PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Terang Results EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Terang Results EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Terang Results EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Terang Results EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Terang Results EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Terang Results EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Terang Results EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Terang Results EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Terang Results EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terang Results

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Anonymous

So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

2Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Anonymous

Boom !!! Welcome to Protrack EagleEye. Huge first post Ha Ha

3Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Anonymous

And here we go again....Rosen wins people complain he's got too much mark, Rosen loses he's apparently not trying to win - I'm not too sure we can have it both ways.

eageleye - welcome to the forum and it's a pitty your first post was such a  negative one but let's take a look at what you are essentially saying.

Tim won his semi final in what 12.72 (?) which you seemingly thought was a brilliant run as you highlighted by how much he won by. Now the guy comes out and runs only .07 seconds slower in the final, loses by only .03 and you translate that to not trying and 'dogging it'.  

Maybe we watched a different race but it didn't look like he sat in the blocks, got out extra slow, pulled up at the end or decided not to dip.

Therefore could it be possible that he just got run down by a better athlete on the day?

People will come to their own conclusions, but it seems all too easy to essentially label an athlete a cheat without too much thought.

4Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:26 am

Anonymous

eagleeye wrote:So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

Hey Beagle eye, back to the drawing board. If you want credibility don't open your innings like Dave Warner on speed. Build your innings Mark Taylor style.
First up and you've gone the big tonk, missed and got clean bowled. Golden duck.
Rosen was out to stop Dunmall getting the auto stawell lift. His mate wating for stawell is not happy.

5Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:02 am

Anonymous

eagleeye wrote:So much for always trying. Won his semi final by a mile and then rosen dogged that final and then acted like he was pissed off so no one knew otherwise

I tend to write with a tongue firmly planted in a cheek regarding the polls and tips. While some of the comments are true, some are designed for fun. One thing I am sure of after a small twitter conversation with Rosen was that he was trying to win. If someone could post a video of the final for us to see that would be great.

My greatest frustration in this sport is not people like Rosen who have won races when they are there to win (Maribyrnong comes to mind) it is more about the blatant non trying and lack of this being followed up across all distances. Quite often this results in someone getting a lift that in my opinion they do not deserve.

From the results on the weekend it seems that times were relatively slow other than the 70m down the gift track. Where was someone like Eschebach? Should have been in the final with a Rosen and Dunmall.

As for Rosen, he is an interesting character. He sits out in front and guys cannot run him down. He wins races when they are there even if they are smaller gifts. I think he should focus on a bigger gift this season but I am not his coach. He did get out to a large mark early days and it is easy to highlight this which is why it does keep coming up but that is probably more to do with the system than the individual.

Maybe I am wrong and he has well and truly pulled the wool over my cataracts. Time will tell.

6Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:54 am

Anonymous

Come on people, don't feed the troll! Obvious baiting Rosen comment is obvious.

7Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 am

Anonymous

Just want to follow up on a comment Mex made about Eschebach not being in the final of the Gift. At Terang it was semi winner and 6 times through to the final with all six time coming from the second semi. Eschebach was 2nd in the first semi but didn't get through and Dunmall who won his semi went on to win the final, which brings me to my point. Why/How does the VAL persevere with using so many times for progression when clearly they aren't accurate. Too often we have the situation where nearly all the time progressions come out of the one semi final. I'm happy to see times progress but when there are 2 semi's it should be at least first 2 plus times.
I agree with your sentiments on Rosen, he was there to win and came up short.

8Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 am

Anonymous

Trackstar -3 weeks into the season and you're already calling who the Easter bunnies will be Laughing

I'm guessing who you are referring to but his time has passed for Stawell Gift. Just a little too old and off the pace to be in the mix come April, although that won't stop him having a crack (and probably at everything which maybe half the problem).

Or possibly you know something we all don't this early in the season?

9Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:08 am

Anonymous

Great to see pundits firing after quiet winter. No doubt Rosen was trying; I had misconception that everyone was trying, if not why aren't stewards rubbing them out for not trying.
Track was slow , in racing parlance soft 5, lot of give underfoot. Great run by Dunmall, Eschebach stiff to miss final, too dense to work out how times differ like that. I think even greater run by Joel Bee to win 400, off 10m in 46.7 circling the field on a non smooth surface. McNamara flying too, looks a lot stronger.

10Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:20 am

Anonymous

OldandSlow wrote:Trackstar -3 weeks into the season and you're already calling who the Easter bunnies will be  Laughing  

I'm guessing who you are referring to but his time has passed for Stawell Gift. Just a little too old and off the pace to be in the mix come April, although that won't stop him having a crack (and probably at everything which maybe half the problem).

Or possibly you know something we all don't this early in the season?

Timmy's gotta lot mates. Smile

11Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Anonymous

He has you all fooled. Dogged the start in final

12Terang Results Empty Re: Terang Results Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Anonymous

eagleeye wrote:He has you all fooled. Dogged the start in final

What and who is he trying to "fool", pray tell?

Pretty honest competitor Imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum