PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Terry McAuliffe
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 pm by John LeRay

» Stawell washup
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:11 am by AussiePro

» Targetted disqualification at Stawell
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptySat May 11, 2019 5:50 pm by Fast

» Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far?
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyThu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm by up-and-comer

» Stawell results
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 12:19 pm by JH

» Stawell Gift Final
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:36 pm by thecrimsonflash

» Women's Stawell Gift Final
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 3:58 pm by outtopasture

» Mex Missing???
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 4:38 pm by timrosen35

» Adidas Adizero Avanti Boost Running Spikes for sale.
Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 8:45 am by Downesy

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far?

Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? Empty Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 pm

Mex

Mex
We are now close to half way through our season so why not take a look at the voted VRTA awards? After a quick think I would give the awards to one of the following;

Male Performance of the Year

Matt Rizzo - Maryborough Gift final off 2.75m. Ran a close second
Luke Stevens - Maryborough 200m winner off 5m. Won in as comfortable run as I have seen a 200m since Brown was gifted the win with the wrong mark.

Female Performance of the Year
Kiara Reddinghuis - Hastings Women's Gift Final off scratch. Anytime you make a gift final off scratch it is special.
Maddie Coates - Bay Sheffield Final off scratch. Making the second best gift race off scratch is something special for everyone to watch. Bigger race than Reddinghuis' was.
Sophia Fighera - Rye Women's 400m 15m. I think we all love to see a backmarker win.

Master’s Performance of the Year
John Hilditch - Daylesford Gift win!
Arron Downes - Castlemaine 800m.

Junior Performance of the Year
Jake Ireland - Junior Bay Sheffield restricted winner off 9m. Impressive 12.49 into a bit of a head wind.

Trainer of the Year
John Hilditch has made a big impression this season with multiple winners including his own gift win. He is full of knowledge and is now getting to share it to a quality group of athletes.
Todd Ireland. Ireland seems to have two runners in most gift finals each week. One of his female athletes broke through for the Terang Women's as well. He keeps finding a way to improve his stable.

Emerging Talent (Novice at the start of the season)
Jake Ireland - see above
Nicholas Antonino - He probable has been on the radar for a little while but should now be recognised as a talent waiting to happen.

Meeting of the Year - Up to and including St Albans
Hastings was good for a first year event.
Maryborough once again showed its class.

I am sure I have missed something. I feel that the 1600m have generally been a little slow this year so it was hard to include them. I personally would like to see the voted awards going to an athlete competing in Vic but you cannot argue with the runs at the Bay this season.

Where do you agree or disagree?

Sprinter101

Nicholas Antonino was not a novice athlete at seasons start

Squirrel801

When was BROWN ever gifted a wrong mark

Squirrel801

When was BROWN ever gifted a wrong mark

El Chapo Guzman

El Chapo Guzman
Richard Brown 2015 Maryborough 200m 20.24 from 22m.

FortySevenThirty

I don’t agree with your Female Performances Mex.
S Fighera ran a quicker RPM then Reddinghaus on the day and actually won the race so that has to be a better performance in my mind. Coates collecting a minor cheque these days is the norm so a distant 5th at Bay is par for the course. Rye 400m was farcical and the less talked about that race the better. Stand out performances for mine and they are all winning performances
S Fighera Hastings 120m
A Loizou Waverley 100m
Z Neale Marysville 100m
E Lane Frankston 70m

I respect your views Mex but don’t agree with them here mate

Mex

Mex
FortySevenThirty wrote:I don’t agree with your Female Performances Mex.
S Fighera ran a quicker RPM then Reddinghaus on the day and actually won the race so that has to be a better performance in my mind. Coates collecting a minor cheque these days is the norm so a distant 5th at Bay is par for the course. Rye 400m was farcical and the less talked about that race the better. Stand out performances for mine and they are all winning performances
S Fighera Hastings 120m
A Loizou Waverley 100m
Z Neale Marysville 100m
E Lane Frankston 70m

I respect your views Mex but don’t agree with them here mate

I like Loizou at Waverley out of those mentioned. Probably slightly ahead of Lane in the 70m. Happy to put them in the mix. I do like to see the back marker in a final off scratch but agree that they may be behind these.

I forgot about Antonino's win. He is still in the emerging talent category but not novice.

The only thing I can say for Richard Brown was that at least he won the race and copped his 7m pull on the chin. Still had the wrong mark and blind Freddy would have known he was going to win.

Probably not the male performance of the year but it was good to see Bros Kelly get another gift win. I have watched him battle injuries since he last won Rye. Well done.

Manikato

I think pre Christmas races are too early to call the best performance. The best action is still to come with athletes getting fitter. Best meet where there is a beer and bookies so much fun well done st Albans and maribyrnong

Mex

Mex
Manikato wrote:I think  pre Christmas races are too early to call the best performance. The best action is still to come with athletes  getting fitter. Best meet where there is a beer and bookies so much fun well done st Albans and maribyrnong  

That is probably why we are saying that it was up to and including St Albans. The general board was a bit quiet. Sorry for creating some discussion around our sport Rolling Eyes

Manikato

How about a discussion on who will make the gift finals at Stawell. on what we have seen so far this season?

Mex

Mex
Updated - Up to and including Ballarat.

Male Performance of the Year

Matt Rizzo - Maryborough Gift final off 2.75m. Ran a close second
Luke Stevens - Maryborough 200m winner off 5m. Won in as comfortable run as I have seen a 200m since Brown was gifted the win with the wrong mark.

Female Performance of the Year
Alexia Loizou - Waverley Women's Gift off 4.25m.

Master’s Performance of the Year
John Hilditch - Daylesford Gift win! Hard to beat, it could almost be the male performance of the year.
Arron Downes - Castlemaine 800m.
Les Williams - Ballarat 400m Front Markers. This was as impressive as any. That was an old athlete showing a youngster how to box on.

Junior Performance of the Year
Jake Ireland - Junior Bay Sheffield restricted winner off 9m. Impressive 12.49 into a bit of a head wind.

Trainer of the Year
John Hilditch has made a big impression this season with multiple winners including his own gift win. He is full of knowledge and is now getting to share it to a quality group of athletes.
Todd Ireland. Ireland seems to have two runners in most gift finals each week. One of his female athletes broke through for the Terang Women's as well. He keeps finding a way to improve his stable.
These two are still the top, I have Ireland in front.

Emerging Talent (Novice at the start of the season)
Jake Ireland - see above

Meeting of the Year
Parkdale - It was a long day but very good.
Ballarat - A very professional weekend with new initiatives.

rainsitpours

Sorry to resurrect an old post but had a thoughts re: trainer of the year.
Adrian Fury has had at least 1 runner in every 300m, 400 and 550m that the stable has entered. Including 1st and 2nd at Wavery, 1st 2nd and 3rd at Marysville, 1st and 3rd at St Albans, 1st and 2nd at Maryborough and I think a total of 5 sashes. Not a bad effort for a small stable. Any thoughts?

Dmac

Kerry McConnon for Trainer of the Year. He likes to fly under the radar but coached the Black Opal and 400 novice winner at Bendigo, as well as the Stawell 550. A few other sashes as well as finals every week by his stable too.

14Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? Empty Re: Who would win the VRTA voted awards so far? on Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm

up-and-comer

Tom Morehouse would have to be up there for trainer of the year.  Multiple gifts over the season with a small squad including:

Dhruv Rodrigues Chico
8 starts -
1st Stawell 120 Open Gift
1st Hastings120 Men’s Gift
1st Frankston 70 Men’s Gift
1st Bendigo 70 Open
2nd Hastings 70 Open
2nd Parkdale 70 Open
2nd Ballarat 70m Open
3rd Waverley 70 Open

Aaron Leferink
4 starts -
1st Rye 120 Open Gift
3rd Ballarat 70m Open
3rd Bendigo 70 Open
SF Stawell 120 Open Gift (2nd)

He also trains a Masters athlete who had a couple of wins in the 120m Masters (Hastings) and 300 Masters (Ringwood) and placed in numerous other 100/120 events and a junior athlete who took out the Parkdale 300 U18 Boys.

A ripper season for Tom with arguable the best return for a small squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum