PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mather streaks away with the Opal (& VIDEO of FINAL)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/cycling/mather-masters-opal/2484459.aspx

Mather masters Opal

ADAM BOURKE
Bendigo Advertiser
12 Mar, 2012

JOSH Mather is hoping to use his stunning win in last night’s Black Opal 400m final as a springboard to national honours.
The 18-year-old from Melbourne dominated his heat and semi-final before cruising to the biggest win of his career in the final.

“I came seventh in this race last year, so I was really keen to go better this year,’’ Mather said.

“I’ve felt good all weekend. My heat and semi-final runs were good.

“The final was tougher, but I always felt I was going well. It’s an amazing feeling.”

Mather (9m) ran 47.7 seconds for the 400m to defeat Jayson Hayes-Hornibrook (16m) and Rory Nunn (19m).

Mather collected the first prize of $3500 and a Black Opal valued at $9000.

After running slick times of 47.6 and 47.06 in his heat and semi-final, Mather was sent out a long odds-on favourite for the final.

“My form has been good this season without winning,’’ Mather said.

“I’ve run a few thirds and fourths and a couple of seconds.

“It’s good to win a big one like this. I’ve been working really hard for this.”

Mather said he’d love to take on Australia’s best 400m runners in the future and push for a Commonwealth and/or Olympic Games berth.

“I’m keen to have a crack at the amateurs down the track,’’ Mather said.

“I still aspire to run for Australia one day.

“I’ve got a lot of improving to do, but if I stick at it anything could happen.”

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Youngy

Admin
Admin

Black Opal 400m Final

120m Bendigo Thousand FINAL

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Anonymous

What was red doing in the 120m final turning his head 5m before crossing the line?

Good example of a 400m there as well.. Matty H in the red looked in a great position getting onto the winner early (maybe too early) but excellent kick home from Josh. One day I'll have to make it over to Bendigo for the Opal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum