PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/VCB-triumphs-after-controversy_9069201#ixzz1QQXwXIMK

Campbell-Brown wins 100m despite controversial false start VCB-wins
Veronica Campbell-Brown (3rd left) dips at the finish line to take the women’s
100m final at the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships at the
National Stadium last night. Kerron Stewart (right) placed second, while Jura Levy
(left) copped third. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)

VCB triumphs after controversy
BY DANIA BOGLE Observer staff reporter
Jamaican Observer
Saturday, June 25, 2011

VERONICA Campbell-Brown survived a controversial semi-final to claim the women's 100m title at the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Senior Championships at the National Stadium last night.

The multi-IAAF 100m world champion appeared to false start after she came out of the blocks very quickly on the second attempt of semi-final one after Melissa Wallace was kicked out of the race for an earlier false start.

There was clear disquiet in the Stadium when the track umpire showed a green card indicating that there was a technical fault being attributed to the entire field.

Campbell-Brown went on to win the heat in the fastest qualifying time of 10.95 seconds ahead of Aleen Bailey in 11.15 and returned two hours later to clock 10.84 seconds to win the final ahead of Kerron Stewart in 10.97.

Campbell-Brown addressed the issue of the semi-final.

"The meet officials did their job and I respect them and I put that behind me and I thank God for giving me the strength tonight to come out here and win," Campebll-Brown said.

Former Vere Tech star, Jura Levy, pulled a trick out of the hat, posting a personal best 11.10 seconds to finish third while Olympic Games silver medallist Sherone Simpson, who struggled in the semi-final, finished fourth in 11.15.

Former world junior champion and 2010 IAAF Diamond League winner, Kaliese Spencer ran a smooth back stretch taking the lead from the 100m mark and never looked back, as she won the women's 400m hurdles in a time of 54.16 seconds, and though she said she wasn't completely thrilled with the time, she was happy for victory.

"I wanted to do better but this is the trials. It was just for me to come out here and make sure that I book my spot for the World Championships," she told the Observer.

Former Edwin Allen schoolgirl Ristananna Tracey was the surprise of the evening, posting a new personal best, national junior record, and IAAF 'A' qualifying standard 54.58 seconds for second place. She was grinning from ear to ear as she spoke of her anticipation of competing in Daegu this summer.

"I just come out here to do nothing but my best and I think it paid off in the end," she said.

NACAC silver medallist Salcia Slack leads the women's heptathlon with 2,263 points after winning the shot put with a throw of 11.89m and finishing second in the 100m hurdles in 14.94 seconds and the high jump with 1.62m. Janieve Russell was second in the event with 2,182 points.

The excitement continues this afternoon as the battle for places in the women's 200m final begins with the semi-finals of the event. Campbell-Brown is favoured to take the double ahead of the World Championship silver medallist Stewart.

The semi-finals of the women's 400m is set for 7:15 this evening. Kaliese Spencer enters with the fastest qualifying time (50.86) ahead of Davita Prendergast (51.47). The main contenders expected to make tomorrow's final include reigning champion Novlene Williams-Mills, Shericka Williams, Shereefa Lloyd, Rosemarie Whyte, and Anastasiya Leroy.

Kenia Sinclair should be unchallenged for the title of national champion over 800m as she takes on the likes of 5K queen Tanice Barnett, college freshman and former Manchester High star Natoya Goule in her first senior competition, Clora Williams, and Stephenie McPherson.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Youngy

Admin
Admin

Controversial Women's 100m semi final at the Jamaican nationals where Veronica Campbell-Brown in lane 6 (left of screen & wearing green spikes) clearly breaks but is given the benefit of the doubt, allowed to run and ultimately wins the title.

Jamaican National Women's 100m FINAL. The winner - Veronica Campbell-Brown is in lane 5.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum