Registration to this forum is free!
We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
Please lurk for at least a few days before posting. This way you will get an idea of what is acceptable and what is not. If you see someone breaking the rules, assume we have not seen it rather than that we allowed it to happen.
Although the administrators and moderators of Protrack will attempt to keep objectionable messages off this forum we do not preview messages. All messages express the views of the author and neither the owners of Protrack or Forumotion (developers of the forum) or forum moderators will be held responsible for the content of any message.
If you find material you consider harmful contact us and we will try to accommodate requests as a matter of courtesy.
The Rules of the Forum.
If you are not sure of a rule, please ask.
- These rules are very flexible... in our favour. Inventing new and interesting ways to get around them will just result in expulsion. If we think you are messing with the site, its users, their threads or board moderators your account will be banned or suspended. If you don't want to follow the rules there are plenty of other sites you can post on.
- Controversial opinions are fine if you present them properly. Muck up on this forum and you will lose your access to it, if not the entire site.
- Good-natured banter with other forum users is welcome. Enjoy yourself but you can still get pulled up if you go over the top.
- Keep it civil. Remember these are real people you are talking to. Don't bag other people just for the hell of it. Keep your posts respectful of other people. Don't post under numerous aliases just to back yourself up in an argument or bully other people. Insults won't be tolerated. Don't bait or provoke negative responses.
- Keep it clean. Lots of people, from kids to adults, use this site. Don't post racist, vulgar or adult-oriented material.
- Keep it topical. Keep your posts on the topic of the thread. If there is a new subject you want to cover search for a thread in progress on that topic or start a new one. Idle back-and-forth chit chat is best left for chat rooms. Do not, however, bump months-old threads just to prove someone's prediction was wrong or your own one was right. Start a new thread and link to the old one.
- Keep it legal. Discussing illegal activities such as drug taking allegations is not what we want this site to be about.
- Keep it referenced. When posting articles from other sites you must give due recognition to the source including a link if possible.
- Posting just a link to your own material on another board is also verboten and regarded as spam.
- Keep it truthful. You're responsible for material you post. If you value your possessions don't make up rubbish rumours about people. (Funny rumours are welcome.)
- Keep it neat. Don't post a one line reply quoting a long post. It is assumed you are replying to the post immediately above. Address your post to a user name if you need to make it clear who you're responding to, or just quote the first line or two.
- Leave out the spam. Posting links to sites or contacting people via PM advertising your web site or goods or services is not allowed. Contact us if you want to advertise.
- We sometimes filter out domain names of sites which spam. Do not evade the filter to post links to those sites. Posting the same thread across multiple threads is counted as spam, even if it is non-commercial.
- Do not download Private Messages and put them in the public domain including sending via other electronic media to third parties for the purposes of cyber bullying.
- Cyberstalking is just weird. Protrack is just a web site. Following people around and posting negative rubbish on every thread they start or every response they post is just weird. Don't do it.
- Don't claim some arbitrary minimum number of posts is "stalking". If we think you're hassling someone excessively your account & IP address will be suspended or banned.
- Similarly, playing internet detective and posting a user's personal details without their permission is forbidden. Whether or not those details appear elsewhere on the web many users don't want their personal details associated with their screen name.
- Keep it non-violent. Even if you're not serious, the target of your "I'm gonna get you for that" comment only has to believe they are in danger of physical harm for it to be taken seriously. It's not worth getting kicked out over. And you will probably be kicked out over it.
- Take it on the chin. If you get a warning or a suspension don't fly off the handle. You'll only get yourself in deeper. Make your case clearly and respectfully and you might be heard. Chuck a tanty and you might get the flick. Creating new user accounts to get around bans or restrictions WILL increase your suspension or get you booted off the site. Masking or altering your IP is reasonably easily spotted so don't waste your time on it. Contact the Admins for reviews of infractions and bans.
- The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove or alter your posts and threads at any time for any reason. We also reserve the right to suspend, restrict or completely block your user account at any time for any reason. If you don't receive a reason or notification of an action please ask.
To report an objectionable post, contact the admin or a moderator via a private message.
These rules are subject to change without notice. Please check this page on a regular basis for changes, additions and deletions.
Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total