 8m 17% - If we were to split the voting in half for each of these athletes we could mount an argument for each. Bailey is hot and cold. Has he had enough preseasons under Ireland to become a serious threat? When I was running off the back marks I did not like looking up and seeing a guy who could turn it on out in front of me. Bailey may not be in the shape required to win tomorrow. His time will come. Burleigh showed form at Terang making the final. It just depends on how you see the Terang final as a form guide. The times were slow compared to what we would expect from someone who is a serious challenger. Another of Ireland's athletes, Burleigh will need to have improved from last season to win here. I have Bailey in the semi and Burleigh possibly in the final.

Greenough 8m / Lugo 8m 16% - Having been around for a while I like to see when athletes make their way back to some decent form. Greenough shocked me when he made his first Stawell final, not that he was capable of making it but when he did. Two finals later and he has been missing from the sprint track. Should Greenough be back to his best he would be a nightmare out in front. Given his age we will unlikely see his very best again but how good is he still? Semi at best. Lugo off 8m will be a good bet. He has shown plenty of form for a number of years and still managed to sneak his way out to a healthy mark. He has quick leg turnover and I think he is probably better suited to the 100m distance the the sheffield. Having him on a limit at Stawell would be very interesting though. I have Lugo going very close and probably standing atop the podium by the end of the day.

Howard 11.75m / Rosen 11.75m 14% - Howard has improved his starting but is still better suited to the quarter. If he can improve a little more, his mark will sneak out and he will pick off a smaller gift at some stage but I do not think it will be this year. Rosen is the guy that everyone wants to beat but also the guy that everyone wants in their heat or semi because you know that he will be going well and that if you can get over the top of him you are a chance in the final. If you ask him what his thoughts are on any topic he will have a very considered response such is his knowledge for the sport. I could see him becoming the handicapper such is his knowledge. Can Rosen win? Not this week but he will be in the final.

Good luck

6 Re: Waverley Gift on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Mex

Sometimes we just have to admit that we got it wrong. Well done Sheffield, not totally out of the blue but not the result I was expecting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum