PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Flagstaff Nominations
Camden Classic EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Laughing stock

» Chris Roberts booted out of judging
Camden Classic EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Laughing stock

» Bay Sheffield Results
Camden Classic EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 pm by Steve Buscemi

» Castlemaine Gift
Camden Classic EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 1:30 pm by frog Man

» Castlemaine Women's 400m
Camden Classic EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm by Castlemaine jim

» Stawell Gift in Crisis - Luke's Resignation letter to Stawell Athletic Club
Camden Classic EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 am by AussiePro

» Castlemaine Gift women's
Camden Classic EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 am by DDog

» Keilor Gift
Camden Classic EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 6:38 pm by Juice

» Race Report Ballarat?
Camden Classic EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 am by rainsitpours

February 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Camden Classic

Camden Classic

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Camden Classic Empty Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:33 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

The Morphy Mongrel
ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
less than 30 entries in the Camden Classic, both M and F? 16 in mens gift, mainly juniors. Camden entries have to be way down. People sick of lotto system?

2Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:36 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

The Morphy Mongrel wrote:less than 30 entries in the Camden Classic, both M and F? 16 in mens gift, mainly juniors. Camden entries have to be way down. People sick of lotto system?

Dont panic it will get better Laughing Laughing Laughing

3Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Ok.boomer

U r a Low life morph

4Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm

getting2old4this

getting2old4this
More low entry numbers!! (really a low life???)

Another or rather continual failure!

5Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:03 pm

TheFatLady

I hear there's a showdown on at Adelaide oval that day.. All the action starts from 2:30pm. Be there! I will be.. "We don't like cricket... Oh No!... We love it!"

#itwillgetbetter

6Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

The Morphy Mongrel wrote:less than 30 entries in the Camden Classic, both M and F? 16 in mens gift, mainly juniors. Camden entries have to be way down. People sick of lotto system?

Hey Mongrel
Im not familiar with names , just wondering how many Vics are in the mens and womans lists.
Always a few that come over and make racing interesting.
Just tossing up wether to go to the Cricket that day or go down and watch the Vics mix it with the locals.
Would appreciate if you could let me know the Vics that are running.

7Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:55 pm

2cents

Yeah yeah low numbers, no vics. Possibly not going to be as exciting as some years blah blah blah.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why...

Instead of bashing it and repeating ourself over and over again why not build some hype around it and throw some tips out there

#makeprotrackgreatagain

8Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm

getting2old4this

getting2old4this
2cents wrote:Yeah yeah low numbers, no vics. Possibly not going to be as exciting as some years blah blah blah.

Instead of bashing it and repeating ourself over and over again why not build some hype around it and throw some tips out there

#makeprotrackgreatagain

Not possible when they think nothing is wrong and refuse to accept help! Do you think no-one has made suggestions? Build hype up under a new committee that will listen!!

9Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 pm

TheFatLady

With handicaps out.. I'd like to announce an early well done to WASPS on your 1 & 2 victory for the Men's Camden Classic this weekend. Time for some cake..

10Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:01 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Handicapping Systems Empty Re: Handicapping Systems on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:53 am

Just punched my handicapping system in to the computer for Marion and reckon Semmler runs off about 4.25 Sanderson Milera 5m and I can only find two other runners that may start under 8m.
Very very thin for a gift thats for sure.
Will be very interesting what the Computer System spits out for Semmler, December Penalty free so he has wins in the bank that must be added now.Realistically he should start off less than 4.25m but a handicapper as such would not rule him out being uncompetative completely so it will be interesting how much weight is given out by the Computer.To be to harsh on him , he may as well hang up his blocks.

After 2 meetings the New System is almost there, Semmler off 4.00m
But oh no they cant be told , fancy having him as far back as 1.75m
New System cost mega bucks , Cheatah zero and after two meetings the mega system is actually seeing it the way Cheatah sees it , or is the AGM coming up a bit to quick.

11Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Townsville

2cents wrote:Yeah yeah low numbers, no vics. Possibly not going to be as exciting as some years blah blah blah.

#makeprotrackgreatagain

And why would that be?

Here's some tips -

- release handicaps earlier (and yes Wednesday evening is greatly improved from Friday evening).
- prepare a stewards report after each meeting outlining what decisions were made and why.
- pay prizemoney

I've got about a hundred tips but let's knock them off one at a time

12Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Townsville wrote:

#makeprotrackgreatagain

And why would that be?  

Here's some tips -

- release handicaps earlier (and yes Wednesday evening is greatly improved from Friday evening).
- prepare a stewards report after each meeting outlining what decisions were made and why.
- pay prizemoney

I've got about a hundred tips but let's knock them off one at a time
Dont get to excited Towny.
Handicaps were released early this week to satisfy Rowstons needs for the Camden Classic Function Friday night Calcutta and maybe programs.
Got to keep the boy happy as they would like him to run as President next season and keep the System.
Amazing they can do it for the Bay and Camden , the two biggest meetings and cant get then out early for the little meetings .
Both those meetings are to help Rowston get the programs out , nothing else.

13Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Just a reminder to everyone , BE VERY CAREFUL in outlaying big amounts of money at the Calcutta on Fri night as theres a chance your runner could be DQ or rehandicapped between heat and final.
Would hate for someone to bid up big and lose their money in this way. Twisted Evil

14Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:41 am

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

For those going to the Calcutta here is Cheatahs top picks.
Mens Classic

Houlihan..Quality runner on a gift of a mark.Ran from the Red at Loxton in 2015, Rounded up the whole field in an astonishing performance off 20m in 33.16, had to see it to believe it.Anywhere near that form he will be very hard to run down
Boden..Won the Classic way back in 2010 as a pup in 46.83 off 13m , now has 22m.Walked around at the first meeting of the season over 400m , 49.26 off 23m.Very pedestrian for an athlete the quality of this runner.Obviously has been leaked plenty of information to how the system works and has stayed out of 400m races for most of the season.
Atkins ..Another who has been given good information on how the System works , been seen jog trotting just in behind the major players of races .
Bird... Another who seems to know how the system works as well .Checked out of it at Marion ,would be in the Stewards report I should imagine when we see one.Dont go on that run , he is ready.
Buchanan and De Ruvo will give good accounts of themselves but
obviously havent been getting fed the right information how the system works and are on hard marks for young bucks.
Top four runners didnt run at Victor over 400m .The new system is scaring athletes away from running when a race they have aimed for is coming up.
Camden Womens Classic
Whoever can knock over Kayla Lemm wins.Lemm ran 38.62 at Brighton over 300m.Only runner to break 39.00.Had to do it hard on the outside.Goes out to 38m.Ran 55.55 off 34 last year, goes out to 38m and her form is much better this season.
The Committee girls and Hollick all have good 400m marks compared to their 300m marks but Lemm has a bit more Class than those girls, by Class I mean the ability to press the button and accellerate.

15Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:57 am

Timber

Timber agrees with Cheetah, Houlihan for the win dark horse Sheffield, for the women once again I agree with Cheetah Lemm but dont underestimate Koukos

16Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:00 pm

Steve Buscemi

The real question is when will all the prizemoney be paiD!

17Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:20 pm

2cents

Cheatah seems pretty well spot on. Another one for the men’s... Jai Perry, ran 47.44 off 29 on New Years Day. If he decides to make the trip over should be in the mix.

18Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Spectator

"Camden Womens Classic
Whoever can knock over Kayla Lemm wins.Lemm ran 38.62 at Brighton over 300m.Only runner to break 39.00.Had to do it hard on the outside.Goes out to 38m.Ran 55.55 off 34 last year, goes out to 38m and her form is much better this season.
The Committee girls and Hollick all have good 400m marks compared to their 300m marks but Lemm has a bit more Class than those girls, by Class I mean the ability to press the button and accellerate." Quote

Might be on the money there, some very generous marks in the womens 400.
No idea how some athletes are moved forward and back when target times are not even close.
Were a few backmarkers jogging around the 400 at Victor, can only assume they were hanging onto their handicaps for Camden.
Expect them to be whistling along when the big money is up for grabs !!

19Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Ok.boomer

This whole system has created a legitimate way to cheat. This sport is the pits.

20Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Steve Buscemi

Ok.boomer wrote:This whole system has created a legitimate way to cheat. This sport is the pits.

Hi Boomer, remember to pm when you get a chance!

The system is working great guns if your stable has a spot on the table or have connections to the 3 amigos !

21Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:03 pm

2cents

Ok.boomer wrote:This whole system has created a legitimate way to cheat. This sport is the pits.

I thought you were all for it boomer

22Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:06 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Can someone tell me how the Presidents daughter , trained by the Vice President was allocated 5.25 at Victor Harbor DID NOT RUN  then gets a lift of 1.50 to 6.75 for Camden.
We are told the system isnt corrupt and theres no favourtism but surely, the pair of you must have to be , if you are human be terribly embarrassed about her handicap.
Please dont wait until the end of the season to walk , do us all a favour and walk now or step in and have the handicap altered.

23Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:54 am

racingmania

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH wrote:Can someone tell me how the Presidents daughter , trained by the Vice President was allocated 5.25 at Victor Harbor DID NOT RUN  then gets a lift of 1.50 to 6.75 for Camden.
We are told the system isnt corrupt and theres no favourtism but surely, the pair of you must have to be , if you are human be terribly embarrassed about her handicap.
Please dont wait until the end of the season to walk , do us all a favour and walk now or step in and have the handicap altered.

Why they’re at it, walk us through how 3rd at the Bay in 14.11.....off the same mark....runs a pitiful 5th in semi at Victor in 15.11. And no questions asked?
This sport has become a plaything for those in high places.

And......Jai Perry better not be banking on keeping 29 at Camden.....The Ashley Brooke rule designed fast interstaters might be used again.

24Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:50 am

Timber

I guess when Stallan so arrogantly addressed all the athletes at Port Adelaide announcing he was doing it for us and that everything was going to be transparent, I think what he meant was that alot of athletes are going to have alot more free time because there is no point in competing anymore. So thanks MR Stallan and your committee you have given me my weekends back. I certainly get alot of entertainment from reading pro track about all the nonsense that is going on in the SAAL.

Youngy if you charge a $3 administration fee on this forum you would make alot more money than the SAAL!!!!

25Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:18 am

Spectator

Looking through some under 18 stats with bemusement.
Wonder if the same girl will make it to the podium again after her first 4 meets resulting in 4 podium finishes.
Not sure what happened to being allocated novice marks when you start at pros and having to work your way up. !
Not blaming the girl, but frustrating for other athletes that spend years and plenty of coin working towards their first podium.

26Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:06 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Spectator wrote:Looking through some under 18 stats with bemusement.
Wonder if the same girl will make it to the podium again after her first 4 meets resulting in 4 podium finishes.
Not sure what happened to being allocated novice marks when you start at pros and having to work your way up. !
Not blaming the girl, but frustrating for other athletes that spend years and plenty of coin working towards their first podium.
Correct Spectator , cant blame the girl.

27Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:19 pm

JMaloney

It’s things like this below that make the SAAL look so rediculas .
Do they not realise how obvious it is? Its cringe worthy.
The fact that think there is nothing wrong is staggering.

”Can someone tell me how the Presidents daughter , trained by the Vice President was allocated 5.25 at Victor Harbor DID NOT RUN then gets a lift of 1.50 to 6.75 for Camden.”

I’m hearing word of some more info that’s come out that probably shouldn’t have. With any luck it will surface soon enough.

28Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Steve Buscemi

JMaloney wrote:It’s things like this below that make the SAAL look so rediculas .
Do they not realise how obvious it is?  Its cringe worthy.
The fact that think there is nothing wrong is staggering.

”Can someone tell me how the Presidents daughter , trained by the Vice President was allocated 5.25 at Victor Harbor DID NOT RUN  then gets a lift of 1.50 to 6.75 for Camden.”

I’m hearing word of some more info that’s come out that probably shouldn’t have. With any luck it will surface soon enough.

See SAAL System thread and pm JM

29Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:11 pm

Giddyup

McMillan beats her anyway. 2nd at Victor & goes forward half a metre.

30Camden Classic Empty Re: Camden Classic on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:55 pm

RUN LIKE A CHEATAH

Giddyup wrote:McMillan beats her anyway. 2nd at Victor & goes forward half a metre.

Quite correct Giddy but I think some athletes are trying to get the stars all to line already for Bay Sheff 2020 this far out.
The handicap increase is not for this week at Camden but an asset to have later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum