PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Wangaratta Gift EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Wangaratta Gift EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Wangaratta Gift EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Wangaratta Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Wangaratta Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Wangaratta Gift EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Wangaratta Gift EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Wangaratta Gift EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Wangaratta Gift EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wangaratta Gift

Who wins the 120m Gift?

Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap0%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap1%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap12%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 12% [ 20 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap1%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap2%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 2% [ 3 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap11%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 11% [ 18 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap13%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 13% [ 21 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap4%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 4% [ 7 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap3%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 3% [ 5 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap25%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 25% [ 41 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap1%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 1% [ 2 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap15%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 15% [ 25 ]
Wangaratta Gift Vote_lcap2%Wangaratta Gift Vote_rcap 2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 163

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wangaratta Gift Empty Wangaratta Gift Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Anonymous

An open gift always holds some intrigue. With larger limits some of the old boys try and show that they can still mix it with some young ones. Small field again but a quality on. I am predicting that 12.35 or better will be required to win this one.

Who do you like?

2Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 pm

Anonymous

Tips : Rosen to Go Bang at Wang!!
Big Show Bailey a close 2nd for the quinella and Burleigh to fill the trifecta

3Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:26 am

Anonymous

Some good early voting for what is always a quality race. My picks:

Boulton
Boulton should go close here, but takes a while to get going. If he nails the start he will be up to his eyeballs in it. I have him 3rd.

Newman
Been some time since I have seen Newman run. Has he improved since last season? Final but no podium.

Green
Green is an interesting one. He can move but his running style is deceptive - does he have any more in the tank or have we seen his best already? Based on Rye Bailey should have his number unless he has found more.

Bailey
Bailey is a top 2 chance. His run at St Albans 70m was impressive and he looks to be in good shape. However, I don’t have him as the winner.

Burleigh
Off Rye results, Burleigh looks good for the win here. Does he want to keep 10m for Stawell and run around 12.35 or go for another win here? If he has a crack, this will come down to whether Bailey can reel him in late - I don’t think he can.

Rosen
Off 15m Rosen will give them something to chase. He doesn’t seem to be in form at the moment - maybe Bill Clinton is getting to him. Final but no podium.

Paull
I don’t have him in the final but there are a lot of votes for him. It is nice to see Paull back running again. I remember running against him a few years ago and he was always a good sport. Unfortunately a good attitude will only get you so far. I think he is still several metres off the pace, but good on him for getting back out there.

4Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 am

Anonymous

Hey guys, to everyone going up, please get out to the outer communities and be a tourist in our own backyard! Support then community

5Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 am

Anonymous

Final:
Dunmall 4.5
Green 6.75
Boulton 6
Bailey 7.25
Burleigh 9.25
Punchihewa 9.75

Big Show Bailey goes back to back from Burleigh with local lad Boulton rounding out the podium.

Antonino, Lugo, Mistarz, J Ireland will also challenge for final spots. Will be interesting to see what Ware runs this weekend.

Not sure how Burleigh is back to 9.25m?
Won at Rye off 10m, incurred the 1m minimum penalty for the 6k race.
Allocated 9m at St Albans, did not run but is listed with 9.25m this week.
Started on 9.75, AP at Warrnambool x2 and Terang lifted to 10m for Rye. 3rd in final at Waverley = no AP, so should require 3 AP on 9m before being entitled to a lift?

Rosen didn't run on Saturday, hope it wasn't another hammy flare up.

6Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 am

Anonymous

The 3 B’s for the trifecta
Boulton
Burleigh
Bailey
Also expect both the fast finishers Kardakovski and the Rosenator to push for top 3

7Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 am

Anonymous

The 3 B’s for the trifecta
Boulton
Burleigh
Bailey
Also expect both the fast finishers Kardakovski and the Rosenator to push for top 3

8Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am

Anonymous

Bolton
Bailey
Green
And my winner will be paull hiding all year and his starting to show some form, when ready he will let go of the e brake

9Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:43 am

Anonymous

Gemm wrote:Bolton
Bailey
Green
And my winner will be paull hiding all year and his starting to show some form, when ready he will let go of the e brake

You must know something we don't Gemm? Only form he'll be showing will be off the track me thinks...

10Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:30 am

Anonymous

Bolton
Bailey
Rosen

Last edited by Tiles on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Anonymous

At least if Paull runs the 800, gift and 400 it will keep him off the piss until at least 9.30pm. He is a pest when he drinks during the day.

12Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Anonymous

Ribera wrote:At least if Paull runs the 800, gift and 400 it will keep him off the piss until at least 9.30pm. He is a pest when he drinks during the day.

The VAL surely wouldn’t allow running all those races in one day......would they........?

13Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Anonymous

Ribera wrote:At least if Paull runs the 800, gift and 400 it will keep him off the piss until at least 9.30pm. He is a pest when he drinks during the day.

Lets hope there are no jukeboxes at the Wang hotel Very Happy

14Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am

Anonymous

Downesy wrote:

The VAL surely wouldn’t allow running all those races in one day......would they........?

I believe they already do......Paull a notable regular across varying distances in the same race meet....the other......Shaun Hargreaves running the gift, 400 and 800 across multiple meets. Lets hope the VAL handicappers don't reward them for their "efforts" lol!

15Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 am

Anonymous

golden1 wrote:
Downesy wrote:

I believe they already do......Paull a notable regular across varying distances in the same race meet....the other......Shaun Hargreaves running the gift, 400 and 800 across multiple meets. Lets hope the VAL handicappers don't reward them for their "efforts" lol!

Not sure where you’re going with this golden1 - hope you’re not suggesting Paull isn’t giving enough effort. Poor bloke has been battling injury and weight issues so great to see him able to run again and hopefully he can get back to his 2015/16 form!

16Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 am

Anonymous

thespy wrote:
golden1 wrote:
Downesy wrote:

Not sure where you’re going with this golden1 - hope you’re not suggesting Paull isn’t giving enough effort. Poor bloke has been battling injury and weight issues so great to see him able to run again and hopefully he can get back to his 2015/16 form!

Thespy - all I said was "efforts" - if that's your interpretation of the English language then happy days brother! However it sounds like you are suggesting Paull is running fat to fit. I hope this is not the case! if so then shame on you!

17Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 am

Anonymous

golden1 wrote:
thespy wrote:
golden1 wrote:
Downesy wrote:

Thespy - all I said was "efforts" - if that's your interpretation of the English language then happy days brother! However it sounds like you are suggesting Paull is running fat to fit. I hope this is not the case! if so then shame on you!

Hardly - he has barely run from 2017-2019, for the reasons I mentioned, but is now back running. Honest athlete who always gives it a crack.

18Wangaratta Gift Empty Re: Wangaratta Gift Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 pm

Anonymous

Nothing compares to the old time classics. In the old days farmers used to come in to Wangaratta to pit their young charge against those from the other stations. Often large sums were bet with the multiple bookies in attendance. Before OHS guidelines changed our world, they used to string lights across the track and turn the main light towers off. It was quite the spectacle. I will link one of these races to my twitter.
As you can probably tell, I hold Wangaratta extremely high, I have it in my top few gifts to win. Hopefully the winner this year will recognise the history of this race.

Jack Boulton 6m - 12% - If 'Jumpin Jack Flash' has been hiding anything, I feel he lets it rip here. He is an absolute talent and I am looking forwards to his involvement in athletics for many years to come. Can he win here and take some prize money to help with his travel? I think he makes the final but I think that he will only run 12.5 at best and that will not be enough to win.

Aidan Green 6.75m - 11% - Green 'Street hooligan' is another who will make the final. I think that he has a win in him soon. He didn't get to Bailey at Rye which indicates to me that he wont win this week. I feel that he will push Bailey along but not run over the top of him. Definite final, top two.

Jason Bailey 7.25m - 13% - Bad Boy Bailey probably starts my favourite. I think he has this field covered and may go back to back. You will know if he is on if he has his strut going and ignores you when you say hello. I have him saluting.

Dion Paull 10m - 25% - I have heard some nick names for Dion so will give it a go. Dion 'Dad bod' Paull is more likely to be sucking on a cruiser at the pub on Saturday night than winning the gift. I feel that 'Cruiser' has been stitched up by a number of training partners of something of the like. Prior to his multiple injuries, 'Cruiser' made many gift finals and quality ones at that. I just can't see him doing any damage to the main chances here. Good to see him back though. Hopefully The Spy appreciates my tongue in cheek comments and the 'boys' can have a laugh about it tomorrow under the tent.

Tim Rosen 15m - 15% - Our weekly update on 'The King of the Gifts'. Tim is running, Tim has votes, Tim respects traditions of our sport, Tim would love to take a win here. I don't think he can hold off Bailey. He is improving again but a final at best.

As a side note, I love when athletes talk about themselves in the third person. I also love when athletes talk to themselves on the forum. It makes me laugh. Maybe I should start a new account called Nacho and have a disagreement with myself.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum