PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SAAL - First meet in four weeks at Sacred Heart (now 2 weeks)
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 3:15 pm by Downesy

» VRTA Date change
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 11:55 am by Ribera

» 10th Anniversary Noosa Gift Announced
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:22 am by NoosaGift

» Vale - Barry McLeod
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 4:02 pm by mwebster

» Warrnambool Gift
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 12:28 pm by DDog

» 550m races
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 12:10 pm by Downesy

» Teen Ellie Beer youngest ever to represent Australia as athletics team turns to youth for Doha world championships
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm by Admin

» VRTA Award winners
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am by Todd Ireland

» Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far?
Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am by Ribera

October 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money

Fastest runners at BALLARAT will get prize money

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
The BALLARAT athletic club will introduce a prize for the fastest runner in both the Men’s and Women’s Gift this year.

The fastest performance in the Gifts will get $500 dollars ....taking the total prize money in the Gifts to $8,100 each.

Quest appartments the BAC accomodation partner will sponsor the fastest performance.

It will be calculated on the fastest rpm in the Gifts.

The BAC will also be holding the Richest Masters race in the the Country with $2000 up for grabs in the Masters 300m. Masters athletes will be well catered for at BALLARAT with a 300m masters a 120m masters and a front markers open 400 m with a large limit to accomodate masters runners.

Juniors and Female athletes will also be well catered for at BALLARAT refer to VAL website for events. There also are quality Men’s and Women’s 400m races.

Coaches will also receive prize money our way of rewarding coaches and encouraging coaches to run their athletes in the VAL and at Ballarat.

So both the fastest performance and the best handicapped performance will be rewarded at Ballarat. Maters runners will compete for the Richest prize pool in the Country and Juniors and Ladies will also have quality races and prize money to run for, on one of the best grass surfaces in professional running on an Olympic dimension 400m track.

The BALLARAT athletic club trying its hardest to deliver a quality meeting for the VAL and the runners and introducing new concepts .....your feedback and new ideas are welcomed.

Ballarat Gift entries close soon so get your entries in.

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Ballarat also a fantastic Little athletics and junior programme - the Victorian Dash for Cash..... with over 200 athletes already entered. All juniors are most welcome to enter please go to the Balllart Athletics club website for entry forms.

FortySevenThirty

What is the logic behind throwing $500 at the fastest male and female Fast ?

Dixie Normus

I suppose it encourages the backmarkers to race as they are most likely to win the money, which should make for some better racing.

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Yes exactly to encourage quality athletes to run in the VAL, a concept we have wanted to introduce for some time. Not dissimilar to the Sydney to Hobart yacht race were they award line honours and a handicap prize.

FortySevenThirty

Ok fair enough Fast. Interesting concept and may be enough to attract some quality runners. Hope it works

youngy

youngy
Admin
Admin
Pretty sure something was similar was offered at Stawell back in the 1970's for a year or two.

In the absence of a backmarker's invitation - it's a pretty good incentive for guys like Rizzo & Despard who ran 10.49 and 10.43 respectively last Friday.

Will it be based on wind adjusted times?

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
U18 Personal Improvement Bonus - In line with The Ballarat Gift support for junior athletes as the future of our sport, another groundbreaking bonus prize will be up for grabs this year. The U18 Personal Improvement Bonus. The U18 120m athlete who has improved the most (within tolerance) from their last U18 VAL 120m race will receive cash and goods to the value of $500 and be crowned the most improved U18 sprinter of the day. Hopefully this will be the start of an incentive for more juniors to consider joining the VAL.

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
youngy wrote:Pretty sure something was similar was offered at Stawell back in the 1970's for a year or two.

In the absence of a backmarker's invitation - it's a pretty good incentive for guys like Rizzo & Despard who ran 10.49 and 10.43 respectively last Friday.

Will it be based on wind adjusted times?

Youngy we were thinking, at this stage, to use Raw times due to the inaccuracy of the wiind adjusted times. What are your thoughts.

youngy

youngy
Admin
Admin
Firstly the trophy at Stawell I was thinking of was the Bob McGregor sash (or trophy) for the athlete who won a heat by the biggest margin inside even time. It was sponsored by a Mr R McGregor from Perth WA.

According to one of my Stawell books it was first awarded in 1971 and it seems it ran until 1977.

According to the book it was won by Treva McGregor in 1976 and Warren Edmondson in 1977. I assume it was won by Ravelomantansoa in 1975 given he won the Gift off scratch.

I guess the introduction of the CUB invitation backmarkers in 1978 made the trophy obsolete.

In terms of wind or raw times, I don't have an opinion either way. I'm not sure it would change the result if it was wind assisted or not. Generally the fastest athlete would be fairly obvious regardless. If I had a choice though, I'd go with the raw time.

Terrific innovation and hats off to Ballarat for coming up with something that adds another layer of interest to the Gift.

youngy

youngy
Admin
Admin
Looking at the Stawell Gift heat winners from 1971 to 1977, the Bob McGregor trophy was probably won by the following:

1971 George McNeill (Won heat in 12.3s off 1yd)
1972 Treva McGregor (12.1s off 2.25yds)
1973 George McNeill (12.2s off 2.50m)
1974 Treva McGregor (12.2 off 3.50m) or maybe Warren Edmondson who ran 12.4s off 1.75m?
1975 Jean Louis Ravelomantansoa (12.0s off Scr)
1976 Treva McGregor (12.3s off 2.50m)
1977 Warren Edmondson (12.2s off 1.25m)

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Ballarat Entries close today.

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Thanks to all who the supported the Ballarat Gift and especially those that helped out, a huge amount of work went into the weekend and it is very much appreciated.

We are quite exicted about what can be next year, including boosting the fastest athlete concept and rewarding the best athletes for competing at Ballarat and in the VAL - we hope to split the prize money in half and spread it deep so that the fastest 24 athletes will receive prize money just as the best 24 handicapped athletes will. And following the success of the masters and junior events grow those offerings

Mex

Mex
Great to see so many of the running fraternity support one of the major sponsors on Saturday night with 80 odd people in attendance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum