PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Victor Harbor Handicaps (SAAL)
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:42 pm by Townsville

» Handicapping Systems
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:07 am by RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

» Wangaratta Gift
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Mex

» Wangaratta Women's 120m
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Mex

» Camden Classic
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm by getting2old4this

» Dual association email.
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 5:11 pm by Downesy

» dual-gift-winner-re-lives-the-dream
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm by SANCHEZ

» 2020 Raw Comedy Competition - Thursday 23rd Jan
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 pm by racingmania

» Maribyrnong Gift
Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 1:20 pm by bebee

January 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps

Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:26 am

Downesy

23 entries in the 550, and the race (and prize money) is split? O. K. mmmmm....
Am I missing something?

32Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 am

TheFatLady

OK.Boomer agree, all bar the 550 mens. Broke net time.
Interesting to note back marker who scratched from the final. 28 "we in a state" come Bay mate!

33Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:13 pm

JMaloney

TheFatLady wrote:I like these marks. Much closer to hit net time.
These should have been the marks for SHC meet but it has taken this long to figure out how to interpret data. Except for one J.Aston he should have 6m due to his win at Loxton in February. Leave him on 7.5m now & get faster. He'll not beat Semmler off 8.25m anyway. He too should only have 6m..

#IstillvoteLiptak..

I wouldn’t image he will catch Houlihan over the Gift either. If you do the Math,
Wins Terrang off 5.5m.
His mark comes out at MT Gambier as 6.75m.
Dominated the 70m field 7.5s off 4.25m
Dangerous.

34Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Laughing stock

Terrible advertisement for the sport of Pro Running.
You have someone come on here and tell everyone that he only trains one night a week and practically tries to convince everyone hes entitled to his marks.
Then takes away plenty of cash at the Mount.

What incentive does that show to athletes that are on tight marks who need to train 4 to 5 nights per week.
What is the Coach going to say when an athlete comes up and says See how its done Coach.
Sad thing to say is that it could very well start from Under 14 up.
Really disappointed that sub standard efforts get rewarded.

35Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:19 pm

ScrambledLegs

ScrambledLegs
31. Get Up & Run

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. At the start of the season, all runners were informed that to qualify for category 2-1 carnivals you had to ‘do 3 runs in that distance (up or down by 1)’. Yet it appears SAAL have softened on this, where runners have been told ‘you will be given a reduced handicap if you don’t do your 3 runs’. But this clearly must have gone out the window with the following athletes:
Lachlan Scott, no runs but a 100m lift?
Lachlan Henning, no runs in and a 10m lift from winning Bay?
Rose Pittman, 10m lift from scratching at Port Adel?
J Bowden – appears he only had one run in the same distance category this season?
People have raised the question of how well the Stallan girls will go at Bay too. It will be interesting to see which way the handicap lotto will go for marks at the Bay, especially for athletes who have or have not completed their 3 runs.
Also where are these amazing steward reports we were promised? To be published weekly after each meet? Must need my eyes checked, or maybe it is the beer, but I haven’t seen one since Port Adel! Just like the ‘Tuesday handicaps’…
OK. Boomer, I had that beer … but after the MG results, think I might need a keg! There were runners who has significantly improvements in their pace (m/s) from Pre Bay to MG. Believe me, this was not caused by track or weather conditions. It will be interesting to see if anyone gets a “red flag” for this.

72. Six Dozen

36Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Laughing stock

Noticed that a few runners had difficulty handling the track on Sat, not sure if it was the long drive down or the track itself but a few runners just didnt seem to be able to get their rhythm going.
Just hope their runs quailfied for lifts under the system or else it would be a wasted trip.

37Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 pm

TheFatLady

It underminds the current SAAL members when there are rules set in place, communicated to all & then only to go back on them.

However, if they didn't let these runners who had not qualified under the 3 race rule, there would be no race! Many haven't really been reduced a handicap either & in the mens 550 the winner breaks net time.. Just plain ordinary move.
Vote of no confidence for Bay 2019

25 Duck & Dive..

550m Men's backmarkers who had NOT qualified:
James Boden 1st pb 1:48.9 800m & 47.9 400m
Casey Buchanan 3rd
Ryan Atkins 4th
Brian Wilson 6th
Clay Watkins Scr

Men's 550m frontmarkers:
Chris Leach 3rd

550m womens backmarkers
Rose Pittman 1st - great run tho on net time, recent PB 2:07 800m
Monique Hollick (Boden) 4th
Jessica Schaedal 7th
Alexis Gilham 8th

1600m
Backmarkers
Lachlan Scott 1st - PB 1:56 800m 15:24 5km
Lachlan Henning 2nd
Amechai Bawden 5th

Front markers - 14 the lawnmowers
Richard McMahon 4th
Nikki Smart 5th
Gordon Knight 7th
Tim Sideris 8th
Oliver Sibbick 9th
Alexis Gilliam 10th

#saallotto #saalbingo #ivotedliptak

38Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Laughing stock

And for all those out there who are saying who the heck is Ilana Grandine and how did she get that mark and where did she come from.

Laughing Stock 19 can tell you, as a junior of 13 years old she was running around 12.44 back in 2004

athleticsessendon.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Club-records-1

Last edited by Laughing stock on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added source of information)

39Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin
I’ve got no problem with Ilana Granidine winning the Womens 120m as she’s a 27yo Essendon amateur coached by a very good operator in Max Warlow.

Mind you given it was her first start over 120m I would have thought the novice mark of 6m should have been allocated.

Ilana would have won off 6m anyway and she
added a lot of much needed class to the carnival. So good on her for making the trek to Mt Gambier.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

40Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:12 pm

TheFatLady

Agree - she would have clocked up 3 runs in VAL from what I can tell.
17 Dancing Queen
Its those who broke net time and didn't win that now should be feeling the pinch..
Eliza Woolley getting a lift of 0.5m would have been in box seat driving down.. Only to break net time & go home with 2nd place.

Bulabek would be another one who needs to self reflect over what might have been on the weekend.

34 give them more..
#saallotto

41Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:57 am

Laughing stock

Admin wrote:I’ve got no problem with Ilana Granidine winning the Womens 120m as she’s a 27yo Essendon amateur coached by a very good operator in Max Warlow.

Mind you given it was her first start over 120m I would have thought the novice mark of 6m should have been allocated.

added a lot of much needed class to the carnival. So good on her for making the trek to Mt Gambier.

I have no problem either but dont think the research required on her running history was taken out.
Which begs the question , Posted on SAAL APP it was stated that December was Penalty Free. There were no conditions such as prize money and running under net with the statement.
So if she doesnt get 7m at the Bay I think she will have every reason to protest her mark.

42Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:46 am

ScrambledLegs

ScrambledLegs
Laughing stock wrote:
Admin wrote:I’ve got no problem with Ilana Granidine winning the Womens 120m as she’s a 27yo Essendon amateur coached by a very good operator in Max Warlow.

I have no problem either but dont think the research required on her running history was taken out.
Which begs the question , Posted on  SAAL APP it was stated that December was Penalty Free. There were no conditions such as prize money and running under net with the statement.
So if she doesnt get 7m at the Bay I think she will have every reason to protest her mark.

Well Laughing Stock, that depends on which way the lotto wants to go? 46. Up to Tricks. Will it be the Team App post in December? Or Rule 10.3 in this seasons Rule Book?

43Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:12 am

Laughing stock

ScrambledLegs wrote:

Well Laughing Stock, that depends on which way the lotto wants to go? 46. Up to Tricks. Will it be the Team App post in December? Or Rule 10.3 in this seasons Rule Book?

I would assume that , because it was posted by the E.0 it would superseed the rule in the rule book.
Would make a good argument and if I was in her position and alloted anything less than 7m I would be handing over a pineapple to contest it, after the weekend she has plenty of pineapples to spare.

Last edited by Laughing stock on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

44Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 am

Laughing stock

Downesy wrote:23 entries in the 550, and the race (and prize money) is split? O. K. mmmmm....
Am I missing something?

Yep plenty of disgrunted athletes that paid $25 on the nomination form to race for a purse of $4000 then find out that they are racing for a purse of $2000 for exactly the same nomination fee of $25
The good thing is that , the prizemoney was spread around and double the amount of athletes went home with a bit of cash in their pocket
But like I said a few athletes unhappy that it still cost $25 .And I feel rightly so.

45Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:29 am

Steve Buscemi

Those that went, are you able to shed some light on the quality of the races and fields and the general consensus regarding the meet?

The fields looked considerably down

46Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:21 pm

youngy

youngy
Admin
Admin
All bullshit about handicaps aside, one massive plus from Mt Gambier was the live feed. I stopped watching after the gift semis because I'd seen enough. But it was a brilliant initiative and the coverage I saw was superb.

47Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Downesy

Absolutely agree Youngy. It’s a brilliant concept; a concept that is fast becoming a regular feature within the Aths community, (particularly AA and Aths Vic meets), and we will soon start to expect live streaming as the norm. The pro leagues have to start moving with the times to make this a regular feature of their meetings.

48Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am

StrangerThings

Can someone please explain to me why there is a consolation final at Brighton for both the men’s and women’s 400m worth only $100 (main race total prize money $250) .... so first prize in the consolation would be like $50....
the winner of this race will get more than the 8th runner in the normal final....
has this prize money come out of the money donated for the main race......?
As this has never happened in the history of pro running in SA in a minor race before, the only logical explanation I could come up with is that athletes in with new committee haven’t supported the meets throughout the season and haven’t competed in 3 races above or below the category they want to run in at the Bay Shef, so they need to guarantee two runs on the weekend so their handicap isn’t pulled for not following the three race rule.......

If this is the case, I’m concerned about the integrity of our sport when people that we have elected are making decisions just to suit their own athletes....
I’m happy to be corrected if this is not the reason behind this decision.....

49Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am

Laughing stock

Good Observation ST.
Dividing the races into front markers and backmarkers at the Mount so they were straight out finals took away the chance of having two runs.
It would be good if the SAAL came out and made the decision to award everyone that went to the Mount and ran the 550m in men and womens a two race tick.
In Vic the VAL I think gives everyone two ticks if the compete at Warnambool to award them for travelling.Think Warnambool had record entries this year.
Personally the trip to the Mount cost me near $600 without nomination fees , minimal prizemoney for me and only one tick so not going next year , too expensive , for not a lot of gain to close to Christmas.
Interesting that the Over 35 with less runners than the other 550m had heats and final and some of the Over 35s walked away with the two ticks.
Open m & Open w 15 &16 runners .front and back markers.one run
Over 35 12runners.....heats and final.two runs

50Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:49 am

StrangerThings

Thanks for that LS, my theory behind there being a straight back marks and front markers race at the mount was that it suited athletes who knew they had good marks for the gift and then could also still run in the 550 knowing that they can get more prize money from both races..... if they had heats of the 550 and made the 120 final they prob couldn’t have ran the 550m open. Just an observation.......Seems like the program suited athletes connected to the committee

51Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:43 pm

ScrambledLegs

ScrambledLegs
Now StrangerThings, are you implying that our ‘elected’ members are chasing the $$$? And do not embody the SAAL constitution - to promote and grow athletics in SA for all athletes of all abilities? . . 55 Snakes Alive.

Q, has any athlete ever won all off these events during their career? 120m at the Bay, 400m at Camden, 550m at the Bay and 300m at Loxton?
Q, has anyone ever seen heats for a 1km, with little prize money and a small field?
59. Brighton Line

52Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:01 pm

StrangerThings

I could be wrong ScrambledLegs but just seeing some bizarre decisions made regarding the way the program has been set out at the last meet and now even this current one with the 400m.

53Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Laughing stock

We nearly always have heats and final of the 1000m at Brighton.
Like we always have an Over 35 and Womens 1000m separate, but wait its a combine this year so the Womens 1000m has been canned just like the 8oom novice at the Bay.
Just to give you an idea how distance racing is being shafted we had 3 races over 1000m in 2012 and 46 athletes actually ran, thats only 7 seasons ago, will be very interesting how many run this week.

54Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:41 pm

TheFatLady

The program for Brighton, up for discussion:

12.00 pm 1000m Men Heats
12.10 pm 70m Novice Heats
12.38 pm 70m Men Heats
12.58 pm 120m Over 35 Heats
1.10 pm 120m Under 14 Heats
1.26 pm 1000m Women & O35 Heats
1.34 pm 1000m Men FINAL & Presentation
1.44 pm 70m Novice Semis
1.52 pm 70m Men Semis
2.00 pm 120m Over 35 FINAL & Presentation
2.10 pm 120m Under 14 FINAL & Presentation
2.20 pm Official break (20 Minutes)
2.40 pm 70m Novice FINAL & Presentation
2.50 pm 70m Men FINAL & Presentation
3.00 pm 1000m Women & O35 FINAL & Presentation
3.10 pm 120m Women Heats
3.30 pm 120m Men Heats
3.50 pm 400m Under 18 Boys Heats
4.06 pm 400m Under 18 Girls Heats
4.14 pm 400m Women Heats
4.26 pm 400m Men Heats
4.42 pm Official break
4.56 pm 120m Women FINAL
5.00 pm 120m Men FINAL
5.04 pm 120m Presentations
5.12 pm 400m Under 18 Boys FINAL
5.16 pm 400m Under 18 Girls FINAL
5.20 pm 400m Women Consolation FINAL
5.24 pm 400m Men Consolation FINAL
5.28 pm 400m Women FINAL
5.32 pm 400m Men FINAL
5.36 pm 400m Presentations*

81 Fat Lady with a walking stick..

55Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm

StrangerThings

LS maybe the consolation finals have replaced the women’s 1000m.....
Why is this happening...
Do athletes really want to compete in a consolation final worth nothing.....
Do spectators really want to watch a consolation final....
Would athletes who made the proper final of the 400m prefer to have an increase in prize money and no consolation final.......
To me looks like some people really need to guarantee two runs in the 400m so they meet the new bay 3 race rule!

56Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Steve Buscemi

StrangerThings wrote:LS maybe the consolation finals have replaced the women’s 1000m.....
Why is this happening...
Do athletes really want to compete in a consolation final worth nothing.....
Do spectators really want to watch a consolation final....
Would athletes who made the proper final of the 400m prefer to have an increase in prize money and no consolation final.......
To me looks like some people really need to guarantee two runs in the 400m so they meet the new bay 3 race rule!

Hey ST. hows your 400m looking?

57Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:35 pm

StrangerThings

Circle events make me dizzy, too many bends !

58Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Steve Buscemi

How times have changed enjoyed your 400m win!

59Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:22 pm

2cents

StrangerThings wrote:Thanks for that LS, my theory behind there being a straight back marks and front markers race at the mount was that it suited athletes who knew they had good marks for the gift and then could also still run in the 550 knowing that they can get more prize money from both races..... if they had heats of the 550 and made the 120 final they prob couldn’t have ran the 550m open. Just an observation.......Seems like the program suited athletes connected to the committee

OR people on the committee actually run and have a sense of what the long sprint athletes would prefer. Pretty quick to throw some shade around there ST

60Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps - Page 2 Empty Re: Mount Gambier (SAAL) Handicaps on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:12 pm

StrangerThings

Like Youngy said if there was more transparency from the SAAL regarding this change in the program from previous years, then one wouldn’t need to speculate... I doubt anyone said at the AGM meeting I really want to win a consolation final next season at Brighton!
If the people on the committee are making decisions on just want they think and not taking on was majority of athletes want, then there an issue there. If majority of athletes want this consolation final then definitely make it go ahead, but I actually doubt this is the case......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum