PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' Empty Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:00 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://sport.uk.msn.com/olympics-2012/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=157870325

Usain Bolt aiming for a fast 'London' 75A1C5C78DF954C5B4199A8DB17DDF
Usain Bolt said 400m training is too tough.

Usain Bolt: London 2012 will be my fastest race

In an exclusive interview with MSN Sport, Olympic champion Usain Bolt talks about London 2012, his rivalry with Tyson Gay and running the 400m.

The sprinter predicted he will be at the top of his physical form when he hits 26 around the time of the London Olympics next year.

However, he all but ruled out trying the 400m, saying he didn't fancy the "hard work" involved.

"I definitely think I can go faster. There is always room for improvement and I will peak at 26-years-old, which is next year so I think I have scope to go faster," he told MSN Sport.

"You never know, I may be the one to run 9.4secs. I'd really like that."

10 things not to miss at the Olympics 2012

Bolt's 26th birthday comes less than 3 weeks after the 100m final on 5 August. His presence at the Games has proved to be the major selling point with more than a million people applying for just 40,000 tickets to the event.

But the Jamaican, famed for his languid running style, indicated that he won't be giving fans the opportunity to see a clean sweep of all the short distance races, including the 400m.

"It is such hard work and I do not think I am ready to work that hard," he said, adding that his coach will make the final decision.

Carl Lewis told MSN earlier this month that it would be "ridiculous" for Bolt to attempt to emulate his feat of collecting long-jump and sprinting golds, because of the technical difficulty of the former discipline.

The buzz around London 2012 is already being felt in Jamaica, Bolt revealed. But he admitted his favourite place to compete was actually the French capital partly because of the quality of the chicken nuggets there.

"There is a lot of things that I like about Paris, the weather is often good - I never really had a bad time in Paris weatherwise - the food, the KFC, is good there also [and] I like the clubs."

Usain Bolt sluggish with 9.91secs.
Bolt is a role model, not just for Jamaicans but, the world over. But when asked who did he look to he replied, "When I was growing up, it was Michael Johnson, Herb McKenley, Don Quarrie. Those are the guys I grew up on and wanted to be like. They inspired me."

The world 100m and 200m world record holder is a step ahead, literally, of his competitors, but he is wary one more than any other, "Everybody always says my main competitor is definitely Tyson Gay.

"I have heard him do some interviews where he is saying he is in good shape and he is ready and he is not scared at all of Usain Bolt and stuff like that, so I know he is ready and they'll be some good show downs this year. When two fast individuals come together it is always going to be a good race."

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum