PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tyson Gay & Christophe Lemaitre exchange words in lead up to Paris DL

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://blanconegro.extranet-e.net/index.ies?act=show&mid=1052254533&k=5208ee0253a018db28a1c3cda31d9f1b&email=gh@trackandfieldnews.com&ab=0&co=0

Gay / Lemaitre, the weighing of words before the shock of the track

Paris Diamond League
Press Release
05 July 2012

They’ll be together again on Friday evening, at the foot of a straight line, at the start of a 100m, which promises to be one of the most exciting moments of the MEETING AREVA 2012. However, before challenging each other on the Stade de France track, Tyson Gay and Christophe Lemaitre shared the spotlight at a press conference, yesterday afternoon, in the Parisian offices of Areva, title partner to the French leg of the Diamond League. It was a restrained face-to-face, though one which was brimming with lessons and always pertinent, like these two champions. The American and the Frenchman weren’t saying a lot. However, they know all about eloquence. Extracts.

On their current fitness

Tyson Gay: “I feel a bit jet-lagged today but a training session on Thursday should get me right up to speed again. I feel good at the moment. I ran a bit short to take the win at the American trials, especially against Justin Gatlin, who’s done a massive amount of work this season, especially as regards his starting phase. However my 2nd place (9’’86) is the best result I could achieve that day.”

Christophe Lemaitre: “Despite the repeated races during the European championships in Helsinki, I don’t feel tired. I find it a bit difficult to leave home again so soon after arriving back there, but I did two good training sessions on Tuesday in Aix-les-Bains, focusing on the start and speed. I rediscovered some fluid body movements. I’m fit. I feel good. I hope to be able to transcribe all that onto the track in Friday’s race so I can run a good time.”

About their objectives at the MEETING AREVA

Tyson Gay: “I really want to put the onus on my starting phase. It’s my first participation in this meeting. I know that the Stade de France is very big and there’s going to be a big atmosphere. For me, this race is of great importance.”

Christophe Lemaitre: “To my mind, the MEETING AREVA has always been a special competition. We’re lucky to have a leg of the Diamond League in France, in front of a home crowd. I want to make the most of it to further progress with my times. I hope to be able to make the most of the 100m on Friday evening so as to continue forging ahead and further increase my peak of fitness.”

About the results of the Olympic trials in Jamaica, where Yohan Blake beat Usain Bolt twice

Tyson Gay: “I found Usain to be a bit laboured. He gave the impression that he was forcing it, which is unlike him. However, these two races don’t change things as regards the London Games. Yohan may give the impression today that he’s a bit of a cut above the rest, but the top players will be very close in terms of performance when it comes to the Games. Usain still has a month to get back into shape. He’s a major championships man.”

Christophe Lemaitre: “This season, Usain was struggling at times, particularly at the Ostrava meeting. His defeat in the 100m against Blake only came as a bit of a surprise to me. However, I was very surprised to see him beaten over 200m. He’s always said that it’s his favourite distance. I didn’t expect to see him lose that race too.”

What they think about one another

Tyson Gay: “Christophe is a great competitor. I followed his performances last summer at the world championships. He impressed me. I’ve also watched some of his races on video. I think he performs very well in the transition after the starting phase. He’s one of the best sprinters in the world.”

Christophe Lemaitre: “We haven’t yet come up against each other in competition, but Tyson is a runner with vast experience. The prospect of confronting him in the 100m in the Stade de France gives me even more impetus to run at the MEETING AREVA than in previous years. To be in the same race as him will be a high point.”

The London Games

Tyson Gay: “I’m not thinking about it too much yet. My focus has mainly been on the American trials. It’s a competition that I believed for a long time I wasn’t capable of competing in, because in March I could barely run due to the intensity of the pain after my hip injury. I want to win a medal there.”

Christophe Lemaitre: “I haven’t yet chosen which distance I’m going to run in London. What I saw from the American and Jamaican trials gave my coach, Pierre Carraz and I, a more accurate idea of what decision to take. However, we’ve decided to wait a little longer before announcing it.”

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum