PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Victor Harbor Handicaps (SAAL)
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyToday at 5:34 pm by RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

» Handicapping Systems
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyToday at 11:07 am by RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

» Wangaratta Gift
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Mex

» Wangaratta Women's 120m
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Mex

» Camden Classic
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm by getting2old4this

» Dual association email.
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 5:11 pm by Downesy

» dual-gift-winner-re-lives-the-dream
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm by SANCHEZ

» 2020 Raw Comedy Competition - Thursday 23rd Jan
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm by racingmania

» Maribyrnong Gift
Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 1:20 pm by bebee

January 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay

Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Laughing stock

Really disappointed the the 800m Novice has been taken out of the Bay 2019 Program.
It gives both Genders a chance to break their maiden status over a middle distance.
Last year at the Bay there were two heats Heat 1 saw 12 runners , Heat 2 saw 14 runners
Total of 26 Novice runners this year that will have to run elsewhere.
I have been reliably informed that extra straight track racing has been added.
Not sure but if that is the case but if it is, its very disappointing for Middle distance racing in SA.

2Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 am

Yogizz84

You are correct Laughing stock, which in my very humble opinion is a load of crock!!! The 800m Novice (U20) has been part of the Bay Sheff since Adam was a wee boy. There are four middle distance events (X2 select Miles, Open Mile & O35/Womens Mile), the 550m are long sprints & your kidding yourself if you reckon there middle distance races! There are now seven 120m races, plus the 3-4 long sprints! We distance runners have really, really being shafted. And as you rightly pointed out Laughing Stock, the numbers from last year would easily suggest it needed to stay! And why would they replace a middle distance race with more sprints??? As I said at the beginning, it’s a load of crock!!!

Jords

3Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 am

Steve Buscemi

Yogizz84 wrote:You are correct Laughing stock, which in my very humble opinion is a load of crock!!! The 800m Novice (U20) has been part of the Bay Sheff since Adam was a wee boy. There are four middle distance events (X2 select Miles, Open Mile & O35/Womens Mile), the 550m are long sprints & your kidding yourself if you reckon there middle distance races! There are now seven 120m races, plus the 3-4 long sprints! We distance runners have really, really being shafted. And as you rightly pointed out Laughing Stock, the numbers from last year would easily suggest it needed to stay! And why would they replace a middle distance race with more sprints??? As I said at the beginning, it’s a load of crock!!!

Jords

Let's all be honest. We are all for junior participation. BUT F**** ME how many junior races do we need?. I get that they are crowd pullers - Mum, Dad and the Great Aunt come and watch. But for the life of me, this should never take away from athletes that make the bay. Those tight corners big fields big bodies flying around the corner is the greatest spectacle outside the 120m.

Looking at the results from the mediocre Pre Bay results, I think the miss management is running out of time to fix the mess. For me, I will miss the bay which is sad but I'm not gonna turn up when the lottery system is still in place. The best atmosphere around when the crowds rock up, they almost fill on top of you at times! Sad shame

4Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 am

Laughing stock

The 800m Novice/under 20 was always a pretty Casual way to begin the final day.
Some real good athletes such as Hayden Cook, Nikii Donelley,Michael Nitschke, Michael Marantelli,Bryce Watkins, Peter Hyde, Matthew Ferber, David Spence, the list goes on.

Trivia Question .Name two athletes that ran in this race in 2001 and are still running in the SAAL in 2019 Laughing

5Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Laughing stock

The answer as to who is still running with the league from the 2001 Under 20 800m is Matt Fallon and would you believe David Gross.

Still baffles me that this race has been deleted when only a couple of weeks ago we had heats and final of the Under 18 800m at Flinders where 20 under 18 athletes went around.
So its certainly not for a lack of interest last year or in the early weeks of this season so What is the Reason.

6Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Yogizz84

Yes, I agree, David Gross, what the!!! Maybe he was late to pre- season??? 😂 I’ll go you one better Laughing stock, who ran in the U20 800m at the 2000 Bay Sheff & is still running with the league?

Yes, I to am baffled at this event been left out of the carnival & I will be seeking answers at Mount Gambia this weekend! Am very disappointed. There is the interest there (as evident by numbers at flinders & in years go by) & sponsors are usually happy sponsoring a junior race as it looks good for them (promoting healthy lifestyle, etc). So I am perplexed why they have dropped this event in favour of more sprints (let’s not open that can of worms)!

7Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Laughing stock

Youve got me Yogizz84 my data base doesnt go back that far but Im guessing Robbie Killmier or Jordan Harvey.
Robbie was nominated in 2002 and 2003 off 34m and 18m and scratched both times so Im going to stick my neck out and say Robbie.Other wise youve got me beat.

8Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay Empty Re: Wheres the 800m Novice at the Bay on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Yogizz84

Oooohh, so close!!! You had the right two athletes, but his (Robbies) more illustrious (😂😜) training partner, Jordan Harvey was the correct answer. Sam Hogg won the race that year!!!

So, hopefully common sense prevails next year & the race is reinstated!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum