PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gatlin guns for shot at redemption

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  Empty Gatlin guns for shot at redemption Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/athletics/gatlin-guns-for-shot-at-redemption-20110824-1ja9w.html#ixzz1VzdQU37j

Gatlin guns for shot at redemption  Gatlin_main-200x0

Gatlin guns for shot at redemption

Michael Gleeson
The Age
August 25, 2011

JUSTIN Gatlin knows he might get booed. It hasn't happened yet, but he fears it may yet come. He also knows he has little to say to those who would condemn his return to the track he was banned from five years ago, other than to seek redemption.

After serving four years of a ban for using steroids, Gatlin has made a stunning return to the US team to compete at the world athletics championships in Daegu, South Korea. Agreeing to co-operate after testing positive in 2006, Gatlin avoided a life ban and was suspended for eight years, later halved on appeal. The years in limbo left him uncertain about his future but he realised that at 29 he had time to atone.

''I have seen in the past athletes who have tested positive and on the start line all you hear is boos. I just tell everyone even if you believe me or you don't, or you're a fan of mine or you're not, I just want to come out here and run and keep it simple. I'm not out here pointing fingers or trying to plead my case,'' he said yesterday.

''I just want to come out here and run … I come back by the grace of God to make this team.''

Some will hope he bombs, others will dismiss whatever he does on the basis of drugs. He hopes some will see his effort now for what it is. Clean, and from a man who has served his time.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum