PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Totally Transparent Handicapping - do we want it?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

I come from a mis-spent youth where I sat in smokey rooms and played chess for money.

In the chess world, there is a ratings system which is totally transparent - all the formulae are published, all the results are published, anyone can check the arithmetic that determines their rating from their results ...

The chess equivalent of a handicapper (a ratings officer) has an easy job in this world of cheap fast computers - put in the results, run off the new ratings list.

I reckon it is time for pro running to get into the 21st century on this.

Why not the SAAL first?

What do people think about the idea of making handicapping totally transparent?

I reckon there will need to be a system for qualifying results (so that results classified as dodgy do not affect the ratings used to derive handicaps) - this is very messy now as evidenced by recent exchanges between athletes, coaches, officials and the public.

Maybe people could appeal if they are stuck with a dodgy run charge?

There are details to work out, but the sport needs this change, I reckon.

Anonymous

Interesting subject stokesy. In the VAL we have an attempt at a transparent system. I think the problem with having a transparent system is that the method of manipulating the system is also clear. what do others think? Should this subject be in the general section?

Anonymous

hey March Hare, yes, I boobooed when I made the topic here in the SAAL Results section, I agree it would be better in the General Section ... maybe Youngy can move it ... nah he is too busy ... I will start a new topic in the General Section, same name and same first post ... see you there

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum