PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Sandringham Results EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Sandringham Results EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Sandringham Results EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Sandringham Results EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Sandringham Results EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Sandringham Results EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Sandringham Results EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Sandringham Results EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Sandringham Results EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sandringham Results

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 am

Anonymous

Looks like we will see another Rooke this season start as favourite come Easter! Tim Rooke been hiding his time and sliding under Goldys guard. 10.40 and 21.06 to his name. Pretty handy off his mark. Waiting for him to take a win to get his extra metre before New Years. Well played sir, well played indeed!

2Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Anonymous

Bit new to this as I follow my kids around. Question for someone. Seems that every time I attend a race meeting that Tim Rosen always wins a race. Was at Sandy on Sunday and he wins a race starting in front of most runners and almost wins another race. The kids coach says the aim is for the wins to be shared around? Last year he won heaps of races. Is he just too good for everyone else? Or am I missing something. Just trying to understand the sport more as I come from a hockey background but the kids like running. Cheers Bang Bang

3Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Anonymous

"Bit new to this as I follow my kids around. Question for someone. Seems that every time I attend a race meeting that Tim Rosen always wins a race. Was at Sandy on Sunday and he wins a race starting in front of most runners and almost wins another race. The kids coach says the aim is for the wins to be shared around? Last year he won heaps of races. Is he just too good for everyone else? Or am I missing something. Just trying to understand the sport more as I come from a hockey background but the kids like running. Cheers Bang Bang"

Hi Bang Bang. I'm happy to respond to this myself.
Firstly, I wish I won a race every time! In 7 seasons of VAL running I have won 9 races (And a pre season event). And none of these have been "big prize money" or "group 1" races unfortunately. I had only won 1 race in my first 4 seasons.

There are many factors at play. A lot of pro runners target specific races, and peak for those races. They are more than capable of winning races before then, but choose not to or don't run in them.
I run to the best of my ability at every meet. Which is probably to my own detriment at times as it hurts my chances of winning bigger races, but it's just my attitude towards the sport. If I'm in a race, I want to win it. If I don't want to win it, then I won't run!

Also, I have worked my ass off all winter and turned up in very good shape at the start of both last season and this season. Early in the season other runners might not be at their best yet. Which has allowed me to capitalise and win races early in the season.

The wins have also been over a variety of distances. 70, 120, 200, 300, 400.

There are a lot of sacrifices that go into each of those wins. Financially, physically and mentally. I can tell you now, hurling my guts up at black rock ramps in 5 degree weather in the middle of winter while some of my mates eat pizza and drink all weekend is not a choice any sane person would make Wink But I love it. So I do it.

If you have any other questions feel free to respond.

Tim

4Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Anonymous

Hi Tim, thanks for letting me know all of that. Well done the hard work pays off, I will keep watching for you when I attend with the kids. Yeah I love it too, Pizza that is just like some of your mates haha! Good luck when you run again. Bang Bang

5Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 am

Anonymous

Any news on Luke Stevens hamstring injury. it didn't look that good when he finished.

6Sandringham Results Empty Re: Sandringham Results Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Anonymous

Word is Luke Stevens strained a hammy and out for 4 weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum