PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

LaShawn Merritt given green light to defend his WC title in Daegu

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=715&Itemid=115

Track & Field News
29 June 2011

LaShawn Merritt Statement on Defending 400 Title In Daegu

Los Angeles, CA (June 29, 2011) – USA Track & Field yesterday announced that LaShawn Merritt would be a member of the United States’ team competing at the IAAF World Championships this August.

USATF’s decision was based in part on the American Arbitration Association’s finding that LaShawn had no intention to dope, no intention to gain a competitive advantage, and in fact gained no competitive advantage from his inadvertent use of a banned substance; and in part on the fact that LaShawn Merritt’s entry is in addition to the other athletes who recently qualified at the U.S. National Championships.

LaShawn Merritt issued this statement:

“I have been training hard and am looking forward to returning to competition next month. I am excited to be able to defend my world title in the 400 meters, and would like to thank USATF for their faith and confidence in me. I look forward to representing my country again this summer in Daegu, Korea.”

Howard Jacobs (counsel for LaShawn Merritt)

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum