PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christophe Lemaitre disappointed with his season

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.european-athletics.org/news/latest-news/517-meetings-2012/challenge-meetings/11422-lemaitre-disappointed-with-his-season.html

Lemaitre disappointed with his season

European Athletics.com

After winning the 100m in Rieti in 10.04 on Sunday, French European champion, Christophe Lemaitre, spoke to the French news agency AFP about his race: "For an end of season run, it was OK. I have equalled my season's best. I might have expected better but I am not going to turn my nose up at it. I had a good start and afterwards I lost my rhythm which forced me to adjust."

In Rieti compatriot Jimmy Vicaut was expected to be his closest rival, but he was disqualified after a false start. "Maybe it [the time] was due to a lack of preparation after the Olympics and doubtless it was to do with fatigue as well," explained Lemaitre who has also had a 10-day holiday since London. "I would have like Jimmy (Vicaut) to run with me, it's unfortunate for him. It would have helped me. We are young, we will meet again. I had it in my head to go under 10sec."

Last year, Lemaitre swooped to a personal best 9.92 at his national championships, before picking up world 200m bronze in a sparkling 19.80. This year in comparison, his times have been 10.04 and 19.91.

"I am a little disappointed with my season because I did not get a medal at the Games and that was my aim," added Lemaitre. "The positives were the French title and European title. But taken all in all there are more disappointments than positives. I was too focused on the Games, I was too fixated on my daily life. I got worked up about nothing and I am too much of a perfectionist. For example, if I slept an hour less one night, I would say 'Damn, I've slept an hour less.' I would have liked to have raced a bit more this season, more races, more challenges. Running against fast people helps me run faster."

But was there anything else that indicated that there might be a problem compared to last year? "I did a test before the Olympic Games and it told me I have lost a bit of strength. I have only two sessions of physio per week and that is maybe too little.

"In any case, in order to improve I've got to really concentrate on my technique. In training I don't have anyone to push me. I only have competition to help me improve. In France there is no one else except for Jimmy and the 4x100m squad. I have hit a ceiling but not gone backwards. But questions need to be asked in order to find out what needs to be changed."

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum