PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Henley Gift Meet - 11th November 2011 RESULTS & VIDEOS

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Anonymous

Ah yes the old wolfgang is a sneaky man. In all seriousness though big deal Dale got a lift maybe next time you run Alex you will recieve a lift and Dale wont. Question is will he jump on this forum and start questioning the move?

Anonymous

From this point, I will rarely be posting on here in the future because I do not wish to waste my time explaining myself to people like you riddler. I will be happy to discuss these matters with you in person if you are as interested as you seem to be.
My initial post was purely for the purpose of raising a few points regarding the apparent trends of the current handicapping system on behalf of all saal runners. That includes you riddler. If we swapped you're name for mine in that post, I dont think you'd be having a dig at yourself.

Youngy - Does that rule apply in Victoria?

To my understanding riddler, you're a young gun athlete. If I was to consider a change of coach, no matter how incredible the training was at young guns, I dont think I would want to put myself in an environment with that sort of behaviour...

Anonymous

Oh and by the way youngy. Ive noticed that T. Sanderson-mallera is out to 8 meters in the gift. He showed alot of promise winning the 300m u20's at Henlay last friday and is what? 16ish?
Shouldnt that rule apply to every athlete under the age of 21? especially more so to the 16/17 yr olds rather than the 20 year olds?

Anonymous

Horse, thanks for the input to this important issue.

I come from a mis-spent youth where I sat in smokey rooms and played chess for money.

In the chess world, there is a ratings system which is totally transparent - all the formulae are published, all the results are published, anyone can check the arithmetic that determines their rating from their results ...

The chess equivalent of a handicapper (a ratings officer) has an easy job in this world of cheap fast computers - put in the results, run off the new ratings list.

I reckon it is time for pro running to get into the 21st century on this.

Why not the SAAL first?

What do people think about the idea of making handicapping totally transparent?

I reckon there will need to be a system for qualifying results (so that results classified as dodgy do not affect the ratings used to derive handicaps) - this is very messy now as evidenced by recent exchanges between athletes, coaches, officials and the public.

Maybe people could appeal if they are stuck with a dodgy run charge?

There are details to work out, but the sport needs this change, I reckon.

So I am going to start a new topic on this ...

Anonymous

Why would you move anyway Alex, you are achieving so much where you are at the moment! The worst decision you made was leaving Gary Thompson. You haven't been the same athlete since. Maybe there is a trend there?

Anonymous

Because Thompson has heaps
Of athletes training with him at the moment?
And Wolfgang. Funny typo by the rookie made me chuckle.

Anonymous

Riddler crossed the line and if you notice I made several deletions from his original post within moments of him posting. There was no need for some of the nastiness.

I have no idea who 'Riddler' is. I don't know if he is an athlete let alone what squad he is from. All I can say he has chosen to be anonymous. One of many who use an email address that does not identify him. That's his choice and one must respect hat.

So to Riddler, please pull back on some of the personal stuff and show some respect to Alex for at least having the courage to post under his own name.

And to Alex - do not readily assume he is from my squad. There are few on here who like to run with the foxes and sleep with the hounds......., stirring both sides of the pot, so to speak.

Anonymous

Horse wrote:Oh and by the way youngy. Ive noticed that T. Sanderson-mallera is out to 8 meters in the gift. He showed alot of promise winning the 300m u20's at Henlay last friday and is what? 16ish?
Shouldnt that rule apply to every athlete under the age of 21? especially more so to the 16/17 yr olds rather than the 20 year olds?

Fair point and I'm sure he will come into scrutiny as he competes through the season. He is not the only one, there's a few - boys & girls who are getting out in the marks. I reckon Leon would have a tight rein on them.

I do feel though Alex, you spend a lot more time than you perhaps should worrying about things you can't control such as the marks of other athletes.

By your own admission you accept you are not running well and that should be the focus. Control the things inside your own circle of influence.

Anonymous

Stoksey loves it!!!!

Anonymous

youngy wrote:

Alex is missing two vital points in his argument.

The first - He is still only 20 and therefore comes under the SAAL 'Under 21' rule about athletes being adjusted at any time if they demonstrate significant improvement.

First of all theres a proper process to follow if you are not happy with your handicap and its not on this forum.
Secondly you need to compare apples to apples and comparing your mark to Woodies creates to many indifferences.
Like Youngy said ,you are probably being handicapped under the 21 rule.If this is the case it will be interesting to see what the handicapper does with M. Brusnahan come Bay Sheffield.He is not running with the league and had 7.00m at last years Bay Sheff.
Since the Bay last year Alex has continually supported the league and run and has a personal best of 11.30 at Santos over 100m and 22.24 over 200m
Michael on the other hand has been continually improving since the Bay with personal bests of 10.99 over 100m and 21.70 over 200m ran towards the end of last season.
By comparing apples with apples I would be getting really upset if the under 21 rule isnt used with Michael.
On face value if his handicap remains at 7.00m or yours at your reduced mark ,dont bother turning up because you cant beat him.

Anonymous

Ok, last post on this topic. Apologies to Alex, maybe I did go overboard with some of my comments and maybe they werent warranted, but from what Ive read and heard, to say I was fired up was an understatement. Yes people would assume I train with YGTS, but to everyones dismay, im not.

In short, what trumpet said made perfect sense, maybe your next run was your lift in handicap, who knows, time will tell!! Your good enough to be behind the novice, everyone is just waiting to see it again!! You can move to wherever you like when it comes to training, obviously where you are at the moment isnt doing the job.

And No, i didnt lose any money on Alex at the Bay, just pointing that out!!

Sorry Youngy if ive caused you abit of grief, Ill be a little bit more careful next time!!

Anonymous

runon SA wrote:
youngy wrote:

Alex is missing two vital points in his argument.

The first - He is still only 20 and therefore comes under the SAAL 'Under 21' rule about athletes being adjusted at any time if they demonstrate significant improvement.

First of all theres a proper process to follow if you are not happy with your handicap and its not on this forum.
Secondly you need to compare apples to apples and comparing your mark to Woodies creates to many indifferences.
Like Youngy said ,you are probably being handicapped under the 21 rule.If this is the case it will be interesting to see what the handicapper does with M. Brusnahan come Bay Sheffield.He is not running with the league and had 7.00m at last years Bay Sheff.
Since the Bay last year Alex has continually supported the league and run and has a personal best of 11.30 at Santos over 100m and 22.24 over 200m
Michael on the other hand has been continually improving since the Bay with personal bests of 10.99 over 100m and 21.70 over 200m ran towards the end of last season.
By comparing apples with apples I would be getting really upset if the under 21 rule isnt used with Michael.
On face value if his handicap remains at 7.00m or yours at your reduced mark ,dont bother turning up because you cant beat him.

At the moment, Michael Brusnahan hasn't a snow flake's hope in hell of winning the Bay Sheffield off 7.0m. He'd need to improve a lot - I hand timed him in good conditions on Saturday at 11.13s. (Makes it about 11.37e) Hence I went with the other four in the Western District relay because Michael is struggling in events 'up the middle'.

HOWEVER your point is taken that Alex deserves to benefit (if that's the right word?) more than Brusnahan due to his support of the League. If you don't rock up to any other meet you don't deserve to be placed in a better position than those like Alex who are regular.

Anonymous

Good response youngy, was looking for a like button but couldn't find one maybe something for the future?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum