PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Victor Harbor Handicaps (SAAL)
Mt Gambier? EmptyToday at 6:42 pm by Townsville

» Handicapping Systems
Mt Gambier? EmptyToday at 11:07 am by RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

» Wangaratta Gift
Mt Gambier? EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Mex

» Wangaratta Women's 120m
Mt Gambier? EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Mex

» Camden Classic
Mt Gambier? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm by getting2old4this

» Dual association email.
Mt Gambier? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 5:11 pm by Downesy

» dual-gift-winner-re-lives-the-dream
Mt Gambier? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm by SANCHEZ

» 2020 Raw Comedy Competition - Thursday 23rd Jan
Mt Gambier? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm by racingmania

» Maribyrnong Gift
Mt Gambier? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 1:20 pm by bebee

January 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Mt Gambier?

Mt Gambier?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mt Gambier? Empty Mt Gambier? on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Baltimore Jack

Does anyone know when MT G handicaps are released?
Vics going to the mount on Friday won’t like hitting the road, not knowing what their running off.

2Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm

timrosen35

Spot on. That’s why I didn’t enter. I’m not booking accom and starting my journey without seeing handicaps. Also for all you know, you’ll get there and the marks will change on the day anyway.

3Mt Gambier? Empty Mt Gambier on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 am

DDog

Dead right Tim Rosen. SAAL need to get their arse into gear and get the handicaps out. Impossible to make any arrangements re. accommodation etc.

4Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:14 pm

Steve Buscemi

Reason why I didnt book accom or enter for the bay. Why would you waste your time money and drive to the unknown

5Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Trackstar

Trackstar
Does the SAAL committee have any understanding of what they are doing to their league's rep? I've been told there's no programs at the ground on Saturday. Have to check your phone for the program?
Unbelievable.

6Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:21 pm

timrosen35

Handicaps out...
If you can call them that! I don’t even have enough spare time in my day to point out the mistakes and anomalies. I’m sure someone else will oblige. I’m now beginning to think this system doesn’t actually exist. It is just a person throwing darts at a dartboard. I’ll leave with just one...someone got pulled 15m and they ran almost last in a heat. Whilst others who beat him got lifted

7Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 pm

getting2old4this

Didnt enter either, not taking the long drive and the expense on an unknown, Z score will apply, okay so what hit do I get from that, I mean it is transparent but yet an unknown????

8Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:37 pm

Ok.boomer

Looks like the under 14 race is going to be a nail biter. We should increase the prize money. If we do that at the bay we could get rid of more races like the 800 m novice

9Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm

StrangerThings

So my observation from the marks looks like a lot of the sprinters who ran on the weekend got pulled, even the ones that didn’t make it out of their heats..... and the athletes who didn’t run have stayed off the same mark they had from the last meet that they competed in..... therefore majority of athletes are more disadvantaged if they had ran at pre bay.....
I thought Dec was no penalty !

In the circle events, looks like they have pulled some and lifted others but what’s more interesting is that they lifted athletes that had scratched.... so you get a lift for not running....
In the past as a coach preparing your athletes for a particular event you would know what mark they have prior to competition, and if they got a lift that was always a bonus! Now you have no idea what mark they are going to get going into each meet. In the past you could work out what event your athletes would be most competitive in and focus on that at training (as you know what mark they have even if they haven’t been released), if your athletes keep getting lifted then moved back and then moved back again without even making finals, it becomes very frustrating. So please once you lift athletes leave them there unless they run under net time or win over a certain amount of prize money, or don’t move them at all!

Last edited by StrangerThings on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Mt Gambier? Empty Re: Mt Gambier? on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:17 pm

TheFatLady

I have no words.. The people have spoken enough by lack of nominations & now handicaps (thanks a day earlier than previously). Anyone seen a stewards report??
I never liked that 800m Novice anyway. It'sall about the YOUTH.. If there's a sport left for them after the weekend!
#SAALLOTTO #IVOTEDLIPTAK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum