PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Mullings plans to clear his name EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mullings plans to clear his name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mullings plans to clear his name Empty Mullings plans to clear his name Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:21 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=688816&vId=

Sprinter Mullings vows to clear his name

Skynews.com
Thursday November 24, 2011

Disgraced Jamaican sprinter Steve Mullings said on Wednesday that a lifetime ban handed down by a Jamaican anti-doping panel will not stop his quest to clear his name.

After his expulsion from athletics on Monday following a second doping violation in seven years, the two-time IAAF World Championships relay medallist says he and his camp will focus their attention on proving his innocence.

'At this point, myself, along with my attorneys, are focusing our time and energy on proving my innocence to world,' Mullings said in a statement.

Mullings set a 100-metre personal best of 9.80 seconds at the Prefontaine Classic in June, the fourth-fastest time last season, and became the sixth-fastest ever in the event.

But the Florida training partner of US sprint star Tyson Gay tested positive for the banned diuretic furosimide, used to mask performance-enhancing drugs, on June 24 at the Jamaican championships after finishing third in the 100m.

In 2004, Mullings had tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone and was suspended for two years.

On Monday, a three-man Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) disciplinary committee panel handed down the maximum sentence allowed, four days after finding Mullings guilty of the doping violation.

'(I am) extremely disappointed in the decision made by the panel on Monday afternoon', Mullings said, adding it would be his only comment on the matter.

Mullings had said before the panel rendered its decision that he planned to appeal his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

Mullings, who recorded seven sub-10-second 100m runs last season, is among 20 Jamaican athletes to test positive for a banned substance.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum