PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maurice Greene has nothing to prove by running Masters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://sportingalert.com/2011/05/american-maurice-greene-has-plans-to-run-in-the-masters/

American Maurice Greene has plans to run in the masters
By Gary Smith,
Track and Field Contributor
Sporting Alerts
May 30 2011

Ostrava, Czech Republic (Sporting Alert) — Retired American track and field sprinter Maurice Greene says he has no plans to return to the sport and race in the “Masters.”

He said he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Greene, the World 60m record holder at 6.39 seconds, is also a former world record holder over 100m and a multi Olympic and World Championships gold medallist – who now spends his time enjoying the sport.

The American is currently a guest of honor at the 50th Ostrava Golden Spike meeting in the Czech Republic, which will be held on Tuesday.

Asked if he has any plans to compete in master division Greene replied: “No, really, I do not have to prove anything.”

And Greene holds no grudge at losing his 100m world record, which moved from Asafa Powell to his fellow Jamaican Usain Bolt, who now holds the mark at a blistering 9.58secs.

“It is OK that the sprint records change,” he said. “It means that the event is developing and nobody wants to see the same things for too long.”

Meanwhile, Greene admits that Bolt, the reigning world and Olympic sprint double champion, has been the leading-light in the sprinting events ever since he decided to take up the 100m, prior to his Beijing Olympic glory.

And the American who won the sprint double at the world championships in Sevilla in 1999, said there isn’t a lot of things that ‘impressed him in athletics’, but admits that Bolt transition has.

“There are not many things that can make me impressed in the athletics,” confessed Greene, the Sydney Olympic 100m champion in 2000.

“But one of these things was when Usain Bolt appeared at 100m. I think everybody was amazed with what he did with both world records.”

He added: “We will always get faster somehow. I do not want to estimate it. Everything is developing – the running technique, technologies and also human abilities.”

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum