PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

Log in

I forgot my password



Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
St Albans Womens 120m EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
St Albans Womens 120m EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
St Albans Womens 120m EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
St Albans Womens 120m EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar


You are not connected. Please login or register

St Albans Womens 120m

Who wins the Women's 120m?

St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap9%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap14%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap6%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap9%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap9%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap26%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 26% [ 9 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap9%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap0%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
St Albans Womens 120m Vote_lcap3%St Albans Womens 120m Vote_rcap 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1St Albans Womens 120m Empty St Albans Womens 120m Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

We move to a twilight meeting this week and I don't mean that series of movies. St Albans has become a very good and permanent fixture of our calendar. 49 entries for the women's 120m. Who do we like here? Only one vote this week so make it count!

2St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

MADDIE COATES

Jessica Payne

Sophia Fighera

Tara Domaschenz

Tierra Exum

Sienna Fighera

Laura-Jane Hilditch

Keely Henderson

Winner

Sophia Fighera

3St Albans Womens 120m Empty Twighlight Meetings Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

I am sure I will get hammered on this one but is there any thought for country athletes when scheduling twilight meets. While it is a Saturday meet there are people who actually work on Sundays. I guarantee that if remote meets scheduled these times their entries would be poor. Interesting to note in masters 300 that runners get two substantial lifts without running. That's hard to toss.

4St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Coates
Payne
Domaschenz
Exum
Henderson
Stevens
Pasquali
McMahon

Pasquali with lifts totalling 1.25m since the start of the season is now back to her Stawell mark of 2015 so must be a huge show to win this one. Is my tip to win.

Domaschenz after a return to form at Rye will continue that form but fall short and finish second

Coates is all class and should finish third for mine

5St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??

6St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??



The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.

7St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

I think all the juniors come back at the end of the season Untouchables just in case they improve leaps and bounds in the off season. She will get the mark back quickly if she still needs it I would think

8St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Don't really know how the lifts work in the women's, but do they normally move the maximum allowed everytime they are granted a lift ? Seems like Anna is in every final already. ... n... certainly not that generous in the open gifts.

9St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.

10St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Ding Dong I was always under the impression that an established athlete was entitled to a lift between 0.25m to .5m after three AP's in the eyes of the Handicapper and Stewards. The fact that Pasquali was lifted 0.5m from Sandringham to Warrnambool after one run means maybe this isn't the case after all. So I'm not 100% sure on that one



Last edited by Thatsthestats on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

11St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

DDog wrote:
untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.


Stawell happened last year because of the 14m limit and the handicapper being forced to lift the field 1.5m.

The SAAL at the Bay proved that you don’t need a limit of 14m and even 12 is huge for a classic.

I think you can assume that most young runners can improve 2 to 3m with a good training program and natural growth as was the case with Talia Martin.

12St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

I think its fair enough that the junior runners come back at the start of every season. They will continue to improve throughout the off season, and I don't think anyone wants to see a big percentage of young runners filling the finals every week. If they cop their pull, train hard and improve and are still competitive, then good luck to them. I know that back in the old system, you had to earn your stripes before you could expect to win anything.

13St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Too much is being made about Talia and her handicap of 13m. It was the equivalent of 11.50m if the field was not lifted. Jess Payne was on 9m and Ebony Lane on 10.25m. We have seen what these 2 athletes have achieved in the first half of this season. Off those handicaps in their current form they would have challenged Talia at Stawell last season. Not to mention Blizzard was off 7.50m after running a p.b. of 11.9 and Exum off 9.75m. If these 2 ran out of their skin like Talia, they may have been the Stawell champion.
“Thatsthestats” Page 13 of the handicap regulations will provide you the guidance you need. Pasquali’s lift after 1 run is within the rules.

14St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Fast wrote:
DDog wrote:
untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.


Stawell happened last year because of the 14m limit and the handicapper being forced to lift the field 1.5m.

The SAAL at the Bay proved that you don’t need a limit of 14m and even 12 is huge for a classic.

I think you can assume that most young runners can improve 2 to 3m with a good training program and natural growth as was the case with Talia Martin.


Yes most people got 1.50m lift for Stawell she only got 1.25m for Stawell making it 9.50m. She already had 8.25m at Bendigo and now she is going to be at 6.75m for future 120m and her mark was 7.00m for 100m and now is 5.75m.

15St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:09 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Kangaroota wrote:Too much is being made about Talia and her handicap of 13m. It was the equivalent of 11.50m if the field was not lifted. Jess Payne was on 9m and Ebony Lane on 10.25m. We have seen what these 2 athletes have achieved in the first half of this season. Off those handicaps in their current form they would have challenged Talia at Stawell last season. Not to mention Blizzard was off 7.50m after running a p.b. of 11.9 and Exum off 9.75m. If these 2 ran out of their skin like Talia, they may have been the Stawell champion.  
“Thatsthestats” Page 13 of the handicap regulations will provide you the guidance you need. Pasquali’s lift after 1 run is within the rules.

Correct Kangaroota. Martin had the resilience to run to her best and her race plan others did not and she was wrongly punished for doing so.

The issue this year will not be the juniors (their mark should rightly be capped) it will be the others that choked or didn’t run to their best last year, all they have to do is get themselves reasonably fit and lose a bit of weight and they will run mid 13’s (and that will be without a field lift) and the established backmarkers and backmarkers will not be remotely competitive. And I believe the handicapper does not have the power to realign these athletes, it will be a front markers final again.



Last edited by Fast on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

16St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Thanks for that Kangaroota I will have a read and try to educate myself a little more on the Handicapping side of things

17St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Anyhow back to St Albans......I'm thinking McMahon to win this one.

18St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

untouchables wrote:
Fast wrote:
DDog wrote:
untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.


Stawell happened last year because of the 14m limit and the handicapper being forced to lift the field 1.5m.

The SAAL at the Bay proved that you don’t need a limit of 14m and even 12 is huge for a classic.

I think you can assume that most young runners can improve 2 to 3m with a good training program and natural growth as was the case with Talia Martin.


Yes most people got 1.50m lift for Stawell she only got 1.25m for Stawell making it 9.50m.  She already had 8.25m at Bendigo and now she is going to be at 6.75m for future 120m and her mark was 7.00m for 100m and now is 5.75m.

19St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Hubbaup wrote:
untouchables wrote:
Fast wrote:
DDog wrote:
untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.


Stawell happened last year because of the 14m limit and the handicapper being forced to lift the field 1.5m.

The SAAL at the Bay proved that you don’t need a limit of 14m and even 12 is huge for a classic.

I think you can assume that most young runners can improve 2 to 3m with a good training program and natural growth as was the case with Talia Martin.


Yes most people got 1.50m lift for Stawell she only got 1.25m for Stawell making it 9.50m.  She already had 8.25m at Bendigo and now she is going to be at 6.75m for future 120m and her mark was 7.00m for 100m and now is 5.75m.


I think that's pretty fair if the girl you are talking about is a junior Untouchables. As long as all the interstate juniors are treated the same way it's all good mate

20St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

The Women's races are very interesting this season. Lots of ducking and weaving going on and not all is not getting picked up. There have been a large number of NAP's issued for these races so the stewards are watching.

Jessica Payne 2m 14% - 'Feel The' Payne is now one of the absolute quality female athletes going around. The work that Shane has put in to her has paid dividends with quality wins and finals. What is left for her to achieve? I am not sure just how good this young lady could be. Only Shane knows I guess. Will final and will come home strong but will not win this one. Others are too far in front.

Tara Domaschenz 4.75m 9% - Has moved out nicely and is always a threat to make finals. Under the guidance of a very cagey pro athlete she will be ready when her time is right. She has class in this field as well having won Stonnington in back to back years. Could she be the pea for a fourth Stawell sash in a row? Another big success story well done POD.

Keely Henderson 7.5m 9% - Has made some finals of late and looks like she is in form judging by her 70m finals. Was unlucky not to be in the final at Rye for the 70m, not sure what happened there but she is cherry ripe. another big improver under a cagey coach. Chance here.

Anna Pasquali 10.5m 26% - Lots has been made of Anna's mark this season but people probably forget that she is now 10 years on from winning three Rye carnivals in a row, has had three kids and has to live with Wally! I was surprised to see her running a 400m after making a 120m final at Rye and waited for the stewards report before saying anything. I think that regardless of getting permission to run that this is not acceptable and you should not be able to do it. Having said that, Anna is a big chance here but I would think she is setting her sights on a a home town win. And good luck to her.

Megan McMahon 16.5m 9% - Has made finals this year in the 120m and still has a mark to get another win up. It will be interesting to see if she is followed down the track. There must be others who will charge her down but I am not sure.

Good luck ladies.

21St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Maybe they need to pay more attention to the heats and not just the semis and final.

22St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Statsman you are correct that there needs to be close attention paid to all heats over all distances. And perhaps it is the athletes and coaches job to stay away from the officials when the races are on so that they can concentrate on the running. There has been a lot of negativity in your posts this week and we are entitled to voice our opinion on here. Some of what you say is correct and frustrating for all athletes regardless of the races they enter. I watch athletes week in week out not putting in 100% effort, in the old days you were more harshly dealt with. But, let's move on shall we and focus on some very good events coming up.

23St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

I'm happy to move on Mex and let the Stats speak for themselves. Should be a ripper meet at St Albans I'm looking forward to it. May the best runners on the day get the job done over all distances

24St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:54 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

Hubbaup wrote:
Hubbaup wrote:
untouchables wrote:
Fast wrote:
DDog wrote:
untouchables wrote:
ding dong wrote:Is it even possible to have moved 1.25m after just 7 runs this season ??
Untouchables, all young females [ not sure about males ] went back because the handicapper didn't wan a repeat of last years Stawell fiasco. Stawell happened last year because of an inept handicapper.


The unique sport of pro running, I know of a runner who has lost 1.50m from last season on her 120 mark and did not run at Stawell, won nothing all year no PB at AV and has done nothing wrong I think and read that it does not seem fair does it.


Stawell happened last year because of the 14m limit and the handicapper being forced to lift the field 1.5m.

The SAAL at the Bay proved that you don’t need a limit of 14m and even 12 is huge for a classic.

I think you can assume that most young runners can improve 2 to 3m with a good training program and natural growth as was the case with Talia Martin.


Yes most people got 1.50m lift for Stawell she only got 1.25m for Stawell making it 9.50m.  She already had 8.25m at Bendigo and now she is going to be at 6.75m for future 120m and her mark was 7.00m for 100m and now is 5.75m.


I think that's pretty fair if the girl you are talking about is a junior Untouchables. As long as all the interstate juniors are treated the same way it's all good mate


Thank you Hubbaup for your help I feel much better now.

25St Albans Womens 120m Empty Re: St Albans Womens 120m Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 am

Guest

Anonymous
Guest

By the look of the St Albans stewards report Mex the officials look like they spent a bit of time discussing with POD his level of "Cageyness"

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum