PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2047762/albury-wodonga-gift-win-raises-dilemma-for-luke-stevens/?cs=10

Albury-Wodonga Gift win raises dilemma for Luke Stevens

By BRAD WORRALL
Border Mail
Jan. 26, 2014

A FIRST-season runner has won the $6000 Albury-Wodonga Gift.

Luke Stevens took up sprinting to help his football but may now have to re-evaluate his future.

The 19-year-old, from Tarneit, in Melbourne, won in a photo-finish from veteran Mark Hignett, who has a Stawell Gift second in his resume.

Matt Carter couldn’t repeat his heat, the equivalent of 10.3 seconds for 100 metres, that put him among the fastest in the country.

Stevens said he had no idea of who had won and wasn’t looking when he crossed the line.

“I never really expected to win a gift,” he said.

“I took up running to improve my fitness and have trained rain, hail or shine.

“Thankfully, the hard work has paid off.

“I was just happy to make the finals here.”

Stevens was part of a unique double for Werribee trainer John Henry.

Stablemate Matt Hargreaves won the Wangaratta Gift on Saturday night.

But Hargreaves was run out at Albury by the man he beat the night before.

“That’s running, I’m pretty happy to have won the Wangaratta race — I’ve been trying to win it for 10 years,” he said.

“Now that Luke has made it a double it is even sweeter.”

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum