PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting Article for all those who use Creatine Monohydrate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

Take from this what you choose...

Despite widespread use as an ergogenic aid in sport, the results of this study suggest that creatine monohydrate supplementation conveys no benefit to multiple sprint running performance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Official Journal of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (USA)

This article doesn't discuss the effects of creatine monohydrate on strength and power gains. That article is titled [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (C) 2006 National Strength and Conditioning Association

So for me to conclude, I see benefit is using creatine to gain strength and muscle mass in the gym. So using it in conjunction with a specific gym program to improve strength/power will directly benefit every sprinter. The more force you can apply to the ground, the faster you can sprint (in it's simplest form of course). But if you aren't in the weight room, then creatine has no real benefit to sprinters and no real effect on speed improvement on the track. So if you take it and you do not hit the weight room, I suspect you are just wasting your money.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts and experiences on this. As we all know, we train to improve, but how well do we understand the science behind efficient and intelligent training?

Protein

Anonymous

Ta Macca. Know of any reliable studies comparing whey protein versus placebo, or better yet, whey protein post-weights versus creatine Mh/Ph?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum