PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Stonnington Men's Gift EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stonnington Men's Gift

Who wins Stonnington Men's Gift?

Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap2%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 2% [ 2 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap0%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap3%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 3% [ 3 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap8%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 8% [ 9 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap1%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap4%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 4% [ 5 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap8%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 8% [ 10 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap3%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 3% [ 4 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap5%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 5% [ 6 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap3%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 3% [ 4 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap11%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 11% [ 13 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap10%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 10% [ 12 ]
Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_lcap6%Stonnington Men's Gift Vote_rcap 6% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 118

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Stonnington Men's Gift Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Anonymous

I was going to skip the polls this week but have been looking aver the entries and seen some interesting athletes. I hope Elly Graf has been placed in the wrong event. This week is a Men's and Women's Gift. Cast your votes.

2Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Anonymous

Elly Graf in the men's gift? Surely this can't be allowed. If this is allowed then men should start entering women's gifts.

3Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Anonymous

Top 3

ILETT

Newman

Rooke

4Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am

Anonymous

Wow, what a ridiculous statement Badsnowman, When women are fast enough to enter the open races when there are limits, why wouldn't they get the opportunity. Her handicap has been pulled to the limit. Breen ran stawell a few years back. Im pretty sure its 2017, i think you should put away your leopard skin clothing and club.

5Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:45 am

Anonymous

Fishbowls it's a Mens and Womens gift at Stonnington. Not Open and Womens.

6Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:12 am

Anonymous

That's exactly what I mean Dmac. This is not an open race it a a men's and women's gift. Been ran at Stawell a few years ago due to the fact the prize money was not the same as the men's gift which made it an open event

7Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:31 am

Anonymous

Yes, agree, if the prize money is at parity or close to parity then the Gifts should be classified as Men’s and Women’s, we need to move towards separate Gifts. I get it at the moment where some girls want to hide in men’s / open races because they have aspirations for a bigger gift.

We also should be aiming to merge some of the smaller gifts to get greater concentration of prizemoney and entries which in turn leads to better quality meetings. We want gifts big enough to encourage our best runners to compete.

Many runners both Men and Women were missing from Trinity just because it was not big enough to consider winning!

8Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:55 am

Anonymous

Fast wrote:Yes, agree, if the prize money is at parity or close to parity then the Gifts should be classified as Men’s and Women’s, we need to move towards separate Gifts. I get it at the moment where some girls want to hide in men’s / open races because they have aspirations for a bigger gift.

We also should be aiming to merge some of the smaller gifts to get greater concentration of prizemoney and entries which in turn leads to better quality meetings. We want gifts big enough to encourage our best runners to compete.

Many runners both Men and Women were missing from Trinity just because it was not big enough to consider winning!

I think some of the girls run in the open gifts because they get more bang for their buck. They get good racing under their belt which sets them up for winning bigger gifts, or state and national titles.

9Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Anonymous

final:
riali
mcnamara
moloney
repalust
kardakovski
whittaker

winner: repalust

10Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Anonymous

No way should Graf be able to run in the Stonnington Men's Gift. Couldn't possibly win it off 12m anyhow. Women's limit should also be 12m. 14m is ridiculous

11Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Anonymous

Totally agree with you 'Toolman'. If the prize money wasn't equal then sure, i can see why she would want to have a crack at the 10k. D

12Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Anonymous

I think there must have been a mistake- It is a Men’s Gift so therefore restricted to Men. It is not an Open Gift.

13Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Anonymous

Yes, it is a men's and women's gift, prize money is the same which means it's not an open gift. Fishbowls, you owe me an apology.

14Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Anonymous

Fast wrote:I think there must have been a mistake- It is a Men’s Gift so therefore restricted to Men. It is not an Open Gift.

Definite mistake, she will not run. I included her because she is on the entry list. You must fit within the category to run all races. Masters athletes, under age, restricted, male and female. It is up to the athletes to ensure they select the correct event and will be moved if it is incorrect and an obvious error. Pretty sure it is an obvious error but fun to leave in for the many people that took the bait. lol!

15Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 am

Anonymous

but she is also entered in the women's gift... this is no mistake she must've entered the men's gift too.

16Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:42 am

Anonymous

100m on saturday in Queensland.
Heat 2 Wind: 4.8
1 Edwards, Bradley 22 INT 10.69
2 Woodgate, James 24 UNQ 10.72
3 Mcpaul, James 18 Jimboomba Athletics 10.96
4 Mackenzie, Christian 25 Maroochy 10.98
5 Lamin, Peter 16 Thompson Estate 11.10
6 Beall, Nicholas 17 Mayne Harriers 11.15
7 Eschebach, Tim 29 QAL 11.31

Woodgate in decent form.
Eschebach ordinary?

17Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Anonymous

Hand brake for eschebach? Keeping wrapped up in cotton wool until Easter.

18Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 am

Anonymous

Mex wrote:
Fast wrote:I think there must have been a mistake- It is a Men’s Gift so therefore restricted to Men. It is not an Open Gift.

Definite mistake, she will not run. I included her because she is on the entry list. You must fit within the category to run all races. Masters athletes, under age, restricted, male and female. It is up to the athletes to ensure they select the correct event and will be moved if it is incorrect and an obvious error. Pretty sure it is an obvious error but fun to leave in for the many people that took the bait. lol!

Does that mean I can or cannot run in both of the 70mt races at Stawell ? Its equal prize money

19Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:59 am

Anonymous

If it's an open and womens then then a girl can run both. If it's men and womens then only the womens.

20Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Anonymous

Qsac times and a few of the brisbane track times need to be taken with a grain of salt. Always .2 to .3 quicker than running in melb.

21Stonnington Men's Gift Empty Re: Stonnington Men's Gift Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Anonymous

With 120 votes it is not clear as to who the real favourites are! I find that hard to believe. Either we have no idea or there are just too many chances. This final will be hot. There will be a clear favourite on time after the semi finals but they will not win. How's that for a prediction. I like a couple of the more established runners here. Let's see why.

James Woodgate 4.25m / Tim Rooke 4.5m 8% - Woodgate looks to be in some form however on closer analysis of the results posted above. there was a decent wind going on there. If he is any chance here he will take his chances of getting a lift for Stawell. Rooke won Bendigo off less than what he has in the 100m now. How fit is he? Last season I watched him but he needed work. He seems to have done some work but my guess is that he will start making finals but hit it harder next season.

Dale Woodhams 5.75m / Kevin Brittain 6m 8% - I cannot see Woodhams beating Brittain of basically levels. Woodhams can run but I think Brittain has him covered. Brittain has run sparingly this season but when he has he has shown why he was always a threat at Stawell. I like that he is targeting the next level of gifts this season. He could win this and remain competitive while he works his mark back out. Or is he retiring and going out with a bang?

Michael Voumard 8.25m / Kris Kardakovski 8.5m 11% - What a pariring! Voumard is hiding. What? Sorry, I thought everyone knew. Kardakovski has made some good finals and I have mentioned before that I am impressed with how he has improved. Not sure he has this one in him but could make the final and get closer to a big win.

Darren Whittaker 10.25m / Scott Rowsell not enough m 10% - Whittaker would be a very popular winner. He has not really moved in the gift for years and has always targeted a big race. This is for me his best chance. He clears out well early and being a little shorter in distance he may hold on. The field usually catches him late in a race. I predict he will make the final, he will lead from start to finish and never be headed! Good on you Darren for sticking at the dream of a big race and always being in the mix. Now is you time. He wins. Rowsell. No chance!

There you have it. Whittaker for a very popular win. Best of luck to all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum