PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Flagstaff Nominations
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Laughing stock

» Chris Roberts booted out of judging
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Laughing stock

» Bay Sheffield Results
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 pm by Steve Buscemi

» Castlemaine Gift
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 1:30 pm by frog Man

» Castlemaine Women's 400m
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm by Castlemaine jim

» Stawell Gift in Crisis - Luke's Resignation letter to Stawell Athletic Club
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 am by AussiePro

» Castlemaine Gift women's
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 am by DDog

» Keilor Gift
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 6:38 pm by Juice

» Race Report Ballarat?
Handicapping Systems - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 am by rainsitpours

February 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Handicapping Systems

Handicapping Systems

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

61Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

JMaloney

Cheetah What’s happened over in SA?
More issues we haven’t heard about?

62Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

JMaloney wrote:Cheetah What’s happened over in SA?
More issues we haven’t heard about?

Just ask around in your State , its out there.

63Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 am

Steve Buscemi

The cat is out and if the run through lines last were anything to go by. I'm pretty shocked.
When's the funeral for the SAAL?

64Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

So has anyone got a guess as to what Semmler will get for Victor Harbor
SACRED HEART...5.50 (added by ADMIN)
PRE BAY ........8.25
BAY...............8.00
MARION .........1.75 Laughing
VICTOR............?
Hang on , the machines spinning around , and around and around and around, wait its stopped............3.25

65Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 am

getting2old4this

getting2old4this
Got a dart board Cheatah?

66Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:07 am

Steve Buscemi

I heard Phill "The Power" Taylor is the SAAL's new handicapper!
Any news on the handicaps for this weekend? - Are they holding a vigil - just remember no candles its a fire ban!

67Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:16 am

getting2old4this

getting2old4this
Better chance of getting a bullseye!!

68Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:15 am

Steve Buscemi

Just putting it out there, St Albans was run on the weekend. and Wangaratta Handicaps are already up ........ Just saying......that's less than 4 days turn around. I know when my run is and what my mark is. Im going up to spend some money in the communities that need some help up there.

Feel sorry for the guys waiting for the handicaps to come out for Victor Harbour. You'd think with the travel you'd be putting them out asap.. give people plenty of time to decide their movements... a pretty poor effort by the computer.

69Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Ding ding ding ding , keep spinning that wheel for Helena Schwerdts handicap, ding ding ding, She won Brighton off 9.25 and the Bay off 9.25 ding ding ding ding ding Handicap spat out at 4.50, but hang on hang on , the Computer has just spat out another piece of paper, quick read it , what does it say, Semmler win at Pre Bay and Bay Sheff , minus 6.25.
Quick give me back that handicap for Schwerdt back.9.25 minus 6.25 new handicap 3.00m.
Cant be anything less for equal prizemoney.

70Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Steve Buscemi

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH wrote:Ding ding ding ding , keep spinning that wheel for Helena Schwerdts handicap, ding ding ding, She won Brighton off 9.25 and the Bay off 9.25 ding ding ding ding ding Handicap spat out at 4.50, but hang on hang on , the Computer has just spat out another piece of paper, quick read it , what does it say, Semmler win at Pre Bay and Bay Sheff , minus 6.25.
Quick give me back that handicap for Schwerdt back.9.25 minus 6.25 new handicap 3.00m.
Cant be anything less for equal prizemoney.

I normally read my novel at lunch- Left my Stephen King behind today!!! So had a glance at the handicapping system

I'm trying to get my head around the this terrible handicapping system in the saal- Which Steward gives the track rating are they trained to do so? do they make changes throughout the day? and if this is done on a visual inspection what do they look for? Theres a saying looks can be deceiving.?

is this taken into account? I suppose these questions have been asked before yet to get an answer. Also notice a number of VICs asked about the system at the start of the year and the answers they were given were watch this space. One group of 10 had accommodation and flights booked !!!!!

I hate seeing the SAAL like this. The once might have fallen oh well. When you want something done right get a VIC to do it! cheers

71Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Mex

Mex
I would just about move to SA to offer my help. I am sure that we, together, could build the SAAL back up. Need to start by spending some time with the data, running some more trials and then fully implementing the system.

72Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Mex wrote:I would just about move to SA to offer my help. I am sure that we, together, could build the SAAL back up. Need to start by spending some time with the data, running some more trials and then fully implementing the system.

Hey Mex , you and Steve are most welcome , all you need to do, to fix it , is just listen to the people.
Ive just found out why the Vics lose metres in their handicaps when they cross the border, somewhere in the present system I think its set, that it moves the handicap back just as you move your clock back, yep 30m metres that will cost you as soon as you pass Bordertown Laughing Laughing Laughing

73Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Downesy

Serious questions; How thorough was this system tested before it was implemented? Was it tested at all? Were there “bugs” that were fixed prior to implementation?

74Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:52 pm

getting2old4this

getting2old4this
Downesy wrote:Serious questions; How thorough was this system tested before it was implemented? Was it tested at all? Were there “bugs” that were fixed prior to implementation?

My count is currently at approx 22 parameter changes so far this season on a system we were promised was trialed, tested and ready.
I can list them all if you like?

I was told they dont want discretion yet the parameters are the discretion, the parameters can and always will be adjusted based on the agenda of the individual/s controlling it.

At one point we were told there is a delay in processing the data due to ASA and VAL data being added, why was this not already added?

Has anyone ever seen track ratings? Yes who decides and how do they decide the track rating?

Why do we get handicapped on wind adjusted times yet we are not privy to wind adjusted times? Essentially handicaps are adjusted on what we cant and dont see, yet the system is transparent?

I have been told an experienced (to a degree) handicapper was not needed or wanted as they were deemed not experienced and would not be able to work with the complexity of the system. As opposed to who we currently have running it???

The amount of time needed to use this system is far too great. With Aston leaving after this season how will those already overwhelmed with the work load cope?

The overwhelming majority say this system must go, those running it must go!

75Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Steve Buscemi

Hey Cheats

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't wanna touch that even if I was in a hazard suit!!

The people I personally feel sorry for are the runners on the committee who all have a connection to the bay!!.

They're watching it be destroyed. And they have to rock up each week and pretend like everything is okay.

Yet looking others in the eye!!.

The bays dead while this committee stands by and let's it happen.

76Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

getting2old4this wrote:

The amount of time needed to use this system is far too great. With Aston leaving after this season how will those already overwhelmed with the work load cope?

So what you are saying is that one of the people operating the new system is out of there at the end of the season.
Has anyone else been trained.
While paremeter changes are still happening, is that a bit like deserting the sinking ship.
If you bring a new system in , surely you see it through to a reasonable level
Oh my goodness , seeing that this morning just makes the whole mess worse.
Mex we need you.

77Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 am

JMaloney

Rumour circulating is that current SAAL Committee member (current VP?) Dan Semmler is now coaching the Stallan sisters & Molly Farmer. 🤔🤣🧐

78Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 am

Steve Buscemi

JMaloney wrote:Rumour circulating is that current SAAL Committee member (current VP?) Dan Semmler is now coaching the Stallan sisters & Molly Farmer. 🤔🤣🧐

I once owned this greyhound - great breeding! out of a group 1 winner!!!!!!!! My Golden Easter Egg Winner! but my god. All he did was chase his tail!!!! - When I'd ask the trainer all I go back was the same response lets just see how things pan out!- Sorry, Mr. Trainer your not the one paying the bills!!!!.

The SAAL is doing the same thing, they are like a dog chasing there tail going around around around in a circle!!! They have are nothing more than a basket case at the moment.

You know as a kid when you went to a fair or the Melbourne show and you'd have a bucket of hot chips with sauce and get on the gravatron thinking it was a good idea only for it to end badly with the hot chips coming up! This is the SAAL's handicapping system! Not tested, changed to suit others and ruin others and just an all-around mess.

I'm sorry, the SAAL committee has a bigger ego than Scotty from marketing and his views on Climate Change. Actually scrap that he actually faced the music and admitted he was wrong!!!

I just tried to compare the Boards with the SAAL

VAL's board https://www.val.org.au/AboutUs/DirectorsOfficials.aspx I'll let you compare the compare if you can find them!.

In the words Arthea Fraklin -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vl6hspNb4o I'll say a little prey for the BAY!!! Because it's basically dead!

79Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

JMaloney wrote:Rumour circulating is that current SAAL Committee member (current VP?) Dan Semmler is now coaching the Stallan sisters & Molly Farmer. 🤔🤣🧐

Dont tell half a story Maloney, I saw more girls than that down at Mile End and their surnames both start with OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

80Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:35 am

racingmania

No coach credentials and he takes on Stallan L and Farmer M? Guy must has one super ego. He isn’t fit to carry the blocks for these talented athletes. look at the SAAL, everything he touches turns to ruins.
Sad to see.

81Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am

Townsville

racingmania wrote:No coach credentials and he takes on Stallan L and Farmer M? Guy must has one super ego. He isn’t fit to carry the blocks for these talented athletes.  look at the SAAL, everything he touches turns to ruins.
Sad to see.

Whilst I can't comment on the coaching side of it, surely you're not blaming Semmler for the handicapping and stewarding debacle!!

82Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:57 am

Steve Buscemi

Townsville wrote:
racingmania wrote:No coach credentials and he takes on Stallan L and Farmer M? Guy must has one super ego. He isn’t fit to carry the blocks for these talented athletes.  look at the SAAL, everything he touches turns to ruins.
Sad to see.

Whilst I can't comment on the coaching side of it, surely you're not blaming Semmler for the handicapping and stewarding debacle!!

Hey Townsville, any updates or are the guns still silent?

83Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:58 am

Steve Buscemi

Townsville wrote:
Sad to see.

End of the day, Townie. He was the VP. He had and has every chance to fix a problem that wont go away!

84Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Steve Buscemi wrote:

Hey Steve can I have your job , you must have plenty of time.
Smoking guns are always silent. Embarassed Embarassed

85Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Corey Baker

I'm just going to chime in here before this gets nasty and request that everyone not talk about Molly and the Stallans. They are young girls and discussions like this can get messy, so please just don't even go there and use their names.

Dan Semmler discussions however go nuts; he's had involvement with the league and he should hear peoples comments. But leave the young girls names out of it.

86Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Steve Buscemi

Corey Baker wrote:I'm just going to chime in here before this gets nasty and request that everyone not talk about Molly and the Stallans. They are young girls and discussions like this can get messy, so please just don't even go there and use their names.

Dan Semmler discussions however go nuts; he's had involvement with the league and he should hear peoples comments. But leave the young girls names out of it.

Corey Well quoted! and totally agree.

What are your thoughts on Dan?.

87Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Corey Baker

Steve Buscemi wrote:
Corey Baker wrote:I'm just going to chime in here before this gets nasty and request that everyone not talk about Molly and the Stallans. They are young girls and discussions like this can get messy, so please just don't even go there and use their names.

Corey Well quoted! and totally agree.

What are your thoughts on Dan?.

I have never met Dan... but my opinion of him is definitely negatively skewed because of the actions and words from him and the league which have affected people close to me. But I will not go into that.

From a coaching perspective. He doesn't have a sound history in coaching. I think most would be skeptical regarding his coaching credentials. I unfortunately have witnessed star athletes go with coaches whom have been met with skepticism, and the results were staggeringly unremarkable. But there were also some positive outcomes. I am hoping that the situation brought up will result in the latter occurring. I never want to see talent lost in this sport, so I can only hope that his athletes experience success and have a positive running experience.

88Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:01 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Some of those young girls are on the 3rd or 4th coach just doesnt look right to me

89Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Townsville

Steve Buscemi wrote:
Townsville wrote:
Sad to see.

Still silent ...

90Handicapping Systems - Page 3 Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Steve Buscemi

Townsville wrote:
Steve Buscemi wrote:
Townsville wrote:
Sad to see.

Still silent ...

Gee whiz- Is Charlie Chaplin in charge of the SAAL?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum