PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe Empty Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) off to Europe Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:21 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/tamsyn-plans-to-start-a-whole-new-game/story-e6frf96o-1226086302536

Tamsyn plans to start a whole new game

By Catherine Lambert
Sunday Herald Sun
July 02, 2011

TRACK golden girl Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) has revealed she will hang up her runners to start a family after the Olympics next year.

The athletics champion, now known by her married name, heads off to Europe this week to compete on the European circuit.

She will be based in London, staying with former running great Sir Sebastian Coe, to train and hopefully compete in her last Olympic Games in London next year.

"That's my goal and then I'll retire," Manou said.

"I don't want to be running all the time and I don't want to travel as much. I miss my friends and family when I travel, even though I'm good at creating a home away from home and look forward to seeing everyone over there."

The 32-year-old married former Test cricketer Graham Manou last month, followed by a honeymoon in Hawaii.

Manou said she would like to start a family soon after retiring.

"I definitely want children, so that's hopefully on the horizon," she said.

But for the moment she is completely focused on the world championships in South Korea in late August, followed by Olympic trials early next year. She has switched her event from the 400m and the 400m hurdles to the 800m.

"It's not normal to change events but I've always been one of those athletes who has been able to do lots of events," she said.

Manou will be back in Melbourne on October 9 to participate in the Marathon Festival for the Cerebral Palsy Education Centre.

As ambassador, she will be leading an expected 100 kids in a 3km walk and the young boy who first opened her eyes to the condition, Tate Kemp, will be by her side.

People interested in participating in the walk or marathon run can register at www.melbournemarathon.com.au

https://protrack.forumotion.com

gg

Anonymous

"It's not normal to change events but I've always been one of those athletes who has been able to do lots of events," she said.

lol! Oh gosh, Beijing said otherwise. Focus on the one, switching training constantly surely detracts.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum