PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2396:berts-presence-at-racers-a-big-plus&catid=3806:lead-stories&Itemid=82

Bert’s presence at Racers a big plus
By Anthony Foster,
trackalerts.com
Sunday, 31 October 2010

President of Racers Track Club, Glen Mills, said the decision made by him to bring World Championship 400m gold medallist Bert Cameron onto his club's coaching staff, was justified with last season's performance of Jermaine Gonzales.

Gonzales, who has been knocking on Jamaica's national record door all season, ran 44.40 seconds, to beat Roxbert Martin's previous record of 44.49 secs, set back in 1997. Gonzales' record run was done this past summer, July 22nd, at the 10th Samsung Diamond League meeting in Monaco.

"Bert has been doing a very good job with him," said Mills of Gonzales, adding, "I don't want to take too much credit, but if I may say so, it was a great move on my part, to bring him in, not just as Jermaine's coach, but also as his mentor ....

Mills continued, "It's a competitive world and when you haven't had the continued success that is expected coming out of high school, that period of doldrums brings uncertainty in one's mind. Then for you to have someone who has been to the top and who has gone through it, relate to you and your situation, makes a big difference. It has worked tremendously for Gonzales.

Mills also said the performance of Gonzales, the 2006 Commonwealth Games bronze medalist, did not surprise him; he saw it coming in progressions.

COMMENTS at TRACKALERTS
Comments #3
bayreuth lewis

04 November 2010
Good move racers. I think by London 2012 bar any injury gonzales will take down warner.

quote Quote #2
Laurie Foster
31 October 2010

Bert has been around and has gained lots of experience and coming from his ''83 world champion status and the knowledge gained over time, he could be an ideal man for the job, and with the performance of JG, that seems to be confirming itself, good job and good luck, world champion

Quote #1
PC
31 October 2010
I hope Bert Cameron stays at Racers, for I think he can be the successor to Glen Mills when he retires. Good job Mas Bert!

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Anonymous

Who has the strongest set up, Mills or Francis?

How good

Anonymous

Racers have 4 guys under 10sec.

Usain Bolt - 9.58
Yohan Blake - 9.89
Daniel Bailey - 9.91
Mario Forsyth - 9.99 now 9.95

Racers Track Club

MEN - 32
Daniel Bailey
Usain Bolt
Yohan Blake
Jermaine Gonzales
Ricardo Francis
Ricardo Chambers
Warren Weir
Kenroy Anderson
Sebastian Thompson
Jason Young
Mario Forsythe
Remaldo Rose
Josef Robertson
Chumaine Fitten
Markino Buckley
Justin Gooding
Marvin Anderson
Allodin Fothergill
Kerone Robinson
Sandor Pennicott
Edino Steele
Rolando Palacios
Demar Murray
Jermaine Gayle
Kemar Bailey-Cole
Toby Sandeman
Tarik Edwards
Jerome Myers
Brandon Tomlinson
Evon Duhaney
Annsert Whyte
Maurice Campbell

WOMEN- 7
Rosemarie Whyte
Schillonie Calvert
Sonita Sutherland
Celia Walters
Shereefa Lloyd
Davita Prendergast
Sheneil Stephenson

Racers have a lot more depth in its mens ranks.

MVP (Stephen Francis)

Three sub 10sec runners.
Asafa Powell - 9.72
Nesta Carter - 9.78
Michael Frater - 9.97

With girls like
Shelly-Ann Fraser
Melaine Walker,
Brigitte Foster-Hylton
Shericka Williams.

MVP probably has the better women's squad.

How good

Anonymous

correction, Mario Forsythe has a 9.95 PB, which he ran in Rieti, Italy on 29th Agust 2010

Anonymous

What is the MVP full list?

Do you have a break down of which countries they represent?

Anonymous

I think MVP train on synthetic now days, but for a long while they trained on a grass track.

Quality of the track not great but those using it certainly are.

Nice to know that if you haven't got a state of the art synthetic track at your disposal, that a decent grass track can suffice.

By the look of the track, our sprint track at Ellis Park doesn't seem so bad!

Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff MVP8
Michael Frater training.

Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff MVP7
Keeping a record of results.

Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff MVP5
Plenty of talent amongst the girls at MVP.

Bert Cameron an asset to Racers coaching staff MVP3
Coach Steve Francis & Frater (grey shorts).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum