PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts Empty Lovell & Davis win St Helens Gifts Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/dynamo-davis-rounds-off-top-season-with-gift-win/2427811.aspx

Dynamo Davis rounds off top season with gift win

COREY MARTIN
The Examiner
22 Jan, 2012

BRUNY Island dynamo Michelle Davis capped off a marvellous Tasmanian Carnivals series at St Helens yesterday.

Before the season Davis had 14 career wins to her name, but her triumph over Kate Walters and Kimberly Bush in the St Helens Gift took her tally to 24.

Davis was strong in her journey to victory, winning her heat and then the final in 14.08 seconds off 10.5 metres.

``A highlight for me this season was winning in Burnie obviously, and then the Hobart Gift,'' Davis said.

``I had a little niggle in my hammy during the week, but obviously I recovered quite well.''

The men's gift was taken out by first-season campaigner Ross Lovell, who has surprised all by his rapid impression on the circuit.

Lovell ran a personal best time at training throughout the week before crossing the line in 12.39 seconds ahead of Jarrad Gilroy, who claimed his eighth second place this year.

In cycling, the Taylor twins were the talk of the day in winter-like conditions.

Twenty-year-olds Timothy and his brother Jonathan were tussling for the lead heading into the final bend before Timothy flew home to grab his first senior wheel.

Jonathan sealed third, with Brendan Geale sneaking in second for the second year in a row.

Hobart's Janelle Smith won the Women's Wheel off 90 metres, defeating Georgie Tate and Bethany Coleman.

Sixteen-time world champion Mathew Gurr won the Tasmanian 275 millimetre tree felling championship, closely followed by local axeman Michael Tucker.

In the 235mm standing chop state championship it was Goshen big-man Joe Rattray who finished on top, beating Gurr and Kevin Williams.

The next event on the East Coast chopping calendar will be held on Tuesday at Pyengana.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum