PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zeed overcomes pain to win Maribyrnong Gift

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/mohamad-zeed-claims-city-of-maribyrnong-gift/2479485.aspx

Mohamad Zeed claims City of Maribyrnong Gift

Maribyrnong Weekly
07 Mar, 2012

SURPRISE packet out-of-towner Mohamad Zeed has overcome excruciating pain to win the second annual City of Maribyrnong Gift.

The victory in the 120-metre final came at a severe cost to the Box Hill Athletic Club member, who tore a hamstring and remains in doubt for his pet 400m hurdles event at the Victorian state championships.

"My first reaction was not 'great, I won it'. It was, 'oh crap, I might have torn a hamstring'," he said.

"It's a bit of a shame, really, with the Vic champs coming up this week."

Zeed was over the moon to take the honours in the main event.

The 28-year-old, who has dreams of representing Australia on the grand stage of the Commonwealth or Olympic Games, shocked himself with his success.

"God knows where it's come from.

I didn't think I'd be able to do it. All my training is focused towards the 400m hurdles, so to be running quick at this time of the year is a surprise. I'm extremely excited to have won."

Zeed went into the event with a nothing-to-lose mentality.

His form in sprints at club level didn't point to glory at Maribyrnong.

He has worked hard with coach and girlfriend Angela Phillips to get the most out of his running.

"We're always there to watch and support each other," Zeed said. "When I need it, she'll tell me what I'm doing wrong."

Zeed gave a thumbs-up to Gift organisers for the event scheduling and preparation of the track in

a week of atrocious weather and

said he hoped to defend his title next year.

City of Maribyrnong Gift

70m Frontmarkers Mathew Pipczak Painting & Decorating Open: Morgan Deane

70m Backmarkers Tommy Weir Open: Matthew Hargreaves

120m RACV Under 20: Jimmie Gladman

120m Braybrook Sporting Club Women's Open: Susan Sinclair

1600m VCCL Novice: Chris Bridge

1600m Sunshine Collectables Open: John Thomson

300m Swazza Transport Veterans/Women's: Norman Maguire

120m City of Maribyrnong Gift: Mohamad Zeed

400m Summerhill Drafting Service Open: Peter O'Donnell

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]